Michael Bennett
#2Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/16/11 at 10:34pm

Looks like Glee meets Melrose Place!

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#2Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/16/11 at 11:11pm

It's embarrassing how much of a target audience I am for this show. It looks so soapy and almost campy, but what can I say? I'm a sucker for Debra Messing, Broadway-related TV shows, etc. Sign me up. Disappointing that it won't premiere until midseason though.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#3Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/16/11 at 11:13pm

The show sounds promising, but I don't see a plot that services a long run.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#4Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/16/11 at 11:14pm

Seems like they could tell the whole story in about four episodes-

massofmen
#5Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/16/11 at 11:15pm

the same can be said for glee

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#6Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/16/11 at 11:24pm

Since I despise Glee, I am looking so forward to this. Hopefully, it is more adult oriented. The cast is incredible.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

ahhrealmonsters
#7Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/16/11 at 11:51pm

Debra Messing & Brian d'Arcy James. Count me in.

I hope this is good.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#8Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/16/11 at 11:53pm

I think this looks promising- though I don't see how it could be a long-running show. What happens when the show opens?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#9Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/17/11 at 12:34am

I am very excited for this. I think it needs to stop being compared to Glee though.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#10Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/17/11 at 12:39am

I hope that Hilty's character continues on after the pilot. I think the show looks promising but I we'll see.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#11Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/17/11 at 12:47am

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/16/debra-messing-on-smash-similar-to-glee-because-there-is-singing-but-thats-it/

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Idiot Profile Photo
Idiot
#12Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/17/11 at 2:53am

"What happens when the show opens?"

It doesn't have to... ask Spidey.

Wicked Fanatic Profile Photo
Wicked Fanatic
#13Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/17/11 at 3:53am

"I think this looks promising- though I don't see how it could be a long-running show. What happens when the show opens?"

This show will spotlight the creation of a show from conception to Opening Night with all the drama that goes into creating a Broadway show. Thus this season the show will feature a musical based on Marilyn Monroe as spotlighted in the video. The show runners have said that if the show is a success and gets renewed then the second season would feature an entirely new production. What that would mean for the cast is unknown but I like what I've seen from the video clips so far. That number spotlighted at the end of the video with McPhee and Hilty is fantastic and if they offered it now on iTunes I'd buy it. This show is at the top of my TV shows to watch for next season; I'm just disappointed that I have to wait until 2012 for it to premiere.

Will42 Profile Photo
Will42
#14Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/17/11 at 8:47am

I love Debra Messing, so I would've been there anyway, but thanks to the subject matter and the the talents involved it's a must see for me. Too bad I have to wait till 2012 to see it. I do hope they will use some more B'way stars as a guest stars and recurring.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#15Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/17/11 at 9:55am

Great to see real-life couple Dylan and Becky Ann Baker as her parents!

I enjoyed the trailer, more than I thought I would. And I'll be curious to see where they go with the story and characters. I think it looks very promising.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 5/17/11 at 09:55 AM

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#16Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/17/11 at 10:09am

I'll admit the premise sounded like it was trying to be another Glee, but after watching the trailer, I'm stunned. I definitely want to watch this. That cast is golden. Loved Jack Davenport since Coupling and I was sad to see the cancellation of the underrated Swingtown.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#17Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/17/11 at 10:25am

Wow...that looks really good.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Mattbrain
#18Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/17/11 at 1:29pm

I actually did a production of Godspell with Jaime Cepero, who's in the pilot. He's amazing!

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

#19Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/17/11 at 1:43pm

Love that Annaleigh Ashford has a brief role in this!

provocation Profile Photo
provocation
#20Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/17/11 at 1:59pm

Chicago, I completely agree.

I'm also super excited for McPhee! She's a fantastic singer and deserves more recognition. Hopefully, the director will bring out a better performance than we've seen from her. Sometimes I find her "acting" to be painful.

I know, right?

Idiot Profile Photo
Idiot
#21Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/17/11 at 2:28pm

Just watched the trailer -- full body goose bumps. Twice. Not bad.

beautywickedlover
#22Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/17/11 at 2:29pm

I'm so looking foreward to seeing Katharine McPhee on this. She's always been one of the most underrated Idol contestants ever. Brian d'Arcy James and Megan Hilty are the other reasons why I want to watch this.

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#23Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/17/11 at 4:17pm

I am personally so excited for this! Especially after the let down Glee was...

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#24Sneak Peek : SMASH
Posted: 5/17/11 at 4:28pm

That trailer certainly won me over. I am so excited for this.