pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/2/10 at 3:27pm

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1 Click below to access all the grosses from all the shows for the week ending 8/1/2010 in BroadwayWorld.com's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/grosses.cfm

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/2/10 at 3:31pm

ALNM really needs to get that gross up.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#2Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/2/10 at 3:39pm

NIGHT MUSIC's attendance keeps going up - almost 90% while its grosses keep going down - which probably means they jumped the gun with discount codes - hopefully the new reviews result in more full price ticket buyers!

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#3Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/2/10 at 3:40pm

The marketing for ALNM needs to be in full swing, and I have not seen or heard any kind of advertising. They need a radio, tv ad and they need to put out flyers and put someone in Times Square promoting the show.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#4Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/2/10 at 3:41pm

I'm sure they will make a new TV commercial now that they have press quotes.

NIGHT MUSIC's attendance keeps going up - almost 90%

Could that have something to do with comps for the press last week?

CockeyedOptimist2 Profile Photo
CockeyedOptimist2
#5Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/2/10 at 3:41pm

They are also selling seats as student rush instead of just Standing Room. I would imagine that they're losing around $100 on each of these seats. Don't know how much of a dent that would make, but it seems that there are quite a few students who are getting tickets to the show.

wishiwerehere2
#6Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/2/10 at 3:42pm

N2N has the lowest average ticket price. Worrying.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#7Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/2/10 at 3:44pm

^ WHY? It is making well over it's nut. It's in the low 200k.

Michael Bennett
#8Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/2/10 at 3:47pm

There are definitely a lot of print billboards in Times Square now advertising NIGHT MUSIC though frankly, I think production photos of the two leads in costume would be more appealing than the contemporary face pictures they have been using. Obvioiusly, this ad campaign was begun before production shots were available, and I doube the producers are going to spring to replace whats already in place, but audiences really have no way of knowing what the feel of NIGHT MUSIC is from the current poster.

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#9Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/2/10 at 3:48pm

I can't wait for Million Dollar Craptet to close its doors.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#10Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/2/10 at 3:49pm

^ They replaced CZJ and Angela's headshots on all advertising once they had costume shots. But they might not have the money to do that this time around. I really hope they at least get a TV commercial out there.

Michael Bennett
#11Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/2/10 at 3:53pm

I think garnering footage for a commercial was the prime objective in the filmed segments we've seen of NIGHT MUSIC on the internet.

moljul Profile Photo
moljul
#12Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/2/10 at 9:30pm

I think it was the week before the July 13th reopening, I heard a radio commercial for ALNM. The copy was really excellent, goose-bump inducing. I maybe heard it another time and then never again and I don't believe ever after July 13th. Very strange.

How long does it take to get a tv commercial together? Clearly the footage is ready. Just wondering when we could expect it to start running.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#13Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/2/10 at 9:35pm

I don't understand the In The Heights closing rumors. It's doing fine.

BroadwayBound17 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound17
#14Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/2/10 at 9:38pm

I'm ready for Million Dollar Quartet to close too. The North American Tour, please do NOT come near me. Mk, thanks. :p

2011: In The Heights Tour 1/16/11, The Color Purple Tour 2/11/11, West Side Story Tour 3/18/11

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#15Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/2/10 at 9:51pm

Why, will it forcibly pull you into the theatre like a magnet if it does?

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

Barney Stinson
#16Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/2/10 at 10:07pm

"WHY? It is making well over it's nut. It's in the low 200k."

Yeah, and it's pulling $275K in July/August. Even if the nut is $225 (I'd figure it has to be at least $250, but whatever), that still may be too high come the fall.

Not surprising it's dropping off with Ripley though.
She pretty much was N2N.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#17Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/2/10 at 10:14pm

Oh please. I think we have decided that most people that went into the theater, did not go in to just see Alice.

sweetchocolatechip Profile Photo
sweetchocolatechip
#18Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/2/10 at 10:15pm

Glad its up this week! I dont get the rumors either. Saw the show last night and ended winning the lottery. Took my cousin who's never seen a broadway show. It was great. I had to see Chris Jackson before he leaves! :O)

"Be the change you wish to see in the World"~~Ghandi "If music be the food of love, play on." -- William Shakespeare---

Barney Stinson
#19Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/2/10 at 10:28pm

WE haven't decided anything. Especially 2 weeks into the new cast. But considering that those two weeks were 2 of the 10 lowest grossing all year (actually 2 of the ten lowest grossing in over a year)- and it was July, it looks to me like maybe the audience has decided they were in fact there to see Alice.

Not sure why that would upset you. Alice was a force in the show, of course it's gonna lose some audience when she left.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#20Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/2/10 at 10:39pm

Because this was discussed about the effect of N2N when she left. We, as more than 1 people here on BWW, that it wouldnt affect the shows gross.

Anyway, why don't you look at the past grosses? Nothing much has changed in the numbers.

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#21Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/2/10 at 10:45pm

^Does two people make a majority opinion here now?

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#22Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/2/10 at 11:03pm

No, there were more than 2 people, you shmuck. Some people were saying that it would affect the grosses, but nothing much has changed.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#23Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/3/10 at 1:25am

KILL. RACE. ALREADY. (MDQ too...)

After today's shockwave of closing rumors for AMERICAN IDIOT...I need to get my tickets NOW. I don't see how/why it would close. The capacity remains in the 70th percentile (with a theatre like the St. James, I don't expect much more). And I presume that $800,000+ is well over the nut.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

sking
#24Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/1
Posted: 8/4/10 at 5:35am

Id still like too know how Lion King turned into Wicked, $122 average per ticket??? Guess families really HAVE recovered from the economic turndown!!