pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
Posted: 7/19/10 at 3:46pm

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18 Click below to access all the grosses from all the shows for the week ending 7/18/2010 in BroadwayWorld.com's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/grosses.cfm

MeggilyWeggily08 Profile Photo
MeggilyWeggily08
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
Posted: 7/19/10 at 3:52pm

I was expecting a higher jump in Next To Normal's capacity - considering that I had friends go Thursday-Sunday matinee and reported that the theatre was PACKED.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
Posted: 7/19/10 at 3:57pm

Clearly, Cathy & Angie are bigger stars than Bernie & Lainie.

And how much longer can Million $ Foursome go on like this?

rmusic11322
#3Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
Posted: 7/19/10 at 3:57pm

I guess Come Fly Away is going to close after the summer.

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#4Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
Posted: 7/19/10 at 4:01pm

Good for MEMPHIS... their best week yet and getting close to the $1M club. Best Musical losers, however, not doing so well (MDQ and FELA keep going down in gross).

"Movies will make you famous; television will make you rich; but theatre will make you good." - Terrence Mann.

moljul Profile Photo
moljul
#5Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
Posted: 7/19/10 at 4:06pm

Oh I think it might be a bit unfair to compare Catherine and Angela's last week in ALNM when everyone was clamouring to see them before they left to Bernadette and Elaine's first week when they are just settling in (even though it's not officially previews, I'm sure a lot of people are waiting to hear how they settle into the roles before they go to see them). I expect after the reviews go out the numbers will climb. Of course they are also dealing with the fact that the show has been running for 6 months. While some will go now because they haven't seen it or want to see the new stars there will also be others who have seen the show and don't necessarily want to see it again. The first cast will always benefit from those first timers who will see it only once no matter who is in it. So it will be interesting to see where the numbers go in the next couple of weeks.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#6Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
Posted: 7/19/10 at 4:16pm

A pretty much good week all around.

sking
#7Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
Posted: 7/19/10 at 4:21pm

Humm...PR for some shows seem random...why in the world would Billy not at least put out a press release that it went over 1 million audience members last week, seems like free PR to me.London marks these kind of events...Broadway seems not to care.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#8Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
Posted: 7/19/10 at 5:10pm

They are defintely going to rip the wings off COME FLY AWAY very soon. (LOOK I MADE A FUNNY!)

I still fear for AMERICAN IDIOT like always and I'm not sure if it will last long enough for me to find good tix.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#9Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
Posted: 7/19/10 at 5:13pm

I can't understand why Come Fly Away has an average ticket price of more than $90. They are wishing the show dead by not offering discounts at this point.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#10Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
Posted: 7/19/10 at 5:21pm

Profit or not, it'll be gone to make the Marquis availbile to Sister Act or Priscilla.

A show like this shouldn't be in a theatre that big anyway...think Burn The Floor

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#11Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
Posted: 7/19/10 at 6:31pm

Wow... Lion King almost matches Wicked again.

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#12Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
Posted: 7/19/10 at 8:06pm

sking- I assume you mean BE went over $1 million, not 1 million people (which is impossible)

Also, a show grossing over $1 million is hardly news worthy, unless it's something at the Helen Hayes.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#13Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
Posted: 7/19/10 at 8:09pm

I am surprised that the producers of Race haven't pulled the plug on the extendsion. It is nowhere near making it's nut, for the last weeks.

PReeves2 Profile Photo
PReeves2
#14Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
Posted: 7/19/10 at 9:54pm

I think he meant over 1 million people have now seen the show world wide. Kinda like the Les Miz(or is it Mamma Mia) ad a few years ago.

zamedy
#15Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
Posted: 7/19/10 at 9:55pm

LION KING... PLEASE PLEASE overtake WICKED one of these weeks! You have some SO close this month. PLEASE! It would bring so much joy to me and others to see WICKED nocked off its perch for once.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#16Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
Posted: 7/19/10 at 9:58pm

Let's see 2 sh*tty shows fighting over the top spot... I rather see Wicked remain there. It was far better than the Lion King.

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#17Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
Posted: 7/19/10 at 10:08pm

Ah, gotcha PR.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#18Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
Posted: 7/19/10 at 11:27pm

I, too, am hoping Lion King passes Wicked in grosses. It's been coming so close these past couple weeks.

LOVE the numbers for La Cage, Memphis, Addams, American Idiot.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#19Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
Posted: 7/20/10 at 8:39am

"LION KING... PLEASE PLEASE overtake WICKED one of these weeks! You have some SO close this month. PLEASE! It would bring so much joy to me and others to see WICKED nocked off its perch for once."

"I, too, am hoping Lion King passes Wicked in grosses. It's been coming so close these past couple weeks."

Not to be mean, but who cares what show surpasses another show in terms of grosses? It's about Broadway as a whole making money, not about shows competing against each other for the highest weekly gross. Not to mention you're talking about Lion King and Wicked, two of the hottest tickets that are not going anywhere anytime soon, so does it really make a difference who is in the top spot between those two?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

sking
#20Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
Posted: 7/21/10 at 8:29pm

Actually meant BE went over 1 million in audience on Broadway since opening(its closing in on 5 million worldwide I think)...just thought it was worthy of a press release or something, but they didnt do that for going over $100 million in grosses, I noticed Wicked sure announced that in London last month. Who knows...maybe they dont count no shows for such things and itll happen in a couple weeks(I think Im reaching there).

castlestreet Profile Photo
castlestreet
#21Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/18
Posted: 7/21/10 at 8:35pm

There are 2 or 3 shows I can see posting a Post-Labor Day closing notice within the next couple of weeks- if I remember correctly it was either this week or the last week in July last summer when the producers of 9 to 5 decided to make it official. Of course Riedel had to steal their thunder by posting it in his column that morning.

Videos