News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Lea

Lea Profile Photo
Member Name: Lea
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Happy Birthday Messages to ROA's Constantine Maroulis
 Sep 17 2009, 02:01:59 PM
Hey I want to wish Constantine a very Happy Birthday this day of Sept 17th. Constantine I hope your birthday is fantastic and hope all your dreams come true.
re: Chicago passes Rent in performances
 Mar 25 2009, 07:17:36 PM
First of all I have never seen Rent. Not even once. It reminds me too much of grunge. I did see Chicago last Jan when I was in NYC, Cause John Schneider was in the lead role. And since I have always liked him, I brought the good seats and saw the play. It was good, the time period was a hard to get into. Not much into the 1930's Ganster ERA. The dancers were good.
re: Don't Stop Believin' - The BROADWAY 'Rock of Ages' Love Thread
 Mar 25 2009, 07:02:48 PM
Lizzy you better be there for the testimonals. I was hoping they would up date that. I plan to come back to see it, but it will have to wait after my trip to Florida next month.
Lea

Mar 25 2009, 02:21:24 PM
It is good to see this thread again. I am hoping to get back out there soon to see it. well read everyone's reviews.
re: Usual tony prices?
 Mar 25 2009, 12:21:57 AM
Coolkid, I won't pay any attention to them. But from what I am reading in here. the seats are rather pricey. But I can understand why you would like to attend. It does look like it would be a lot of fun.
re: Notabb @ ROCK OF AGES
 Mar 24 2009, 07:26:19 PM
yes nice interview. Hey Charleston, I wonder what happened to you. Was kinda missing you when I checked the boards this morning. LOL
re: Usual tony prices?
 Mar 23 2009, 11:53:19 PM
How does one get to be a seat filler? at this point, I'll be watching it on tv.
re: Best Actor in a Play 2009 - Who is Eligible?
 Mar 19 2009, 08:33:48 PM
Corrections any new play or musical that is released on a broadway stage by April 30th. And best Actor is any actor that orginates a role on Broadway. See Rock of Ages can be nominated for best Musical,or best musical comedy. Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Set, Best Playwright, Best Director, Best Supporting Actor and Actoress. Yes it qualifies for all that.
If Mamma Mia, 9 to 5, etc, etc could be nominated, so can this.
Lea

re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
 Mar 19 2009, 08:23:58 PM
I don't know if they really mean be professional. I think it is more like be respectful when you post. Understand that not everyone shares your opinion.
Lea

re: Best Actor in a Play 2009 - Who is Eligible?
 Mar 19 2009, 12:02:59 PM
Hey since Constantine orgininated the role of Rock of Ages. Both Off and On Broadway, he is Eligible. Which I am excited about. Yes I like him, And I am not afraid to express it!
re: Official Tony Award 2009 Predictions Thread
 Mar 19 2009, 11:55:41 AM
Hey as long as Rock of Ages gets best Musical and Constantine Maroulis gets best Actor, I'll be happy. Heck I'll be tickled if he or ROA gets nominated.
Lea

re: Wow... That Was Fast ! Amy Spanger Out Tnite...
 Mar 18 2009, 10:58:46 PM
I thought Wed was a dark day anyhow?
re: ROCK OF AGES First Preview Thoughts
 Mar 18 2009, 04:05:51 PM
what is a top drink. But honestly drinking is an option. and you don't notice the waitresses in there, unless you are looking to buy a drink. And then they are still hard to find, lol But if you want a play were you can relax and have a good time. And like Heavy Metal and Hard Rock. this is would be the idea Musical. But it isn't for everyone.
re: ROCK OF AGES First Preview Thoughts
 Mar 18 2009, 11:50:56 AM
But you act like a fuddy-Duddy. What kind of music do you like anyhow? But in a nut shell, Rock of Ages, is an interactive musical that is set up like an 80's Rock Concert. That is why at least when it was on off Broadway, they handed you these lcd soft lighters, so you can hold them up during certain songs.
The musical is supposed to be fun, light hearted.
Lea

re: Rock of Ages ticket lotto
 Mar 17 2009, 12:06:46 AM
click on the link above you. Tells you when you should sign up for the ticket lotto.

HA!
 Mar 7 2009, 09:49:31 PM
But you have never seen this show and yes it has gotten excellent Reviews from all over when it was on Off-Broadway. Why do you think, it was moved to Broadway? See it at least once, then give your opinion.
 Feb 28 2009, 08:55:35 PM
The Broadway cast is a little different, from the off-broadway cast. The guy that played Stacii Jaxx on off Broadway Will Swenson, is in Hair now. And Kelli the original Sherri did not transfer over from off Broadway. Why? I have no clue.
And why do we want to see it over and over. It is a fun musical especially if you like or grew up in that scene. It brings back good memories. And did I mention the best thing of all Constantine plays the lead charcter in it.

re: ROA Drinking...
 Feb 19 2009, 01:37:42 AM
The Charleston, I think I understand what you are getting at. Now I wasn't at this certain Performance, but I remember hearing something about there was 40 a group of Women, in the first two rows, that were so loud and obnoxious, because they were so drunk, that not only did they upset the rest of the audience, but they up set the cast, because they were being drowned out by these women. perhaps maybe there should be a way to enforce a drink limit per person in there, especially if you are drink
re: ROA Drinking...
 Feb 19 2009, 01:15:15 AM
Lets put this as diplamatic as possible. Not everyone is going to like the same type of Broadway Play. And not everyone is going to want drink during the show. I saw this show three times at NWS. the first time I saw it, I got the glass with the 2 beers for $5. Which I had both beers at that same show. I'll never do that again. And it wasn't because I got drunk. I can hold my liquior. But it was because I had to use the ladiesroom even before it got the intermission. Any I don't like having to m
 Feb 18 2009, 12:51:27 AM
That is good about the Band transfering over. Just waiting for them to announce the rest of the cast.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You