News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SteamHeat2

SteamHeat2 Profile Photo
Member Name: SteamHeat2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Songs conveying Strength and Hope
 Mar 24 2010, 10:09:05 PM
I am producing a play which I would like to add a couple songs to. It is a play about death and a man who murders several of his friends. The songs will be sung by the people who are killed. I am looking for suggestions on songs (that are fairly recognizable for a moderately theatre savvy audience) that can be sung by or adapted to an ensemble setting such as:
The New World: Songs for a New World
Hear My Song: Songs for a New World
Tomorrow Belongs to Me: Cabaret
Somewhere: West

re: LES MISERABLES - the movie musical - 2012
 Oct 24 2009, 01:05:01 AM
I definitely find Matt Morrison attractive (remember Piazza and South Pacific) :)
Plus he is rising as a household name thanks to Glee with lots of teen girls and women finding him attractive..

What are people's thoughts on casting the guy who plays Finn from Glee in this movie?

re: LES MISERABLES - the movie musical - 2012
 Oct 23 2009, 12:40:49 AM
"Valjean- Hugh Jackman
Javert- Kevin Kline
Fantine- Catherine Zeta-Jones
Cosette- ??
Marius- Ben Barnes
Eponine- Lea Michele
Enjolras- ??
Thenardier- Geoffrey Rush or Nathan Lane
Mme. Thenardier- ?? "

What about Matthew Morrison as Enjolras??
I like the idea of Ewan McGregor and Anne Hathaway involved..and while we are adding Matt Morrison and Lea Michele, why not add the guy that plays Finn from Glee as well as Marius or one

aida movie
 Jun 20 2009, 12:09:31 PM
People would go see it just for Carrie (I would. I love her voice) but I have no idea about the acting.

I was kidding about the AI thing but I guess it would work.

re: Shows that you don't get
 Jun 20 2009, 12:07:39 PM
Hello Dolly (I spent the whole show waiting for the Waiter's Gallop (I am a dancer) and after the show remembered next to nothing except for that number and Mo Brady's adorable Barnaby) This was the 5th Avenue Production in Seattle this last season.

Spring Awakening
The Lion King (after the opening number)
Wicked
Aida

aida movie
 Jun 20 2009, 11:55:04 AM
IF this did happen...what about Fantasia as Aida? I haven't seen her act but some of you have and I don't remember if she is good or not.

EDIT: and if you put Adam as Radames, why don't we just make it an all American Idol movie and have Carrie Underwood or Diana DeGarmo be Amneris?

re: Shrek Worth Seeing?
 Apr 1 2009, 02:11:16 AM
Shrek. It may not be deep or brilliant but it is an entertaining night out filled with first class talent.
re: Shrek Was Great
 Feb 9 2009, 01:08:16 AM
I really enjoyed it in Seattle and saw the show and rehearsals multiple times...It isn't perfect but it makes for an enjoyable night out with great talent both onstage and off.
re: Lost Love Broadway showtunes?
 Jan 23 2009, 12:33:21 AM
"I Could Never Rescue You" Last Five Years
"What I Did For Love" A Chorus Line (possibly out of context...)
"On My Own" Les Miserables
"I Will Never LEave You" Sideshow (kind of. they realize that they will never find love from a man but that they will always have each other..so its a little out of the box but works in my mind..)
"Easy as Life" Aida
"Another Suitcase in Another Hall" Evita
"Dividing Day" Light in the Piazza
"The Fire Within Me" Little Women (sisterly

re: Best of Each Composer Playlist
 Jan 12 2009, 12:25:24 AM
RE: Scott Alan
true..but he has a place on my list :)
and, as a side note, it wasn't broadway (or anything close to it) bu this musical Piece was produced at Village Theatre Originals in Seattle

Jan 11 2009, 11:30:19 PM
By the way, I am now copying you :) But I am going to make a playlist for each composer of 15-20 songs. I guess I have some cds to get...
 Jan 11 2009, 11:24:29 PM
A fabulous newer composer: Scott Alan. His songs are beautiful and his youtube channel is great: scottalannet or something like that. His website is scottalan.net

