News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Lumiere2

Lumiere2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Lumiere2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Lottery Loser? How to get tickets?  Jan 11 2024, 11:38:22 PM

Well...I'm embarrassed to say it, but I need help. The ticket prices for Merrily We Roll Along are outlandishly expensive, and I've now lost the lottery for day-of tickets more than 100 times. (I'm not kidding - I enter it religiously and it's almost pointless.)

The next cheapest ticket I can find is over $150 each, and they're often for partial-view seats. I'm quickly losing hope of ever winning this lottery, and as far as I can see there's no othe

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/7/24  Jan 9 2024, 05:26:04 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the producers of Harmony are delusionally keeping the show open until Tonys time to see if a miracle occurs - but I'd also be shocked if the have enough money in reserves to keep going that long.

If it's not that, I really don't understand how on Earth the show hasn't yet posted a closing notice.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/6/23  Aug 9 2023, 11:45:12 AM

One last positive Parade post: Not only did it have the highest capacity of any show this week, but can we be impressed its gross came up just 5% short of Hamilton?! For a show with 150 fewer seats to do that, taking on the only reasonable long-running challenger - that's very, very impressive. What a great send off for the production.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/30/23  Aug 1 2023, 05:23:59 PM

How, how, how, how has Once Upon a One More Time not yet announced their closing? It's been three months, and their word of mouth and profit margins only get worse by the week.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/16/23  Jul 19 2023, 03:25:58 PM

I'm stunned that both New York, New York and Once Upon a One More Time haven't announced closing dates. There's no way they're making money, no way there's enough advance to suggest grosses will improve, and neither are good enough shows to fill their massive theatres at the average ticket they need to turn a profit.

There's a lot of talk about Chicago this week. My personal distaste for the show aside, I'd imagine the Shuberts now

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/21/23  May 24 2023, 08:53:03 AM

Adding insult to injury for Bad Cinderella: even with a closing notice posted, they still have the lowest average ticket price. There's is at $50.28 - even the second lowest Grey House is a whole $15 more per person. Yikes.

PRIMA FACIE Rush/Lottery  May 23 2023, 11:31:25 AM

So I tried three times last week for the rush line, and here's what I learned:

They only guarantee 10 rush tickets per show. There's often more, but only 10 are actually set aside for the day-of rush line. They are in row H of the rear mezzanine to house left/stage right - literally the last row.

As for when to arrive, you need to be in line at minimum 3 hours before the box office opens to get a ticket. Ideally you should be there 4 hours early.

My first attempt

Shucked - Rush, Lotto Experiences  May 21 2023, 12:10:30 AM

Tried to rush today on a two-show day, and this one is getting tough! We didn't make the cut.

My wife and I showed up at 8:30am Saturday for a 10am opening, hoping for rush seats to either show. When we arrived, we were already #16 in line - and it was raining! They only had 8 rush tickets per show, for 16 in total, so they ran out way before we got to the front of the line.

Needless to say, Shucked is starting to get popular enough that if you want a rush ticket, y

NEW YORK, NEW YORK Rush  May 21 2023, 12:04:44 AM

Rushed today - very easy. Arrived at 9:45am for 2pm Sat matinee, was 14th in line. Everyone who came got tickets.

They were $30, and all rush seats are "partial view" - but we go Orchestra row A seats 2 and 4. They were not at all partial view - we saw 98% of the show. (Without spoiling, there was one song where a surprise set piece blocked our view of the singer, but that was only for 2 1/2 mins out of the 3 hour show.)

Easy one to rush, even on weekends.

Life of Pi RUSH  May 20 2023, 12:17:29 AM

Rushed today - and I was surprised to see there wasn't already a rush thread for this show.

But it's also easy to see why - it's almost always available no problem. Went to the box office at 12:00pm noon today for tonight's show, Friday the 19th. Tickets were $40 each, and we got Orchestra Left, row Q, seats 17 and 19.

