News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BwayDreamer00

Member Name: BwayDreamer00
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Best way to get tickets (day of? Or online)
 Feb 12 2023, 02:40:38 PM

Hi all! I live in Philly and I'm planning a New York day trip for Saturday 3/11. I saw Company back in July and was able to get matinee tickets like two hours before the show at $79 from the box office. I'm thinking about seeing either the matinee of Kimberly Akimbo, Funny Girl, or Little Shop, haven't made up my mind yet. 

I'm a bit worried about getting tickets the day of though. I guess I got lucky with Company but would I be okay to just get tickets from the bo

Company last chance tickets?
 Jun 21 2022, 06:52:45 PM

Hi all,

This is my first post in forever so my apologies if it's already been asked. I'm planning on seeing Company on Saturday 7/16 (the matinee) but now that it's closing on 7/31 I'm concerned it may be sold out or tickets will be really limited. I'm coming up from Philadelphia so it will just be a day trip and this may sound dumb but my plan was to just go to the box office and find the cheapest seat in the mezzanine. But I don't want to get there and ris

Why Do Musicals Open In The Fall/Summer?
 Mar 12 2019, 01:25:07 AM

I was thinking about this earlier and it came across my mind, why do so many musicals open in the spring (near the Tony's) and then there's the random few who open in the fall when tourism is pretty low? Disregarding theater availability because of plays and their limited engagements, wouldn't it just make more sense for a show to open in the spring when its more crowded because if a show opens in the fall, won't it get 1. forgotten/brushed by with all of the new shows 2. not

When a show closes, what does the ensemble do?
 Mar 12 2019, 01:18:01 AM

Kind of a weird question but I’ve ALWAYS wondered it. On behalf of the ensemble in musicals, when their show closes or posts its closing date, what do they…do? Do they literally face reality and collect unemployment or…do some of them get lucky and get performance jobs off the bat? It’s just disconcerting especially to any making their debut as to what’s next when their job just ends and they can’t do anything about it.
??  

THE PROM
 Mar 12 2019, 01:11:49 AM

Two weeks ago I saw The Prom on a Thursday night and I really enjoyed it. Was it a perfect show by any means? No. But what I really loved about it was how it was just fun. Nothing more too it, just plain all in all fun. I also really admired how much the cast was enjoying themselves especially the ensemble. 

Now my concern really is their grosses. For a little (ish) show at a small to medium sized house (Longacre), it needs to be selling better and it just isn't. What's mo

Phantom or The Prom??
 Nov 19 2018, 12:19:53 AM

So in February, I'll be in New York and I am COMPLETELY torn between seeing either The Prom or Phantom since I'll only be in the city for one night before I leave the next day...I've never seen Phantom live, I've only seen the movie but I LOVE IT, and I've always wanted to see it time after time but I never have....for Prom, I started listening to it and I've fallen in love even if it's fluff because those are my kind of shows!! I'm torn please help!!Â&#1

Shows You Grew to Dislike After Being Involved With a Production of It?
 Jan 6 2018, 11:54:01 PM

The Addams Family 

The songs are fun but only to an extent......singing When Your An Addams and Full Disclosure are fun at first and listening to Pulled backstage is also a fun little lipsync party but once the show ended hearing them come up on shuffle on my phone made me want to throw it into a sewer....also the show is uncannily short and there's really no resolution it just kind of ends? Wednesday and Lucas get married at 18...because? Fester goes to the moon bye? Alice an

re: Your Top 5 LEAST Favorite Musicals
 Nov 26 2017, 12:04:37 AM

Oklahoma-Great score, some songs are actually really beautiful...but it was so long and boring...it was about taking a girl to a dance for crying out loud and it felt like it was 4 hours long!!

Grease-Same thing....great score, some songs are some of the most iconic songs in musical theater (Summer Nights, Hand Jive, You're The One That I Want) but it's just so boring....fun at times but mostly just boring

Cats-Except for the catchy opening.....it's pretty mu

Dreamgirls Vs Nine?
 Oct 22 2017, 03:19:23 PM

So with all the buzz going around about the possible Dreamgirls revival this spring, and the current West End production with Amber Riley I want to go back to the original production in 1981. It lost best musical that year as well as best score (Henry Krieger and Tom Eyen) and best direction (Michael Bennett) all to the musical Nine? It did win best book (Eyen) as well as best actress for Jennifer Holliday with her irresistible performance as Effie. And best choreography for Bennett. I don&#3

BEST MUSICAL OPENING NUMBER
 Oct 9 2017, 04:41:47 PM

Wilkomen from Cabaret is brilliant as well as All That Jazz from Chicago (Kander and Ebb KNOW how to make a good opening that grabs your attention!)

But OH MY GOD YOU GUYS don't forget about OH MY GOD YOU GUYS from Legally Blonde! It perfectly captures what the show is and what the show is going to be. 

