News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jjcasual

Member Name: jjcasual
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Telecharge website updates  Feb 29 2020, 07:36:19 AM

bjh2114 said: "Pashacar said: "All great in theory, but it took about a dozen tries to actually get to a seating chart for me. Glad it's not that buggy for everyone."

Weirdly it's not working for me in Chrome unless I'm using an incognito window. Very annoying.
"

Do you have an ad blocker enabled? It could be that.

Will Little Shop of Horrors extend further?  Jan 27 2020, 11:33:50 AM
Does anyone have recent reports on the in person lottery?
Partial View Seats at MOULIN ROUGE?  Jan 23 2020, 05:37:07 PM
I won a partial view ticket through the lottery. I didn’t care for the show, so I don’t think I’ll return. Based on my one experience though, stay away from that elephant.
Six Rush or Lottery News  Jan 21 2020, 11:28:32 PM

GreasedLightning said: "Spring Awakening had an in-person lottery and Waitress had an in-person rush, so I wonder if they’ll keep a similar policy or if SIX will take the Broadway Direct lottery route... "

If I recall correctly, it took Waitress a year to announce a rush policy. Their cheapest offering was standing room tickets when the show was completely sold out. I really hope Six doesn’t opt for that policy (or the in-person lottery). 

Oklahoma! Final week rush and standing room.  Jan 15 2020, 01:04:23 PM
I got an email about discounted Freestyle Love Supreme merch. Is something like that happening at Oklahoma?

Also, is there any talk of the production going to the West End? Sorry if this is kind of off topic. I’ve just been wondering since I don’t think I’ll get to see it again this week.

When do Assassins tickets go on sale?  Jan 14 2020, 10:11:52 AM

GreasedLightning said: "jjcasual said: "CoercedBull said: "suicidalmickeymouse said: "I literally just did some digging myself. For 35 dollars, you get a membership allowing you to buy 35 dollar tickets. I purchased 2 assassins tickets (good seats too!) for 35 each. With all the taxes, it came to an even 120."

Thank you for bringing this option to my attention! I followed the exact same method and got twoREALLY good seats for $120.I can't believe it! Even with the membership, that's significantly cheaper than they would have been had I waited till tomorrow, plus I don't have to worry about getting bumrushed.
"

How much is the regular ticket price? I considered doing this a few weeks ago, but it might not make sense for me because I only want one.

"

I had the same thought when I purchased my membership/ticket last night.

Regular ticket prices start at $80 (previews) plus a service fee.The membership is $35 + $15 service fees, and the ticket is $35, no service fees. One ticket to Assassins w/ membership cameout to be $85 all in. The real savings here comes in if you buy two, because your second ticket will only be $35 so you’d save the difference of that second full-price ticket. Overall, still happy I went this route as I was able to do my shopping stress free and pick a great seat to the exact performance Iwantedbefore the on-sale today

I’mhoping if the show is GREAT and I want to revisit it, I’ll be able to use my membership on another $35 ticket (if they extend, perhaps?) and get my savings worth.
"

Thanks for the info! I've been trying to be more responsible with my ticket buying, but I definitely screwed up on this one. Maybe they'll extend, and I can get another shot at it.

When do Assassins tickets go on sale?  Jan 14 2020, 08:09:45 AM

CoercedBull said: "suicidalmickeymouse said: "I literally just did some digging myself. For 35 dollars, you get a membership allowing you to buy 35 dollar tickets. I purchased 2 assassins tickets (good seats too!) for 35 each. With all the taxes, it came to an even 120."

Thank you for bringing this option to my attention! I followed the exact same method and got twoREALLY good seats for $120.I can't believe it! Even with the membership, that's si

Ali Stroker Attendance?  Nov 13 2019, 09:24:10 AM
Scarlet Leigh said: "LuPita2 said: "Rebecca Naomi Jones has started shooting a series in Atlanta, and announced a few weeks she would now be in and out of the show until closing. Also, Denver fills in for Damon a couple times a week still."

