morningglory
#1Hollywood Bowl Les Mis
Posted: 8/5/08 at 6:20am

great Photos!!!!!! https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=30752

I'm excited! Anyone going???????

noahrp3
#2re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis
Posted: 8/5/08 at 9:18am

Hooray! photos are awesome. I'll be there friday night. Can't wait.

Amalia Balash Profile Photo
Amalia Balash
#2re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis
Posted: 8/5/08 at 9:33am

I'm so jealous of everyone who's going to see this. Is it going to be taped and released?

krispy kreme
#3re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis
Posted: 8/5/08 at 9:43am

I'm there on Friday too.....can't wait!

toni3
#4re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis
Posted: 8/5/08 at 10:05am

What exactly is the dress for this?

morningglory
#5re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis
Posted: 8/5/08 at 10:05am

They are great aren't they! Looks like a great cast and looks to be more staging than the 10th anniversary concert. I can't wait either!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#6re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis
Posted: 8/5/08 at 10:09am

You can probably just wear jeans...

As long as you don't look like you are homeless or rolled out of bed, you should be fine.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

goldswann Profile Photo
goldswann
#7re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis
Posted: 8/5/08 at 10:11am

Seeing the show Saturday night...I cannot wait!

morningglory
#8re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis
Posted: 8/5/08 at 10:35am

I've been waiting for 5 1/2 years to see J. Mark McVey back in this role!
They should record it!
They should video tape it!
They should make a movie - with this particular cast!
(well, they are making movies of everything else - why not this???

eatlasagna
#9re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis
Posted: 8/5/08 at 10:43am

i'm going on saturday.... i'm excited!

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#10re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis
Posted: 8/5/08 at 10:55am

I am so bitter now......

I hate all of you who will be there, all of you.

morningglory
#11re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis
Posted: 8/5/08 at 10:58am

Ah Sanda - don't be bitter - perhaps they will bring them all to Carnegie Hall as they did with South Pacific!

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#12re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis
Posted: 8/5/08 at 11:16am

I'll be there on Sunday!!

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#13re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis
Posted: 8/5/08 at 11:49am

Just a little 411. It is not by any means sold out.. so if you want to go probably Friday and Sunday is your best bet. The Bowl usually releases returned subscription seats on noon the day of show. You can access these by ticketmaster. And it is suppose to be hot this weekend. Check weather.com the day your going and then decide what to wear. Last weekend we were all in shorts and tank tops.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
Updated On: 8/5/08 at 11:49 AM

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#14re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis
Posted: 8/5/08 at 2:22pm

i apologize in advance for the stupid question, but since it's outdoors, are pictures ok?

aliciag Profile Photo
aliciag
#15re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis
Posted: 8/5/08 at 2:46pm

I'll be there Sunday!!!

And dress is kind of whatever you feel comfortable in. Many people go in families and picnic so they aren't unnecessarily dressed up. And I don't know about pictures during the show... I know for South Pacific last summer I took pictures of the stage before the show. Then again I was and will be way back in the bleachers so it's not really worth it for me to try and take a picture.

Colle
#16re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis
Posted: 8/5/08 at 2:51pm

The pictures are great! Yes it does seem like they are using more of the props and set pieces than in the "Tenth Anniversary Concert,"like Valjean sitting in his chair in the finale, and Eponine has Marius' book(which makes me think they are doing more of "Look Down" than the TAC did). I am yet another person who hopes they will record and release this on DVD, and I am looking forward to reading the reviews here.

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#17re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis
Posted: 8/5/08 at 2:53pm

"Then again I was and will be way back in the bleachers so it's not really worth it for me to try and take a picture."

That's where I'll be on Sunday too! But my sis has an amazing camara with an even more amazing zoom.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#18re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis
Posted: 8/5/08 at 3:05pm

This looks amazing!!! They all look wonderful re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis

Wish I could see it re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

morningglory
#19re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis
Posted: 8/5/08 at 3:09pm

all that talent out there doing this show thrills me! So glad Ms Hardin is a camera bug and decided to take these photos.

I know they must have cut some stuff since I don't think this is to be anywhere near the Broadway running time. Wonder what they did cut. (obviously, not 'on my own' or 'bring him home')

Anyone know what they are cutting?

p.s.
#20re: Hollywood Bowl Les Miz
Posted: 8/5/08 at 3:25pm

"Note: Cellular telephones, pagers, cameras, laser pointing devices and recording devices may not be operated in the theater."

Notwithstanding the above, do people generally film and record rather freely in the Hollywood Bowl?

p.s. I've never been there, so I'm having trouble understanding the scale of the theater. Are Garden Boxes like sitting mid-orchestra, or do they seem closer or more distant? They are closer to the stage than so many of the seats, but is the actual distance (and actual number of rows) from the stage such that they seem more balcony-like?

At what distances are binoculars recommended?

BWNUT
#21re: Hollywood Bowl Les Miz
Posted: 8/5/08 at 4:31pm

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/seating_chart.cfm

The Bowl is huge (18,000 capacity), but the Garden boxes area is the equivalent of the rear and mid-orchestra of a regular theater. Seats are on ground level (not balcony-like) and you shouldn't need binoculars. Binoculars might be needed starting the next higher (and cheaper) level the Terrace Boxes.

In my experience, taking pictures of the actual show is strictly prohibited. They have ushers standing around for the entire show (ready to pounce on violators?) But cameras are allowed inside the venue. They flash like crazy before the show.

Updated On: 8/5/08 at 04:31 PM

morningglory
#22re: Hollywood Bowl Les Miz
Posted: 8/5/08 at 7:17pm

does anyone think binoculars are needed from the 'super seats'??

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#23re: Hollywood Bowl Les Miz
Posted: 8/5/08 at 7:47pm

The super seats are fantastic but I always bring binoculars just in case I really want to see facial expressions. They also have several screens up too.

The boxes are like orchestra seats in the sense they are closest to the stage, but not as close as orchestra seats in a regular Broadway show. Still its fun to sit in them.

I am going Sunday night!

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

ByTheSea920 Profile Photo
ByTheSea920
#24re: Hollywood Bowl Les Miz
Posted: 8/5/08 at 11:12pm

I'm going Saturday night!! I'm SO excited! I love the entire cast!

Videos