The seats were full view - saw the whole show and the effects on stage and throughout the theatre. They give great seats for the play and you can

Kimberly Akimbo Rush  May 18 2023, 10:05:08 AM

Recent rush report: went to the Wed. May 17 matinee. Bought two tickets at 11am - there was tons available. We got mezz row B seats 9 and 11 for $40 each. Great view, great price, great show.

Box office says they rarely sell out of rush tickets anymore except sometimes on Saturday/Sunday. Otherwise there's no need to line up - go anytime and buy a great ticket.

LEOPOLDSDTADT Rush?  May 17 2023, 10:32:14 PM

An update today! My wife and I tried for rush tickets at multiple shows today, and we finally got two for the evening performance of Leopoldstadt tonight. Rush demand for this show has plummeted.

We got them at 11am for the 7pm show. No line. They were $35 each, and we got front row orchestra! Row A seats 1 and 3. Full view but seat 1 was definitely better than 3. At one point the actors were a foot or less in front of us.

Great show, great price, great seats. Highly re

SOME LIKE IT HOT - Rush  May 16 2023, 11:09:24 PM

So, six months late, but the rush is still happening and still very easy to get.

Got to the box office at 3pm today (Tuesday) and they offered us $40 tickets to balcony centre row J.

FTR: All $40 rush tickets are now in the balcony. They did, however, offer us $65 "rush" seats in row F/G of the mezzanine. We took these and the view was great.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/14/23  May 16 2023, 02:28:29 PM

There's lots of good news in these numbers for some of the new musicals this week, like Kimberly Akimbo, Some Like it Hot, and Shucked (ESPECIALLY Shucked.)

There's a notable rise in their capacity, number of tickets sold, average ticket price and total gross this week. On all those numbers, Shucked is up between 7-13% on all of them just this week. That's great for all of them.

New York New York Rush  May 15 2023, 12:35:40 PM

There's already a thread: https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1156303

Walking Out at Intermission - The Thread  May 15 2023, 12:34:19 PM

I've never done it on Broadway, but the closest I've come was 2017's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, still by far the worst production I've ever seen. The songs were awful, the supporting was awful, and the fact they changed the story so most of the children were killed on stage (including watching a young character get dismembered limb from limb by giant dancing squirrels?!) was appalling. At the end I wish I'd left earlier.

On another note, I've le

A good season for Toronto Mirvish Theatre.  May 9 2023, 03:41:36 PM

William12 said: "SIX is going to be a Canadian sitdown, and I could see it doing well here. It sounds like SIX has the Royal Alex for around a year."

Well...nope. They've announced the dates and it's September 23 to December 17, 2023. While not listed on the National Tour website...that's too short a time for this to be a local production.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/7/23  May 9 2023, 03:30:19 PM

HOW is Bad Cinderella still running?

These numbers were bad, now worse, and trending to terrible. There's no way this is making any money. Worse still...what hope are these producers holding on to that sales are going to improve?

1. They slid 11.4% in attendance in one week? And now they're playing to just above 50% capacity.

2. The average ticket price is a mere $53?! That's disappointing for any show - let alone a musical. (And a high-budget, "

A good season for Toronto Mirvish Theatre.  Apr 28 2023, 01:35:30 PM

Bettyboy72 said: "Now it feels the Mirvish seasons are just a patchwork of a few tours later in the run and a few odd niche plays that no one is really interested in."

100% agree, and yes. This upcoming year, Mirvish is actually bringing BACK two tours (Les Mis and Aladdin) that already played here 10 years ago. They've never done this before, and the fact two of the seven subscription shows are what are normally "bonus" shows is cheap

NEW YORK, NEW YORK Rush  Apr 27 2023, 01:52:56 PM

Starting the rush tickets thread! Day-of seats are only $30 from the box office. 

Has anyone done rush seats yet? When did you line up? Where were your tickets?

Other threads have said most of these seats are partial view orchestra.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You