News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for seahag2

seahag2 Profile Photo
Member Name: seahag2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: glitter

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

KPOP to Broadway  Mar 31 2022, 12:18:15 AM

JBroadway said: So the show will likely be re-conceived to some extent, but it's unclear what that extent will be. Will they section off portions of the CITS to split the audience up? Will they have some scenes take place in the lobby or backstage? Or will they abandon the immersive elements of the show, and re-write it accordingly? The latter seems much more feasible and likely to me, but it's hard to know. And even harder to know exactly what it will look like. The planned out o

NYC Theater Discord Server  Mar 28 2022, 02:45:28 PM

(chrishuyen if you make one can you send/dm inv link... i have experience admining servers so can offer help if needed!)

NYC Theater Discord Server  Mar 28 2022, 02:41:53 PM

i've joined TOO many broadway discord servers and they all skew very young and are extremely fandom-y... as frustrating as these boards can be sometimes, they've honestly been the single best place for online theatre talk year after year.

K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Mar 23 2022, 03:40:37 PM

Agreed about Luna. Korean Idol training is actually very similar to training that conservatory musicians and actors receive in the west. This is definitely not the same quality of actor that stunt casting an American pop star would get you.

K-POP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Mar 23 2022, 03:22:40 PM

F(X) LUNA???? 

kpop stans and theatre goers are a lethal combination.... incoming BOTH kpop twt and bwayworld commenters screaming "flop" and deeply misunderstanding how the other community functions (toxicity and all)

Article in defence of theatre chat message boards.  Jan 22 2022, 12:34:20 AM

I always find myself coming back to these boards because they're really the only reliable place to get information about theatre. Theatre forums raised me - no, seriously- from age 11 to my current age, 25, and taught me so much about art and theatre history. The conversations about the politics and social impact of American theatre are invaluable because they come from the people who love it the most. 

Facebook groups and twitter circles have tried to replicate what happens here but most posters hold back because they're still trying to get hired or what have you. Loved the article and its honesty.

devil

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Jan 19 2022, 10:42:59 AM

Is there a way to check who will be on for Elphaba/Glinda before a performance? A day or two in advance? Can you call the box office and check or is there anywhere that they post scheduled outs?  Lol sorry I know I sound like a dummy I just really want to see Allie Trimm's Galinda. Haven't seen Wicked in over a decade so have no idea what it's like securing tickets T_T

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 16 2021, 01:04:50 PM

I went to a viewing that had a panel with cast members at the end, so I think most people who were there were big fans. Lots of sniffling throughout, haha. Curious to hear how regular audiences who have no prior knowledge of the musical will react once it opens in theatres because there are truly some wild twists and turns in this story. 

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 16 2021, 12:21:58 PM

Rattle I'm not sure if you saw the movie but 

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

in this version he publicly admits on instagram that he lied, which is a HUGE revision to the play. Granted, 50% of the film is not dedicated to him dealing with the fall out, it's maybe more like.... 5% of the plot toward the end. Of course, I too would have lik

Waitress Casting  Sep 16 2021, 11:38:50 AM

Sigh, really wish Lea Michele hadn't given herself the reputation she has because her voice is so beautiful ... probably could give a heart breaking performance as Jenna. 

Which musical theater creators do you want to watch in the future?  Sep 16 2021, 11:20:46 AM

Anything Sara Bareilles does!! Have always been able to hear musical theatre influence in her early albums and I love the way she talks about musicals with such a reverence and appreciation. One of the most talented writers... can't wait to see what she does next.

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 16 2021, 10:53:26 AM

rattleNwoolypenguin said: "Can I just say something as someone who has critiqued the hell out of this property openly in this forum,

There is without question Ben Platt and Rachel Bay Jones gave two of the greatest live performances I've ever seen on broadway. But I'm also convinced their humanity and empathy in their performance would've made me go along with any stupid plot they were acting out. And the score is memorable! There are some really solid tunes.

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 16 2021, 10:07:29 AM

I saw the Broadway production in 2019 and I really did not care for it. My main issues were with the tone, the character of Alana, and a less important complaint, but I really didn't like how Connor only existed through other people's interpretations and never spoke for himself. Was PLEASANTLY surprised that each of these items were fixed (to my liking, at least) in the film. I think the source material works way better on film. For me, the musical has too many abstractions for a

Discord Server?  Aug 8 2020, 01:49:52 PM

Lol bumping this again because I have only been able to find server with 13-18 year olds ..... pm me if you have a server invite <3

Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice  Feb 22 2020, 12:40:58 PM

Oh Beetlejuice..... I hate to say it I hope I don't sound ridiculous, I don't know who this man is...or anything else about this show and its drama. So while reading these threads didn't realize that 'Dana' was referring to THEE Dana Steingold aka Bat'ya Rosen in The Battery's Down!! I loved her in that web series + the Spelling Bee tour videos and am really happy she's onto something big :' 

Mezzanine, my theater diary app, is available now on the App Store!  Jan 25 2020, 08:05:15 PM

ben, what are the possibilities of making a website version? 

Mezzanine, my theater diary app, is available now on the App Store!  Jan 25 2020, 04:49:02 PM

downloaded today!! thank you for making this much needed app <3

Jordan Fisher—DEH  Jan 18 2020, 08:19:32 PM

Teen Beach Movie stans make some noise!!! We love Seacat

Jeremy O Harris on men not being able to be  Jan 8 2020, 10:15:37 AM

LOL these tweets read like a stan <edited by BWW staff>>poster with a meme profile picture who says stuff like “Music Man did nothing for the gays. Stream Beetlejuice.” Maybe he believes what he says is true, but it’s also probably not meant to be taken thaaaat seriously (said to get people riled up by taking an extreme stance) And it’s hella funny (TO ME!). The only thing that is a little strange is that usually these statements are made by priv

The Lightning Thief goes after critics on twitter  Jan 6 2020, 06:57:04 PM

The Distinctive Baritone said: "Because of social media, theatre critics (and, I suppose, critics of anything) are losing their power. In an age where everyone can very publicly give their opinion about something, theatre critics' reviews are finally being recognized for what they are: one person's opinion. There is no way for a critic to be "objective" when reviewing a show. They aren't grading a math test. They are judging a piece of art based on their knowled

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You