Craig Carnelia's Flight is beautiful (especially the Megan McGinnis/Sutton Foster duet version)

re: Help with finding a Romantic Duet
 Jan 11 2009, 11:04:39 PM
Since the OP was looking for more contemporary:

I'd Give it All for You (Songs for a New World)
Nothing is too Wonderful to Be True (Dirty Rotten Scoundrels) (more comedic really...)
Accident Waiting to Happen (Drowsy Chaperone)
The Next Ten Minutes (Last Five Years)
Goodbye Until Tomorrow/I Will Never Rescue You (Last Five Years)
Because of You (I Love you Because)
Count on My Love (Lone Star Love) if you can find the sheet music.
and there are loads more..

re: The Moment That Has Caused You To Grin The Most Ridiculously Humongousl
 Dec 28 2008, 03:46:45 PM
Freak Flag-Shrek
I can't even stop smiling when I sing it around the house :)

Another Saturday Night in New York, We're Just Friends, I Love You Because, But I Do (all from I Love You Because)

re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
 Dec 28 2008, 12:28:09 PM
Broadway Star: Sutton Foster during Seattle Shrek run. She was lovely and talked with me for 5 minutes and then signed and took pictures. It may have had something to do with the small crowd at the stage door that night and the fact that it was out of town but she was fun and sweet.

Also, John Tartaglia, Chris Sieber, Denny Paschall, Haven Burton.

Yes they are all from Shrek, but that was the nicest cast I have ever met.

Oh and Jonathon Crombie (Gilbert in the Anne of

re: How to save Broadway
 Dec 28 2008, 12:21:00 PM
This thread is sadly amusing

Oh, and Joe-
It's Light in the Piazza NOT Light in the Pizza...

re: Backstage??
 Dec 28 2008, 03:11:55 AM
I think it is fine to ask to go backstage as long as you ask politely and in a totally non creepy way.
Don't be offended if your request is denied.
I find the easiest way to contact many broadway performers is through facebook. They may or may not have one and they may or may not respond or accept friend requests from fans. Try sending a message or if you must add them, add a message to your request mentioning you are planning on seeing the show [date] and then in some words ask for a qu

re: List of Musicals
 Dec 28 2008, 02:25:18 AM
What about "A Catered Affair"? It makes me sad that it is already being forgotten. Oh, and "Glory Days". That one doesn't make me quite as sad...but it does deserve a small measure of fame for how marvelously it flopped :) Also, "Cry Baby."

You actually really could look this up yourself though- I mean that in the nicest way possible. Hear I will help you out. Try this: http://ibdb.com/advSearchShows.php. Or this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:2008_musicals

But ibdb seems to be more reliable generally and is a great resource (book mark it).

re: What Showtunes Would Be On Your Debut CD?
 Dec 27 2008, 09:17:19 PM
Bringing this thread back :)

Only the #1,2,12,13 tracks are in a specific order
1. Flight (by Craig Carnelia)
2. Someone Else's Story (Chess)
3. Ten Cents a Dance (Simply Simon)
4. Prairie Moon (Lone Star Love)
5. His Name (by Scott Alan)
6. Like Everyone Else (Sideshow) with Sutton Foster
7. Bewitched
8. Touch My Soul (bare)
9. In Whatever Time We Have (Children of Eden) with Matt Morrison
10. Almost Like Being in Love (Brigadoon)
11. If

re: Of All The Shows/Performances You Saw This Year...
 Dec 26 2008, 09:04:26 PM
The Opening Night Performance of Shrek in Seattle (it was my 4th time seeing it (along with 3 rehearsals)) and I loved knowing that I had helped create this. And to be honest, Seattle doesnt get that kind of excitement very often, Sutton Foster, Chris Sieber. :) It was a great night, especially since I didnt have to spend any money on the ticket (comp ticket as a thanks for input in helping the show develop!). All the actors and Tesori/Abaire were so fun at stagedoor as well. It was a magical ni
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You