Yeah I forgot to mention that as well. Denver was on for Damon both shows last Wednesday. He was really great. If I didn't know Damon's work pretty well, I would have said that Denver was the full time actor in the role. Great chemistry with Rebecca.
"

Does anybody know if Damon has regularly scheduled absences? Since I missed him on my first visit, I'd like to catch him in the show before it closes. That said, I thought Denver was phenomenal.

I also saw a tweet saying Sasha will be Laurey through Thanksgiving. I have no idea how to link it, but it's here: https://twitter.com/OCUNYC/status/1194424920769466369?s=20

is anyone winning hadestown or moulin rouge lottery tix  Nov 1 2019, 08:21:13 AM
I won Hadestown twice during previews. One time was because the winners didn't get tickets, so I don't really count it. I haven't won Moulin Rouge. I'm hoping they both slow down during winter.
Oklahoma! Attendance recently  Sep 25 2019, 02:28:05 PM
BillyComet said: "Is anyone at the matinee this afternoon and can confirm attendance?"

Out of curiosity, what's your plan if your preferred cast member isn't in for your show?

Oklahoma! Attendance recently  Sep 24 2019, 10:02:07 PM
I think only Will Brill was out tonight.
Oklahoma! Attendance recently  Sep 24 2019, 12:10:21 PM
I saw the show on Sunday evening (9/22), and everyone was in except for Ali. It was a special performance for the Actors Fund, so I’m not sure if that changes anything.
The Wrong Man  Jul 26 2019, 03:08:18 PM
Do they have the under 30 tickets or the discounted front row deal for this show?
Oklahoma! lottery  Mar 27 2019, 02:11:09 PM
Does the lottery loser code work at the box office, or is it online only?
Tootsie or Moulin Rouge?  Mar 10 2019, 10:52:29 PM
late teens and early twenties? i’d take them to hadestown or oklahoma! myself.
HADESTOWN to open in March at the Walter Kerr  Dec 12 2018, 08:06:09 AM
Got an email from NYTW about Workshop Night on Broadway. Does anyone have an idea of what that might mean?
M Butterfly discount codes?  Oct 3 2017, 06:13:20 PM

They have discounted mezz and balcony seats on TodayTix.

Groundhog Day Rush Report  Sep 16 2017, 10:08:59 PM

I asked at the box office today, and they said there would have about 10 rush tickets for the final show. 

#TonysSoWhite ?  Jun 17 2017, 05:38:35 PM

Dave28282 said: "The percentage of people of color on Broadway is much higher than the percentage of people of color in the US population.
If 9 out of 10 people auditioning for a role are white (population standards) it is not rocket science that the chances of the role being cast white are 9 times higher. You might like colour-focus to kick in, but that is the start of the problem.

If 4 out of those 10 people are deliberately cast on color, we have a problem. The focus should never be on that in neutral casting. Unfortunately I see this happening a lot at the moment and it feels very forced. This casting luxury seems to be exclusive for black people at the moment, which is unfair to for example, Asian people. No other race/color has this unbalanced casting/population percentage in such an extreme way.
"

Since no one has pointed this out, I want to say the non-hispanic white population in the US is around 62%, and in NYC it's about 45%. In the 2014-2015 season, white actors held 84.5% of roles in plays and 74% of roles in musicals on Broadway. The gold standard for diversity is to have representation that mirrors the population. With Broadway being in NYC, it makes a lot of sense for at least 5 out of 10 roles going to people of color.

Some actors put together a pretty interesting report last year. You can read about it here: https://qz.com/842610/broadways-race-problem-is-unmasked-by-data-but-the-theater-industry-is-still-stuck-in-neutral/

Is it easy to resell DEH tickets?  Jun 12 2017, 08:42:22 AM

Robbie2 said: "Yes...It just WON Best Musical and Ben Platt his first TONY AND...

DEH Holy Toledo...

They just raised prices for Orchestra $299-$399

Mezzanine $250-$299
"

I think those are premium/mid-premium ticket prices. If you look far enough out (February and beyond), the cheapest mezzanine seats are $119 before fees. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You