Skip to main content
Shop Merch Add a Show Listing
My Shows
News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Disney's Hercules at Tuacahn 2027

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.

#1

Disney's Hercules at Tuacahn 2027

Tuacahn Amphitheater in Utah anounced their 2027 season tonight, and it looks like they have been selected by Disney to present the first regional production of Hercules. Not much other info yet on the website.

The other shows next summer are Prince of Egypt & Hairspray.

https://www.tuacahn.org/2027-season-reveal/


...
#2

Disney's Hercules at Tuacahn 2027

This is awesome! I wonder if it will be similar to the Public theatre's production back in summer 2019 at delacorte theater.

#3

Disney's Hercules at Tuacahn 2027

I don't know, as they don't have much more info up on their site yet I would guess that it might be closer to the version that played London in 2025.


...
#4

Disney's Hercules at Tuacahn 2027

inception said: "Tuacahn Amphitheater in Utah anounced their 2027 season tonight, and it looks like they have been selected by Disney to present the first regionalproduction of Hercules. Not much other info yet on the website.

The other shows next summer are Prince ofEgypt & Hairspray.

https://www.tuacahn.org/2027-season-reveal/
"

ASF announced theirs first I thought we were special :'(


“I'd rather be a creature of the night than an old dude.” ― Gerard Way
#6

Disney's Hercules at Tuacahn 2027

Wick3 said: "This is awesome! I wonder if it will be similar to the Public theatre's production back in summer2019 at delacorte theater."

That version is likely long gone. It was a stepping stone to the version that started at Papermill and then went to Hamburg and London.

I’m a little surprised they are going the regional route instead of a Broadway run (even a brief one like NEWSIES was originally intended to be) first, but I think they know that the NY Critics will punch it down.


Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm
#7

Disney's Hercules at Tuacahn 2027

I mean, reception to all versions of the show hasn’t been particularly great, so it makes sense Disney would skip a potentially risky major investment on Broadway and go right to the safer bet of regional licensing. The show could be a total mess and it’ll still be produced across the country at every level.


"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
#8

Disney's Hercules at Tuacahn 2027

Kad said: "I mean, reception to all versions of the show hasn’t been particularly great, so it makes sense Disney would skip a potentially risky major investment on Broadway and go right to the safer bet of regional licensing. The show could be a total mess and it’ll still be produced across the country at every level."

I didn’t mind it in London. It was an improvement over Papermill for sure. I almost wish they would take the risk instead of pumping out another one of those crap-trap live action remakes


Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm
#9

Disney's Hercules at Tuacahn 2027

Unfortunately, those remakes have generally proven incredibly lucrative even if they fade immediately from cultural memory.


"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
#10

Re: Disney's Hercules at Tuacahn 2027

I saw the show in London over the summer, and the stagecraft was very impressive to me, and the additions to the score aren't awful. What IS horrible is the book that made the show seem like it was another episode of Hannah Montana or any other Disney Channel comedy.
#11

Re: Disney's Hercules at Tuacahn 2027

Aladdin took a route like this: it spent about a decade in regionals being tested and rewritten over and over until it finally turned into the Broadway version.
#12

Re: Disney's Hercules at Tuacahn 2027

Aladdin’s pilot production premiered at the Seattle 5th Avenue in summer of 2011. The following summer they released the rights to Tuacahn. Actually I think MUNY also did it. Those were the only 3 regional productions prior to to 2013 pre Broadway tryout in Toronto that I can think of. It did not spend a decade in regional theaters.

Updated On: 9/14/26 at 01:05 PM

BroadwayWorld TV


Ticket Central
Hot Show
Tickets From $58
Hot Show
Tickets From $80
Hot Show
Tickets From $67
Hot Show
Tickets From $59