News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Shunterk

Member Name: Shunterk
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tony award for choreography 2007
 May 29 2012, 10:03:20 PM
Okay, wait a minute.

I rarely post, but this argument has gotten out of control and honestly, it doesn't make sense.

Of course money and might mean nothing when it comes to garnering awards. It never has, in any art form. And while we both know that Broadway is both a business and an art, the Tony Awards (In an ideal world) reward the artistic merit of the piece. Best Choreography and Best Musical. Not 'Musical with the most Financial Security'. So in terms of artistic merit,

H2$ Darren Criss rush
 Jan 8 2012, 11:06:27 AM
So, I'm heading up to see the show on Saturday, our bus gets into NYC at 5 AM at Madison-Square-Garden-Area and I'm worried as to whether or not my friends and I will be safe to get tickets through rush or SRO. We don't really care about either, but as long as we can see it. If not, I would much rather see something else, but my friends want to see this. So, do you think we'll be safe to see the show?
H2$ Darren Criss rush
 Jan 3 2012, 04:05:19 PM
First of all, I thought 'Play Esq.' had posted, 'Darren is cute as a bottom' and I then scoured the internet for, um, things. Haha

But, the real purpose for this post, my friends and I are set to arrive in NYC at 5 AM on the 14th. Do you think that'll be okay? If not, well, that'll suck. Sunday we're rushing Follies. So excited!

WAR HORSE Rush
 Dec 16 2011, 03:52:50 PM
Just wondering, what is the deal with Rush for War Hose lately? Is it still not happening because it's sold out? I'm planning to see it in early March, so, would there be a chance of any tickets being available?

Also, Someone had mentioned that Linctix made excepts for people under 21, I'm 19, is this true? Or will I really have to wait a few more years to use this tool?

Volunteer ushering at New World Stages
 Dec 12 2011, 09:14:05 PM
During my New York trip over the summer, I volunteered for both shows and it was an immensely pleasurable experience.

For Rent, it was during Previews, and Ben Brantley was there that night. They don't really care about how early you get there (As long as you're early) and you get to see a lot of interesting pre-show activities. Adam C-B just did really weird warm ups the entire time while Matt Shingledecker did push-ups for like 30 minutes. Once the show started, we were seated, given

The Book of Mormon average ticket price: $153.89!
 Oct 25 2011, 04:30:28 PM
Book of Mormon is the second cheapest ticket I've ever bought for Broadway, the cheapest being $26.50 for Catch Me if You Can, and that 50 Cents made all the difference.
Tours should have LOTTERY/RUSH!
 Aug 15 2011, 12:38:33 PM
I don't know about tours, but the theaters near me all have a student rush for every broadway-style musical they hold.
What Is Your Viewing Record For A Broadway Show?
 Aug 2 2011, 12:59:19 AM
Passing Strange Nine Times.
Spiderman Rush
 Aug 1 2011, 09:36:26 PM
Hey, I was just wondering how rush was lately for Spiderman. When I'm in NYC next week, I'm planning on rushing Jerusalem and then rushing over to get seats for Spiderman. Do you think that'd be okay, or do you think my friend and I should split up and get tickets to both shows in that way?
Official: Daniel Radcliffe to Exit HOW TO SUCCEED Jan. 1; Darren Criss to Start Jan. 3 for Three Weeks
 Aug 1 2011, 01:26:12 PM
I think the idea is to be able to train/hire a bigger name after Criss leaves. Or at least, try to find someone. If not, then the producers will have just made that much more revenue. Either way, a show keeps running.
MEMPHIS on NETFLIX?!?!
 Jul 18 2011, 09:07:56 PM
It's also in his stutter and the way he slurs his words. Gah, it drives me nuts.
MEMPHIS on NETFLIX?!?!
 Jul 18 2011, 08:42:25 PM
I'm confused, is Huey supposed to be mentally challenged is that just the way how Chad Kimball plays him? I worry that he's portraying white southern men as well, idiots. And being born and raised in the south, not going to lie, that kind of offends me.
HAIR Seat Removal...Anyone else have this problem?
 Jun 28 2011, 07:34:01 PM
Please let them be held for Rush. Has anyone heard anything else about Rush or Lotto?
What time should I arrive to RUSH:
 Jun 13 2011, 03:01:43 PM
broadway_show_fan, I signed up for Linctix, but I'm a bit out of the age range, i.e. 19. Do they check ID's?
 Jun 13 2011, 02:02:30 PM
So, after watching the Tony Awards last night I've decided to change up my schedule a bit. I'm going to see Catch Me if you Can, Mamma Mia (never seen it), Anything Goes, How to Succeed, War Horse and Spiderman, and I was planning on rushing all of them. I'm planning to arrive at each theater at around 7, to ensure that I get seats. Do you think that I'll be good?

Also, how has the Jerusalem rush been? I've been wanting to try and get seats a few hours before the show starts. Is that p

Jun 10 2011, 01:01:12 PM
Catch Me If You Can (Sunday)

How to Succeed (Tuesday)

Mary Poppins (Wednesday)

Sister Act (Thursday)

Spiderman (Friday)

I'm planning on going to New York in mid-August, but I like to plan ahead. So, I was just wondering what time I should arrive at the theater to Rush for these shows.

Yes, I used search and I couldn't find much other than Catch Me.

Thanks!

Questions for William Ivey Long
 Mar 17 2011, 05:25:44 PM
My college is holding a mask program in which, during my studio class I'll have three hours to make a mask.

William Ivey Long will then walk through and judge the masks and the winners get to attend a black tie dinner thingie.

Anyways, I was wondering if any of you guys have any questions for the beautifully decorated costumer. I'd be happy to ask them, and I'm hoping to not sound like an idiot around a celebrity for once.

In The Heights tour ticket giveaway!
 Jan 14 2011, 11:49:59 AM
Vote for me Please!
Durham, NC!

Thank you SO much!

re: Spring Awakening Tour
 Feb 10 2010, 06:36:06 PM
I've got free seats to see the tour while it is in Durham at the DPAC, they're stage seats.

Now, I've heard a lot of different things about onstage seats. I've seen the show already, but I'm taking five friends and they haven't even done as much as listen to the cast recording. So, what exactly am I missing from sitting on stage? I know that I'll be behind the action every-so-often, but is there anything really important? Do they give you lockers like in NYC, or do they just trust you

re: Xanadu Tour
 Jan 13 2010, 12:43:35 PM
How much have onstage seats been going for in your cities?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You