pixeltracker

BWW: Please Fix The Mobile Version Of The Site

BWW: Please Fix The Mobile Version Of The Site

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1BWW: Please Fix The Mobile Version Of The Site
Posted: 3/20/11 at 11:21am

I figured it would have been fixed by now but when I click a thread on the main board on my iPhone, I'm taken away from the mobile version and to the regular view of the page which takes forever to load and is a lot harder to navigate. The Off Topic board was like that for a day early last week but then was fixed.

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#2BWW: Please Fix The Mobile Version Of The Site
Posted: 3/20/11 at 11:25am

Fixed, thanks for the heads up.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2BWW: Please Fix The Mobile Version Of The Site
Posted: 3/20/11 at 11:26am

Thanks!!! :)

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#3BWW: Please Fix The Mobile Version Of The Site
Posted: 3/20/11 at 2:32pm

The iPhone app has not been working well either. The homescreen icon is very pixelated (at least for me) and if you accidentally click on braodway blogs there is no way to navigate back to the home page and you are stuck. When trying to type on a thread, the page keeps reloading. any help is appreciated!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

ghostlight2
#4BWW: Please Fix The Mobile Version Of The Site
Posted: 3/20/11 at 2:46pm

Maybe it's solely an iPhone issue. I've never had any trouble on my blackberry.

bwayphreak234
#5BWW: Please Fix The Mobile Version Of The Site
Posted: 3/20/11 at 3:01pm

I had a Blackberry and the BWW app was wonderful. So easy to use and navigate. I then got a Droid and the app was AWFUL. It's not much better for the iPhone. The app definitely works best on the Blackberry though.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#6BWW: Please Fix The Mobile Version Of The Site
Posted: 3/20/11 at 3:47pm

I just tried downloading the app to my Droid and it still has the same problem of sending me back to the home page when I rotate my phone.

So, I guess I just won't bother until that's fixed.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

thejcm Profile Photo
thejcm
#7BWW: Please Fix The Mobile Version Of The Site
Posted: 3/20/11 at 4:11pm

I had to delete the app from my Android phone, if I opened a thread and then tried to go back to the main page, it would open my browser instead and display the page that way.

"Who says you can't bend over backwards and eat bugs if you want to? I guess the bugs would probably say you can't do that that, but assuming that they are willing and consenting bugs, then there's no problem. Let's wig out eating bugs." -RuPaul

bwayphreak234
#8BWW: Please Fix The Mobile Version Of The Site
Posted: 3/20/11 at 4:24pm

That was the most annoying thing on the Droid. If you rotated your phone or accidentally tilted it to landscap it would completely reload. It drove me crazy.

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#9BWW: Please Fix The Mobile Version Of The Site
Posted: 3/20/11 at 9:35pm

I was having an issue on the iphone where I would try logging in and then when I hit done, it would go back to the same screen to log in. I haven't tried in a while, but it kept frustrating me.

::bust a move::

AEA AGMA SM
#10BWW: Please Fix The Mobile Version Of The Site
Posted: 3/20/11 at 9:38pm

Also, on the iPhone App, on the message board I have no "back" button anymore. If you are reading a thread you have to either hit "return to the message board," which takes you to the full site version, or go back to the app home screen and then go back to the message board.

I've had the inability to log in issue in both the App and the mobile website for quite some time now.

provocation Profile Photo
provocation
#11BWW: Please Fix The Mobile Version Of The Site
Posted: 8/23/11 at 9:19pm

I would like to add my vote for an update on the app. I have a Droid and am not able to hit a back button. I have to flip the phone sideways or exit out of it to get back to the front page/another post.

Also, when clicking on links, it jumps to another link that I didn't choose. Please, update the app?

I know, right?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#12BWW: Please Fix The Mobile Version Of The Site
Posted: 8/23/11 at 11:18pm

heck...I've NEVER been able to sign in on the iPhone App.

NEVER.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

bwayphreak234
#13BWW: Please Fix The Mobile Version Of The Site
Posted: 8/23/11 at 11:54pm

^ you have to get to the message board ok the app that is the same view as the full site. So open the app, go to message board, select off topic at the top of the board, then once you are at off topic select main board. (for some reason you can only get the message board to launch in the main view by going to the off topic and selecting main board). Selecting main board should bring up the main message board how it appears on the site, but you are still in the app. From there just click "member login" in the upper left hand corner and login like normal. Just remember to select "remember login." After I did that I have always been able to post from my iPhone. Hope that process kind of makes sense!

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#14BWW: Please Fix The Mobile Version Of The Site
Posted: 8/24/11 at 9:30am

Just made some improvements here based on your comments... At the top and bottom of threads on the mobile board there are now 'back' buttons which will take you back one page.

You can now click back and forth from the Main to OT board w/o disappearing onto the full version of the site.

And we've made Mobile Login more prominent at the top of the board....

Any other issues - shout!

Videos