Dee Roscioli back to Wicked...

DefyGravity777
#1Dee Roscioli back to Wicked...
Posted: 5/31/11 at 4:30pm

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/151347-National-Tour-of-Wicked-Will-Welcome-a-New-Elphaba-June-7

Well she isn't new but is new to the 1NT. I am happy she is back.

Go ahead Nick(adamgreer)...get it out of your system and start calling her stupid names and posting stupid pictures of her.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

provocation Profile Photo
provocation
#2Dee Roscioli back to Wicked...
Posted: 5/31/11 at 4:43pm

Well, I'm glad she's working. She has a great voice and is a phenomenal actress. I would kill to see her in something new, though.

I know, right?

inick122492 Profile Photo
inick122492
#2Dee Roscioli back to Wicked...
Posted: 5/31/11 at 5:02pm

I think this is great! She can handle the role very well!

beautywickedlover
#3Dee Roscioli back to Wicked...
Posted: 5/31/11 at 5:08pm

I don't see anything wrong with this. The first national tour has not had a principle Elphaba recycled since Shoshana Bean played the role on tour for a three month engagement in 2006. Also, Dee has not been on tour since she played Grizabella in "Cats." Plus, my sister and her husband saw Dee during the final month of the Chicago production and they thought she was terrific.
Updated On: 5/31/11 at 05:08 PM

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#4Dee Roscioli back to Wicked...
Posted: 5/31/11 at 5:28pm

I quite liked Dee when I saw her; I'm happy for her.

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

DefyGravity777
#5Dee Roscioli back to Wicked...
Posted: 5/31/11 at 5:34pm

I saw Dee in Chicago and on Broadway(9x in all). Will be seeing her in Hartford,CT instead of DC(way too expensive there and not many seats left(only premium))

Updated On: 5/31/11 at 05:34 PM

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#6Dee Roscioli back to Wicked...
Posted: 5/31/11 at 5:56pm

Not a fan, but good for her. Maybe this means Jackie Burns will be replacing Teal Wicks in August?
Updated On: 5/31/11 at 05:56 PM

Actor2
#7Dee Roscioli back to Wicked...
Posted: 5/31/11 at 7:09pm

Jackie is on the 2nd National Tour, but she is leaving this summer before August.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#8Dee Roscioli back to Wicked...
Posted: 5/31/11 at 7:13pm

Actor2,

Jackie is on the FIRST (1st) national tour. Anne Brummel is the SECOND (2nd) nation tour's Elphaba.

DefyGravity777
#9Dee Roscioli back to Wicked...
Posted: 5/31/11 at 7:25pm

"Jackie is on the 2nd National Tour, but she is leaving this summer before August."

What are you talking about? Did you even bother to read the link I put in the first post? Jackie is on the 1NT and leaves on June 5th.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#10Dee Roscioli back to Wicked...
Posted: 5/31/11 at 7:27pm

Jackie and Carmen Cusack are the best Elfies I have ever seen. They seen to take exceptional care of their voices and do not miss many shows.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Nick Profile Photo
Nick
#11Dee Roscioli back to Wicked...
Posted: 5/31/11 at 7:29pm

She's not my absolute favorite, but I'm glad to hear this! I had the pleasure of seeing her in December 2009 and she's really nice in person. Break legs, Dee!

fingerlakessinger Profile Photo
fingerlakessinger
#12Dee Roscioli back to Wicked...
Posted: 5/31/11 at 9:37pm

I like her. Kinda wanted a fresh face but like other said, the first tour is good at keeping it new and stuff so a experienced Elphaba wont be bad

"Life in theater is give and take...but you need to be ready to give more then you take..."

suttonfoster Profile Photo
suttonfoster
#13Dee Roscioli back to Wicked...
Posted: 5/31/11 at 11:10pm

YES, GREAT! Dee has one the strongest voices in the role. I'm happy she's getting work but agree with the previous post, I would LOVE to see her in something new

Actor2
#14Dee Roscioli back to Wicked...
Posted: 6/1/11 at 12:53am

Oops. My apologies. She's a family friend, and I hadn't checked the link. I guess I had misinformation.

DefyGravity777
#15Dee Roscioli back to Wicked...
Posted: 6/1/11 at 4:04pm

"Oops. My apologies. She's a family friend, and I hadn't checked the link. I guess I had misinformation."

If she was a family friend you should know that she is on the 1NT(I'm guessing you are talking about Jackie)

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#16Dee Roscioli back to Wicked...
Posted: 6/1/11 at 4:20pm

Guess that's who I'll be seeing when the tour hits DC later this month. I was looking forward to seeing Jackie Burns (after hearing so many wonderful things about her).

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

HistoryBoy2 Profile Photo
HistoryBoy2
#17Dee Roscioli back to Wicked...
Posted: 6/1/11 at 5:03pm

I'm deafened by the sound of ****s not being given up and down the country.

Actor2
#18Dee Roscioli back to Wicked...
Posted: 6/1/11 at 5:21pm

If she was a family friend you should know that she is on the 1NT(I'm guessing you are talking about Jackie)

You guess correctly. And yes, I should know that. But like I said and previously apologized for, I had misinformation.