News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BearcatBroadwayLover

BearcatBroadwayLover Profile Photo
Member Name: BearcatBroadwayLover
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Kennedy Center Honors 2024
 Dec 29 2023, 07:45:19 PM

Patti LaBelle, the performances could be legendary. 

Duplicate
 Nov 16 2022, 08:28:25 AM

The Piano Lesson rush?
 Oct 16 2022, 08:36:05 PM

I stopped by the box office yesterday and asked since I happened to be in the city.  The man seemed annoyed by the question but his response was that there was no rush or lottery. 

It's odd, but I don't think I remember another show that hasn't offered either a lottery or rush. Super disappointed but I guess I'll grab one of the $49 from TodayTix. 

What is the highlight of your theatre going experiences?
 Sep 14 2022, 01:11:12 PM

I went and saw a preview performance of "The Visit" with Chita Rivera and Roger Rees before his passing. Afterwards I stage doored for over an hour to hopefully meet Ms. Rivera.

When she came out she took time to speak to all of us individually, even singing with one of the music students for a second. I told her how elegant and mesmerizing she was even from the balcony and she thanked me for my kind words and kissed my playbill as she signed.

I still have the playbill

Pre-Show Music
 Jun 15 2022, 08:39:47 PM

While listening to my music on shuffle I noticed a few songs that I had recently added were discovered at shows I attended this season.  Specifically while seeing Cyrano at BAM I was able to hear "Wildfires" by Sault and "I Love You, I Hate You" by Little Simz. 

Then at The Skin of Our Teeth at LCT (which had an amazing pre-show setlist) I added "Undo (Back to My Heart)" by Tinashe & Wax Motif. Shout-out to the usage of Chloe in the actual sh

Box Office Question
 May 8 2022, 01:32:41 PM

Hello everyone,

I bought a ticket for "for colored girls" on my last trip to New York directly at the box office for June 26, 2022. With the show closing earlier than expected I'm trying to figure out how to switch my ticket to another performance. 

I have one of the $49 front row seats but I'm worried that I'll have to do my exchange directly at the box office.  Does anyone know if there's any way I could exchange my ticket without going dire

McDonagh’s HANGMEN will return to Broadway
 Apr 9 2022, 06:59:06 AM

I was at last night's first preview sitting in one of the those seats (I was 109 so directly front row center) and I'm 6'4" so I shared a similar concern as you. Thankfully there was only one short scene at the top of Act 2 where I felt a little strain from neck-craning. 

Otherwise though the seat was perfect (could only miss extremely minor moments behind the bar but that was 2-3 instances top).  Overall I'm super happy I went ahead and got the front row

Saturday matinee recommendations?
 Mar 3 2022, 06:33:31 PM

How about Company? 

How I Learned to Drive - 30 Under 35
 Mar 3 2022, 10:24:28 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm just curious if anyone has received any information regarding the $30 under 35 tickets for How I Learned to Drive?  I have a feeling those tickets might be a bit hard to get when they're dropped so I definitely don't want to miss out. 

Thanks in advance! 

Come From Away - Rush
 Feb 14 2022, 06:54:35 AM

I happened to see it this weekend. My bus got into NYC around 1:35pm this Saturday and I was able to make it to the theater a little after 2pm. Went to the box office and asked if they had any rush tickets left and was able to get a seat in the first row to the farthest left. My view was obstructed for a tiny bit but I don't feel like I missed anything really. 

Not sure if this was a fluke but you might be able to go really close to showtime!  I've found it doesn'

How Realistic?
 Oct 16 2021, 09:30:40 PM

Im planning my first trip to New York City since October 2019 and want to maximum my time to see as much as possible. Im staying just one night from Saturday into Sunday and can see two shows on Saturday definitely and Im trying to figure out Sunday since my bus leaves at 6pm.

The shows Id like to schedule are: Caroline, or Change, Come From Away, Girl From the North Country and then one play either The Lehman Trilogy or To Kill a Mockingbird.

What Im thinking is:
S

Does TKAM Still Have Linctix?
 Sep 2 2019, 09:10:10 AM
Is the show still showing as an option for anyone on their Linctix?
 Sep 1 2019, 01:37:40 PM
I have not seen the show yet or purchased a ticket via Linctix. That’s why I was confused because I haven’t even logged into Linctix since I purchased a My Fair Lady ticket sometime last year.
 Sep 1 2019, 01:06:59 PM
Hello everyone,

I apologize if this question has been answered or discussed in previous threads for the show, however, when I searched for recent Linctix information about To Kill a Mockingbird I couldnt find the answer to my question.

Im looking to see the show in November when Ed Harris has taken over the role of Atticus Finch. Is Lincoln Center still running the Linctix program for those performances? When Ive gone to their website the show is no longer listed on my Linctix

The Play That Goes Wrong (Saturday 3/18 2pm $35)
 Mar 17 2017, 11:05:29 AM

Hello everyone,

I purchased two tickets for The Play That Goes Wrong back during their preview promotion. Unfortunately my friend is unable to make it to the city with me so I'm looking to sell their ticket. 

So I am selling a ticket for Center Orchestra Row A Seat 108. I'm asking $35 for this to cover the cost of the ticket and fees. This is for tomorrow's matinee at 2pm. 

I will be coming from upstate so I can meet you in front of the Lyceum about

Miss Saigon Previews Thread
 Mar 10 2017, 08:48:07 AM

Hi everyone! I though I'd share my two cents about the show since I saw it recently. A couple friends and I decided to drive down to the city on Tuesday to try and snag some tickets. We arrived at the box office around 6:45pm and were able to score some rush tickets!! $39 for three seats together in Row R of the orchestra. To me these seats were essentially perfect as you didn't miss anything except for a few of the Dreamland/Bangkok dancers doing their thing. 

We were

Ticket Lottery winners?
 Mar 8 2017, 02:12:14 PM

I've been incredibly lucky in my winning of ticket lotteries. The first time I entered one was for the Wicked lottery right after New Years and I won! I was the fifth name called and was able to score the front row tickets on my first attempt! 

For my 20th birthday later in 2015 I won the lottery for The Book of Mormon and then the next day I won the TodayTix lottery for On the Town. 

Over Spring Break last year I played the Phantom of the Opera for a

Sunday in the park (rush)
 Feb 19 2017, 01:02:57 PM

abbagirl said: "BearcatBroadwayLover said: "Does anyone have any advice on when to show up for rush on Sunday? I believe the box office opens at noon as opposed 10am every other day. Thanks!"

I am actually in the rush line right now, and there are already 5 of us (I'm 4th)! :) I got here about 3:20, the people in front of me not long before that.

"

Oh wow! Congratulations!! Thank you for your feedback. I'

Sunday in the park (rush)
 Feb 17 2017, 05:48:10 PM

Does anyone have any advice on when to show up for rush on Sunday? I believe the box office opens at noon as opposed 10am every other day. Thanks!

Monday Show Suggestions
 Nov 19 2016, 06:37:20 PM

Hello everyone, 

I will be in New York City for this Thanksgiving and have the opportunity to see three shows. I've already settled what two of the shows shall be: Cats and Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812. 

This leaves me with a show to pick for Monday night. I know most theaters are dark this night but a few are having added performances. I'd prefer to see something I haven't seen before so my options are as follow: A Bronx Tale, Dear Evan Hansen, Th

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You