News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hmaybway

hmaybway Profile Photo
Member Name: hmaybway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Recent Experience with Come From Away Rush ??  Jan 29 2020, 07:48:35 PM
I rushed DEH today (1/29/20) so was able to see the CFA line. The first
person didn’t arrive until a little after 9. When the box office opened there were only a handful of people in line.

Dear Evan Hansen SRO  Jan 29 2020, 07:45:47 PM
Did SRO for the show today, Wednesday 1/29/20. Arrive at 8:05 and was 4th in line. Next person arrived at 8:30. By 9 there were six people in line. At 9:30, 8 people in line. And about 20 when the box office opened. I got a ticket - SRO 101. Not sure who all behind me did.
JLP Rush?  Jan 28 2020, 11:25:32 AM

Rushed today, Tuesday 1/28/20. Arrived at 8:07 - ended up fourth in line.With a few more people joining about 8-8:15. Seat Location is Row H Seat 21, not marked as partial view so hoping for a good view! Looking forward to the show. 

Frozen 2 teaser thoughts  Feb 13 2019, 05:15:29 PM

RWPrincess said: "

I'm curious to see how this impacts Broadway. If this is successful, will they retool the show? Develop a sequel show? Time will tell.

"

I wouldn't think they would retool the show at all. Aladdin and The Lion King both have sequels and neither were re-tooled. Tarzan and The Little Mermaid also had sequels. Those were all direct-to-video and this is a theatrical release, but I don't know that it matters.

Krystina Alabado To Replace Ashley Park In Mean Girls  Feb 12 2019, 01:10:33 PM

Sad to see Ashley go - congrats to her on a great run and a Tony nom! Can't wait to see what she does next. 

I'm very excited to see Krystina in this role!! Congrats to her! 

Largest theaters that regularly host touring productions  Feb 4 2019, 10:31:18 AM

Indianapolis has two theatres that Broadway in Indianapolis visits... Clowes Memorial Hall (2,096) and Murat Theatre (2,500) both pretty average size for touring stops. 

In a nearby drive (about an hour each, different ways), we also have a few other college auditoriums that host tours for one or two day stops. IU's Auditorium in Bloomington with a capacity of 3,154 sometimes with an extra 46 seats in the orchestra pit. Ball State's Emens Auditorium with 3,581. And Pu

Superhero at Second Stage  Jan 31 2019, 01:56:17 PM

InTheBathroom1 said: "Per Second Stage’s Website, Whitney Bashor is the standby for Kate Baldwin!"

How exciting for her! She was wonderful in Ordinary Days last fall! (I didn't get to see Bridges unfortunately).

Seeing Frozen, The Prom, Hadestown, Tootsie, and Beetlejuice this June. Where should I grab seats?  Jan 31 2019, 12:19:54 PM

Definitely avoid the rear mezz at the Walter Kerr. It's pretty rough! Anywhere else there you should be good. 

What realistic Tony nominations do you think BE MORE CHILL will receive?  Jan 29 2019, 03:05:59 PM

thealtoslament said: "Warbucks2 said: "Robbie2 said: "Really that's the FAN BASE age 22-28? I thought this was for teens-college years (13-22)? It's about kids-teenagers!"

I don't think it is accurate to say the fan base is 22-28.
"

I'd say the fanbase is between 13-25. I know a lot of people my age (early 20s) who really adore it, but not so many older than us.
"

I think there is definitely a

Waitress Stagedoor  Jan 22 2019, 12:57:36 PM

Izzyx12 said: "I know Sara and Gavin go to sign but I havent seen them take any selfies with anyone. Are you allowed to ask them for selfies?"

Saw the evening show on 1/13 (the day of the awful audience member during She Used to Be Mine), Sara didn't come out. Gavin did and was super sweet with everyone, but like mentioned above, he said he wasn't taking pictures that night.

The prom rush  Jan 21 2019, 12:33:03 PM

Good to know!! Thank you for the info!

Opinions on 4th show for early March trip  Jan 17 2019, 06:01:43 PM

It's really up to you! I think the cabarets are fun, but I have a hard time choosing one over the show since I live out of town. 1) I get frustrated with the ticket price + food/bev minimum (and it's hard to hit the minimum exactly...) 2) I think I have a better chance of seeing someone's cabaret again at a later time (or a different city) but am not always sure I'd be able to catch the show again. Especially a limited run or an off-broadway show. With that, I usuall

The prom rush  Jan 17 2019, 05:45:07 PM

has anyone rushed on a Sunday recently? Wondering best time to arrive for a noon box office opening.

Adam Pascal in Pretty Woman  Jan 16 2019, 09:18:30 AM

Great to hear!! Thanks for the report! I'm hoping he comes back to the show at a later time so I am able to see him in the role!

Frozen replacements  Jan 15 2019, 05:08:13 PM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "A female Olaf? How random. I wonder if she'll "deepen" her voice or just sing normally. I feel like it could confuse the kiddies.

It says that Patti Murin and Caissie Levy will both continue with the production.
"

I would imagine she would sing with her normal voice. It's an animated/talking snowman, so I guess I don't see why there would be any confusion about a female voice. 

Frozen replacements  Jan 15 2019, 05:06:44 PM

everythingtaboo said: "RWPrincess said: "I wonder if Disney did this or if the actors left by choice. Looks like I'll just miss them as I'm seeing this on Feb 9."

I'll be a year next month that the show started previews, so it's about the time the cast starting turning over. I'm sure as with most actors, they want to move onto something new, I can't imagine Disney forcing anyone out that doesn't want to go.
"

J

Any news on next My Fair Lady casting  Dec 19 2018, 02:10:53 PM

How exciting for him!! Great casting choice!

Mean Girls Rush/Lottery  Dec 17 2018, 04:59:45 PM

TheatreEdAubrey said: "Hey everyone!

I'm traveling to nyc the 29th-2nd and am trying to rush for a bunch of shows. I am planning on going to the Mean Girls line right away. Do you think i'll have a chance to get a rush ticket if Iarrive Saturday around 8:30/9 or should I come on the Sunday earlier? Also do they let you pick if its for the matinee or the evening show? Thanks!!
"

Not sure about the line times, but if you are in line for a

Falsettos Tour Cast  Dec 4 2018, 11:29:08 AM

This cast is incredible!!! Especially excited for Nick Blaemire as Mendel!!

Brandon Victor Dixon, Vanessa Hudgens, Keala Settle, Jordan Fisher Set for Fox's Rent Live!  Oct 29 2018, 02:52:20 PM

It appears that the actor playing Roger's music experience is mainly county. I wonder if they'll put that spin on the role at all? 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You