News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for achangeinme

achangeinme Profile Photo
Member Name: achangeinme
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://lifefromtheshelf.blogspot.com
Blog Address:
Profile:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The Official '9-5' Thread  Jun 30 2008, 08:28:30 PM
Call me slow but I just got that Allison Janney in the upcoming 9 to 5 is the same Allison Janney who plays the stepmom in Juno.

XD

re: This weeks grosses - from Playbill  Jun 30 2008, 07:42:05 PM
Yay for Xanadu! This really was a great week for most shows.

But holy crap at the drop Passing Strange had. Will they be able to continue through the summer?

re: Shows You'd Like to See Encores! Do?  Jun 30 2008, 02:56:43 PM
Mack and Mabel
Carousel
Flora
A Little Night Music
Allegro (again)
Evita (but no Idina, please)

re: Musicals that Could've been plays  Jun 30 2008, 02:46:41 PM
Spring Awakening would work much better as a play.

...oh, nevermind.

re: Did anyone see any Broadway shows before it made it to Broadway  Jun 29 2008, 06:07:44 PM
Center or back, it is nice to meet a fellow Seattleite! Young Frankenstein, Hairspray, Princesses, The Wedding Singer, and The Light in the Piazza all had out of town try out here. I'll be seeing Shrek this summer when it premieres at the 5th Avenue Theatre!
re: Anyone see any Bway stars perform before they 'made it'...?  Jun 29 2008, 05:43:23 PM
Cheyenne Jackson used to do shows all the time at two community theatres near me--The Village Theatre and The 5th Avenue Theatre in Seattle. He actually stays at my old voice teacher's house sometimes when he comes back to Washington.
re: Wicked 5th Anniversary??  Jun 21 2008, 07:20:08 PM
Liza is double cast as the Wizard with Neil Patrick Harris.
re: Why was the Into the Woods revival..  Jun 21 2008, 01:33:22 AM
I really hate the revival recording of ITW. I can hardly listen to it. But I also realize I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to stuff like that. :P

Benanti was the only part of the production I liked.

re: Who is your favorite foreign Broadway performer?  Jun 19 2008, 01:01:32 PM
Ruthie Henshall.
re: The Search for Elle THOUGHTS!  Jun 18 2008, 02:34:43 PM
Emma-Evita

Somewhere God just killed a kitten.

re: Did anyone see Kerry tonight?  Jun 18 2008, 01:32:30 AM
Bizarrely, she decided to "speak-sing" much of For Good, as if she were Rex Harrison in My Fair Lady

Oh my, this really made me lol. Now I can't get the picture of Rex Harrison painted green out of my mind.

re: Alec Baldwin - MACBETH - Slip-up?  Jun 17 2008, 02:30:09 AM
I think Alec Baldwin gets the privilege to say Macbeth around a theatre just because he is such a badass. He's just a little cooler than the rest of us common folk.

re: 9 to 5 casting  Jun 17 2008, 02:27:54 AM
Hilty is a force to be reckoned with. Pair her with Block and a fierce supporting cast...

It looks like we have a mega hit on our hands. :)

re: Michael Riedel's Views on the Tony Awards  Jun 17 2008, 02:22:34 AM
I love that Reidel calls ITH's win an upset when even my GRANDMA predicted that it would win. Can we direct one big BWW eye roll in his direction?

I wasn't amused with any of Stew's antics at the Tony awards. He came off as very pretentious and disrespectful. I'm really glad PS didn't win Best Musical, especially after reading this article.

It is like he is saying ITH shouldn't have won because it wasn't the most off-beat, quirky show this season. I don't know about you, but I

re: Grease Production Number on the Tony Awards  Jun 17 2008, 02:11:42 AM
WTF? ITH was watchable, to say the very least. It didn't get a Tony award for BEST MUSICAL because it is unwatchable.

How could you make any statement where you imply that Grease is better than ITH?

Were you trying to be funny or something?

re: Patti did fine, but it's inarguable: Bernadette is the Diva of our day  Jun 17 2008, 12:28:58 AM
Liza.

I pick Liza.

:)

re: Kristin Chenoweth's New Boyfriend!  Jun 16 2008, 09:35:43 PM
He reminds me of Chris Martin from Coldplay. Ha, I bet Cheno gets around a lot! She is a woman who could easily get away with it.
re: Is Ms Lupone stage door friendly?  Jun 16 2008, 01:19:40 PM
I'm sorry but I find the title of this thread to very amusing. Is Ms LuPone microwave friendly? Is Ms Lupone child friendly? Is Ms LuPone dishwasher friendly?

You get the jist.

re: Different Patti View  Jun 16 2008, 01:15:51 PM
They can revive Gypsy ever year and I wouldn't care. With shows like Cry Baby and Grease on Broadway, I'm going to take all the truly great musical theatre I can get!

I liked Peter's interpration of Mama Rose and I like LuPone's just as much. However, I think this revival of Gypsy has powerhouse acting all around and is, overall, a better production.

re: Best Dressed at the Tonys?  Jun 16 2008, 01:07:19 PM
Laura Benanti and Kelli O'Hara.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You