News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for provocation

provocation Profile Photo
Member Name: provocation
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Politically incorrect. Big mouth. Obsessive.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jay Records to Release Songs from Ragtime Revival  Sep 6 2011, 06:13:51 PM
Ugh. All I want is a recording of Stephanie Umoh's "Your Daddy's Son" that isn't a bootleg.
What is a  Sep 6 2011, 06:12:51 PM
Absalon, did you watch the video? Parker explains the entire thing, in great detail.
Les Miserables Movie-Eponine Announced?  Sep 5 2011, 05:36:37 PM
She sounds wonderful!
Will Willemijn Verkaik as Elphaba on Broadway  Sep 3 2011, 09:55:12 PM
She's freaking incredible. I would fly to NY in a heartbeat to see this woman play Elphaba. Love her!
Toxic Avenger coming to Broadway?  Sep 3 2011, 09:50:29 PM
YES! This show has a such a wonderful score. And they better bring Diana DeGarmo back!
BWW: Please Fix The Mobile Version Of The Site  Aug 23 2011, 09:19:21 PM
I would like to add my vote for an update on the app. I have a Droid and am not able to hit a back button. I have to flip the phone sideways or exit out of it to get back to the front page/another post.

Also, when clicking on links, it jumps to another link that I didn't choose. Please, update the app?

Wicked gets  Aug 23 2011, 09:14:56 PM
Dg, Teal has NOT been with the show since 2006--where did you hear this? She assumed a stand-by position in 2008 after Caissie took over in L.A.

And Wicked desperately needs some new meat. None of these girls are ballsy anymore--they are all terribly boring.

We need a Shoshana Bean clone back, ASAP.

Dream Next To Normal Cast  Aug 22 2011, 12:27:27 AM
Oh, I LOVE the ideas of both Heidi Blickenstaff or Pink playing Diana.

If we are going the latino route, I will take Sara Ramirez as Diana and Ariana Grande as Natalie. Please, and thank you.

What is everyone's thoughts on JRB's '13'?  Aug 21 2011, 12:24:11 AM
Wow. So much hate.

Having not seen the show myself, I will say that I love a lot of the score. "Becoming A Man" is a song I wish I was age appropriate for because I would totally use it at an audition. The story seems a little, well, bland, and some of the jokes are being termed as "offensive," but it really is a wonderful score.

Side note: Ariana Grande and Liz Gillies are two incredible talents that I enjoy watching on Nickelodeon. Why "Victorious" is starring Victoria Justi

That Awkward Moment when the Understudy is better  Aug 12 2011, 07:19:05 PM
All of Idina Menzel's understudies sang circles around her. Shoshana Bean stated on Seth's Broadway Chatterbox years ago that she felt the score was a breeze once she got all of the staging down. I wonder how her voice could handle the score now, though. Eden Espinosa tossed in her signature sass after a performance or two, and Kristy Cates was just effing phenomenal. What an incredible group of performers!

On a similar note, Megan Hilty was a much better G(a)linda than Chenoweth.

Understudy fetishism?  Aug 11 2011, 07:19:24 PM
I don't think anyone would be upset if he went on--he's gorgeous and has an incredible voice. If he does get to go on, the patrons better give him a chance because they are seeing a star in the making.

Did I mention he has an amazing body, too?

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Jul 27 2011, 11:56:33 PM
I find her incredibly boring and overrated. Am I alone on this?
Unpopular opinions you hold  Jul 26 2011, 05:38:41 PM
I absolutely HATE Shakespeare. I find his work to be entirely overrated and boring.

Despite this, I think BARE is an incredibly moving piece of theater despite it's trite Romeo and Juliet-type plot. In fact, it's a story that resonated with me intensely when I fell for my freshman roommate in college. I also feel that a lot of the issues Bare dares to tread upon are prevalent for many teenagers, not just gay ones--the inability to cope with difficult parents and school pressures, peer

Haven Burton in the Shrek Tour  Jul 12 2011, 09:53:04 PM
I'm seeing Shrek on Saturday in LA and I'm totally pumped. I've loved Haven Burton since her LB days and I'm trying to see if anyone knows whether or not she'll be in. I know there are unforeseen circumstances like illness but the anticipation is killing me.

Thanks!

Magdalene- NOT anti-Jewish... anti-CHRISTIAN!!!  Jul 3 2011, 12:00:41 AM
I didn't think it was possible but Ms. Phelps has managed to insult the Jews, the gays, and liberals in one fell swoop.
Hair - I didn't get it.  Jun 11 2011, 03:31:06 PM
To add to all of this, I read in an interview with one of the writers (not sure which one) that the show was meant to make you feel like you're on drugs. You're supposed to be slightly uncomfortable, perhaps paranoid, to feel like part of the tribe. Which is, oddly enough, my biggest complaint about the revival. I was never sure if we were part of the tribe as audience members or a third party simply watching them.

The revival was also very campy and served as a nostalgic, retrospec

Nicole Parker  Jun 6 2011, 02:48:44 AM
I am such a huge fan of hers! Incredibly talented and very underrated. She needs her own television show, asap. I've always thought Parker is a star and became one of the only reasons to watch MadTV towards the end of its run.
Dee Roscioli back to Wicked...  May 31 2011, 04:43:52 PM
Well, I'm glad she's working. She has a great voice and is a phenomenal actress. I would kill to see her in something new, though.
Michele, Benanti, O'Hara, and Parker in the running for FUNNY GIRL...  May 18 2011, 03:19:32 PM
Not that she'd do it, but I think the only person's voice that can even hold a candle to Barbra's is Shoshana Bean.Does she have the comedic chops? I'm not sure. But every time I see her perform, I can't stop watching her every move. This show needs a star like that.
Sneak Peek : SMASH  May 17 2011, 01:59:56 PM
Chicago, I completely agree.

I'm also super excited for McPhee! She's a fantastic singer and deserves more recognition. Hopefully, the director will bring out a better performance than we've seen from her. Sometimes I find her "acting" to be painful.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You