A personal favorite of mine is Wide Open Spaces from Curtains (also Kander and Ebb hehe) because it's a different way to start a show. Instead of opening the show it

what is the most overrated musical of all time
 Oct 2 2017, 11:27:09 PM

OVERRATED

Wicked-I liked it. Extremely entertaining with obnoxiously catchy songs and huge sets to follow.....but nothing out of this world amazing??

Grease-Great songs, boring plot

Cats-Nothing happens, it's literally a self explanatory title

Mama Mia!-Yes those songs will never leave your head, but the story is just SO BAD and the movie did it zero favors.

Oklahoma-Just really boring I love Rogers and Hammerstein but usually Oklahoma lacks that oomph a

Best and Worst Bway Sets?
 Oct 1 2017, 10:43:23 PM

Whenever I see a show on Broadway I ALWAYS love to graze around at the set and then after the show see if I liked it or not. I know that the set shouldn't really matter because it's truly about the show itself and the cast but I'm in a snobby theater critic mood so I wanna know, what's been your favorite (and least favorite) sets on Bway and why?

Mine:

Favorite: 

War Paint, Wicked, Kinky Boots, King And I (2015 Revival), Matilda, Cinderell

Favorite
 Sep 23 2017, 11:09:34 PM

HAIRSPRAY-(the 1988 original) to me the movie was good but fell a bit flat but the musical perfectly made it so much more fun a lovable

Matilda-(this is more book to stage because the movie is set in the US while the book is homage to Roald Dahl who had it take place in England because he was British) but this has so much pop and depth, so clever 

Xanadu-The movie is ridiculous. Thank god the musical understood this and made some of it into a parody 

Legally Blo

What Went Wrong with HONEYMOON IN VEGAS?
 Sep 4 2017, 04:41:42 PM

Hey!!! I was the 9 to 5 thread!! 

Honeymoon in Vegas was a super funny, campy, gem of a show and extremely entertaining. But they took a huge risk by opening it in the dead of winter at a large theater (Nederlander). And with high running costs and with tourists thinking "it's so cold! Let's stay safe and go see Wicked!" Also from what I remember the marketing wasn't that stellar. Some ads on YouTube and its own website but not much else. <

9 to 5 On Broadway, why did it flop?
 Sep 2 2017, 03:30:32 AM

Not sure why but I've somehow fallen in love with 9 to 5. Both the show (which is on Youtube) and the score. But why did it flop? It only ran for four months when it had a triple threat powerhouse leads (Allison Janney, Megan Hilty, Stephanie J Block) and great supporting cast and it was super funny. And yes the ensemble was super big and with those HUGE sets (like omg how big is the Marquis theater backstage???) and there were so many costumes those weekly costs were definetly uber high.

What's the problem with Little Mermaid??
 Aug 22 2017, 12:17:15 PM

The problem with The Little Mermaid on stage is that it often comes off way too bloated because too many ideas are crammed into one. The original broadway production in my opponion was OK but no where near as good at The Lion King, Beauty and The Beast or Aida. I thought the cast was great. Sierra Boggess and Norm Lewis both have BEAUTIFUL voices and strong acting. Sherie Rene Scott got mixed reviews as Ursula but I thought she was fine a bit more an over the top diva comic relief Ursula then

Favorite Finales?
 Aug 22 2017, 01:02:24 AM

The Cabaret finale is truly magificent and thought provoking. 

The Annie ending is so heartwarming and sweet 

The Little Mermaid finale is actually really beautiful and the lyrics are nice 

Audition songs for mezzo/altos
 Aug 20 2017, 05:49:52 PM

JBradshaw said: "You didn't once say anything about yourself. What you like to sing. If you're looking for something dramatic or funny or even songs you like. 

Hi I need an alto song. 

Why not say songs you were thinking about? No just tell me songs to do. Do some work yourself. 

You joined today and then asked for audition songs. Come on. 

So sick of this sight. "What song to sing?" "What show to

Shows That are in Desperate Need of a directors visit.
 Aug 10 2017, 01:12:44 AM

trpguyy said: "BwayDreamer00 said: "I don't understand what you mean by a "DESPERATE directors visit" every show has an ongoing director that give notes to the cast and they subsequently have rehearsals to fix these issues? Once the show opens and begins its run the original director is done.....they have spent a ton of time working on this project and are moving on to another one....does Casey Nicholaw the co director and choreographer of Book Of Mormon have t

Shows That are in Desperate Need of a directors visit.
 Aug 9 2017, 11:47:35 PM

I don't understand what you mean by a "DESPERATE directors visit" every show has an ongoing director that give notes to the cast and they subsequently have rehearsals to fix these issues? Once the show opens and begins its run the original director is done.....they have spent a ton of time working on this project and are moving on to another one....does Casey Nicholaw the co director and choreographer of Book Of Mormon have time to go back and watch every single thing wrong with

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You