pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/20

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/20

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/20
Posted: 2/22/11 at 2:00pm

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/20 Click below to access all the grosses from all the shows for the week ending 2/20/2011 in BroadwayWorld.com's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/grosses.cfm

fingerlakessinger Profile Photo
fingerlakessinger
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/20
Posted: 2/22/11 at 2:02pm

wow, Lion King being the top grossing show...was not expecting that haha, can someone explain this to me though, I SUCK at finances, I'm guessing it's because they have a higher average ticket price? Cuz WICKED had more audience % but LK had a average ticket price higher?

Meanwhile, Spidey is still dropping in terms of ticket price and audience %

"Life in theater is give and take...but you need to be ready to give more then you take..."
Updated On: 2/22/11 at 02:02 PM

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/20
Posted: 2/22/11 at 2:16pm

Memphis has to be somewhat close to recouping right??

perfectliar
#3Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/20
Posted: 2/22/11 at 3:02pm

fingerlake - Gross % Potential is the important one to look at. Lion King had a higher average ticket price than Wicked and was at 100% gross potential; Wicked may have sold more seats but its gross potential was at 97%.

And even though Spider-Man's audience % may have fallen, if it's true that its weekly nut is $1 million then it's still pulling in a decent profit every week. And its grosses went up nearly $150K this week, so I don't know why you would bother even pointing that out...

But nice to see nearly everything up (with the exception of La Cage).

fingerlakessinger Profile Photo
fingerlakessinger
#4Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/20
Posted: 2/22/11 at 3:04pm

Thank you for explaining that :)

However, I believe at this point the nut for Spidey is $1.3 million. At least that's what reports are saying

"Life in theater is give and take...but you need to be ready to give more then you take..."

sking
#5Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/20
Posted: 2/22/11 at 3:56pm

If The costs really that high they will never make it back...at nest it'll fade in a year anyway, but who the hell are paying 104$ average right now, I'd love too see how bad it is but not at that price...not even half.and that seems to be the only logical reason for going.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#6Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/20
Posted: 2/22/11 at 3:57pm

Glad to see Lion King topping Wicked this week instead of Spiderman.

Will La Cage last much longer?? Will Fierstein & Tambor bring in people?? Did both only sign a 12-week contract(through May Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/20??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#7Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/20
Posted: 2/22/11 at 4:30pm

I can't imagine La Cage would last much past the TONYS.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#8Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/20
Posted: 2/22/11 at 4:34pm

Fierstein is only a 12-week engagement. I presume if he and the show remain popular post-Grammer/Hodge, he would probably extend.

It's only been a week...

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Brick
#9Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/20
Posted: 2/22/11 at 8:25pm

Wow, look at those numbers fro AMERICAN IDIOT.

Videos