News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sking

Member Name: sking
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Billy FANatic

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/26/14
 Feb 10 2014, 08:28:56 PM
Yes I'm late to notice this but BOM finally fails to sellout(28 seats lol) and no one starts a is it fading topic? I'm kidding of course but it is I believe the first time it ever had even a tiny dip.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/29/13
 Dec 31 2013, 01:07:21 AM
I'm more impressed with BOM average of 245$ per ticket...THAT has got to be a record!!!
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/3/13
 Nov 4 2013, 03:32:08 PM
Are we missing something...has the weekly nut of Spiderman been vastly reduced or do they have bottomless pockets because it's looking like it'll never go over 1 million except for holidays...maybe. Billy Elliot closed with these numbers and it supposedly had lower costs.
Earthquake
 Aug 23 2011, 05:17:48 PM
Sorry but the West Coast stagings are WAY more earthmoving, plus we don't have to wait as long for revivals .
Billy Elliot Cast
 Jun 4 2011, 04:40:24 AM
And then Alex hurt himself fairly quickly...stuff happens and throws off well laid plans pretty quickly.And in Kirils case those 5 shows trashed his singing voice...no way they'd have him do that on his last week unless there was no other choice. Yes you can fly in a Billy but there ARE differences in the shows so it takes about 2 weeks to get them up to speed, it's been done but if your down to 1 Billy you need to take even more drastic measures ie pull a Billy out of retirement or use a new Bi
Longest running performances in a broadway show?
 Jun 4 2011, 04:14:58 AM
What are the longest for a lead role? And originating?
Billy Elliot Cast
 Jun 1 2011, 11:25:46 PM
Very educated guess...most you'll get is that the Friday Billy likely won't be there...and even that's only about 99% sure...unless they get down to one Billy(it's happened) nothing is for sure, ie Jacob announced date just went from June 5 to July 3. I love how they just changed the dates in the old articles(who goes back to reread those). Some people are going to be wu roses on June 5 I think lol.
Book of Mormon HuFFington Post article
 Apr 7 2011, 12:46:50 AM
Let's see making fun of Jews and or gays...Monty python? Mel Brooks?it's been done and liked as long as it wasn't mean spirited. Off the top of my head I can't come up with a Muslim example though...that part of the argument I agree with, you get way fewer death threats from Jews gays and Christians(latly) then Muslims, so it does improve the chances of getting your work seen.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/20
 Feb 22 2011, 03:56:20 PM
If The costs really that high they will never make it back...at nest it'll fade in a year anyway, but who the hell are paying 104$ average right now, I'd love too see how bad it is but not at that price...not even half.and that seems to be the only logical reason for going.
Billy Elliot being sued for $4 million by injured theatre goers
 Feb 16 2011, 02:34:37 AM
Yes they have the right to sue. Yes they have the right to get medical and other damages...but 4 MILLION? That had better be a UGLY scar and the one with the concussion better still be having headachs...seriously.May I remind the people supporting the litigants all the info we have is from their lawyer and they would NEVER slant the story in their favor would they? lol
Obviously settelment talks didnt go well for them and with spiderman news they thought that now was the time to play hardbal

Actor injured in Spiderman tonight
 Dec 22 2010, 01:20:40 AM
From what I've read this wasnt even a stunt...only a restraint harness. NO excuse for that to give way.Do they have so many wire parts of the show they are getting sloppy from too much to check??? You damn well triple check those things daily.Billy Elliot has had 4000+ performances world wide and the wire's never given way(got stuck yes)so for this to happen at start of Spidermans run is either VERY unlucky or criminal, accident is too light of a term!
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
 Aug 4 2010, 05:35:47 AM
Id still like too know how Lion King turned into Wicked, $122 average per ticket??? Guess families really HAVE recovered from the economic turndown!!
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
 Jul 21 2010, 08:29:17 PM
Actually meant BE went over 1 million in audience on Broadway since opening(its closing in on 5 million worldwide I think)...just thought it was worthy of a press release or something, but they didnt do that for going over $100 million in grosses, I noticed Wicked sure announced that in London last month. Who knows...maybe they dont count no shows for such things and itll happen in a couple weeks(I think Im reaching there).
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
 Jul 19 2010, 04:21:49 PM
Humm...PR for some shows seem random...why in the world would Billy not at least put out a press release that it went over 1 million audience members last week, seems like free PR to me.London marks these kind of events...Broadway seems not to care.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/11
 Jul 15 2010, 02:11:17 AM
Not even Billy came that close to Wicked last year...what IS going with Lion King, did they raise the prices THAT much?
David Bologna returns to Billy
 May 22 2010, 04:06:58 AM
http://www.kxan.com/dpp/entertainment/young-austinite-headed-back-to-broadway

Wow...didnt see that coming, nice summer job.

The New Billy Elliot Love Thread
 Feb 23 2010, 04:40:43 PM
WE dont know...I've stopped assuming anything with this show casting wise, I do hope Alex is back soon. But now that the last original Billy is leaving when do the "So when will Billy close" posts start? lol
re: Best contrapuntal moments in a show (or movie, or ANYTHING)
 Feb 18 2010, 05:50:11 AM
Near end of"Solidarity" in Billy Elliot...best musical part by far in the production.
Philip Whitchurch Joins BILLY ELLIOT as Dad Thru May; Jbara Takes Leave of Absence
 Jan 20 2010, 04:47:00 PM
I love Greg to death but Broadway is in for one hell of a treat in Phil!!

BILLY ELLIOT Recoups $18 Million Investment
 Jan 14 2010, 01:21:48 AM
overall grosses minus 18 million equals total cost of running show since opening divide by number of weeks equals weekly costs. Ok its not what is really defined as the weekly nut but it IS the average costs counting royalties etc etc and at least just over that period of time perfectly accurate as too whats payed out too everyone but the original investors. Yes figuring it this way is variable week to week but since opening as an AVERAGE its accurate. If Im wrong feel free to tell me I certainl
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You