News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JackersCrackers

Member Name: JackersCrackers
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

stanislavski help please!
 Sep 7 2004, 09:10:10 AM
I'm reading Stanislavski's "An Actor Prepares" for a theater class and we have a quiz today on the first two chapters. I was hoping someone could please hit on a few of the main points or things that could be on the quiz. I did read the material, but I want to make sure that I am really grasping it. Thanks a bunch.
re: i need advice
 Sep 7 2004, 08:51:25 AM
God bless you. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
re: The Audition Post (Songs and Monologues)
 Aug 22 2004, 02:09:01 AM
GREAT list...thanks a bunch!
re: Hello Dolly
 Aug 20 2004, 02:03:38 PM
Thanks a lot for your help everyone...I certainly will!
re: Down With Love
 Aug 20 2004, 01:58:44 PM
I thought Down With Love was wonderful, delightful, and fresh. It would make for a very entertaining musical!
re: Colleges in PA
 Aug 14 2004, 03:27:39 AM
I'm going to Susquehanna University in the fall and they have a great Musical Theater program...I also looked at Clarion University, they've got a great musical theater thing going on too. If you're just into straight theater, DeSales University in Allentown has an amazing program. Hope that helps!
re: wicked and eddie korbich
 Aug 14 2004, 03:03:28 AM
Eddie is from my hometown and I'm in a community theater production directed by his former piano and voice teacher. He is like a legend here in Shamokin PA...everyone says he is amazing. It's refresing to see that people from small towns can make it big!
re: Things I Learned From Broadway Shows
 Aug 12 2004, 01:53:25 PM
you'll walk a little taller in a pair of high-heeled shoes.
 Aug 10 2004, 12:17:54 PM
Oooo another one...

"Never fall in love during a total eclipse."

A Funny Thing Happened...
 Aug 10 2004, 12:15:59 PM
I'm currently playing Philia in a community theater production of "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum," and I was wondering if anyone had an tips for me on how to approach this part. Any gestures, way to deliver lines...just any special nuances that would make her more interesting. Thanks a bunch!
 Aug 9 2004, 03:56:35 PM
"If you pile up a bunch of tomorrows, you'll find you're left with nothing but a bunch of empty yesterdays." ~ Music Man

I think thats the gist of the quote, someone correct me if I misquoted!

GREAT thread!

Tony Kushner
 Aug 9 2004, 02:14:02 PM
Anyone know anything about Tony Kushner's adaptation of "The Dybbuk?"
Hello Dolly
 Aug 9 2004, 12:59:29 PM
I just read Thorton Wilder's The Matchmaker in preparation for a Hello Dolly audition. However, I was just wondering if anyone would be able to help me a little bit with the character development for Dolly Levi. I'm not sure about her accent, either... I watched the movie but I can't figure out exactly what Babs is going for. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

E-mail : stagedreamer04@yahoo.com

re: John Tartaglia
 Aug 9 2004, 12:33:12 PM
Is there any possibility that he's bi?
re: Paris Hilton beaten up
 Aug 6 2004, 03:24:34 AM
"Women are not people. They are devices built by the Lord, Jesus Christ for our entertainment". - Peter Griffin

Please tell me you're not serious. (Tongue and cheek I hope.)

re: Wicked
 Aug 3 2004, 02:58:24 AM
wickedfan2, it didn't take long at all to meet the cast after the show...I would say about 15-20 minutes until all of them came out. You're going to LOVE it! Have fun and let me know how it goes!
Wicked
 Jul 30 2004, 04:40:05 PM
Did anyone see the night performance of Wicked this past Wed, the 28th? Joey was so funny, he dropped his gun during the scene where he tries to rescue Elphaba. JLT and Idina burst into a fit of giggles...adorable. Also, thanks to everyone for the tips for the stagedoor! We got to meet Joey, Idina, and JLT...Idina was beautiful, JLT was so cute, and Joey was extremely extremely nice. Anyone else have stagedoor experiences they would like share? I LOVE hearing them!
re: Hello Dolly Script...
 Jul 30 2004, 04:35:27 PM
Thanks so much...I ran to the library today and got it---very helpful!!
Hello Dolly Script...
 Jul 30 2004, 11:01:43 AM
I'm going to be auditioning for a production of Hello Dolly and I would love to look at the script beforehand. Any tips of where to find it online would be greatly appreciated...thanks!!!
re: Mandy Moore in Wicked?
 Jul 28 2004, 02:50:34 AM
I always thought Mandy was sweet and lovable, but I never thought she had the acting chops until I saw her in Saved. It's a role similiar to that of Glinda, and she really wowed me. Still don't know if the singing is there...I'm looking forward to seeing JLT in the role!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You