News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ByTheSea920

ByTheSea920 Profile Photo
Member Name: ByTheSea920
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Shows you went into just to see what the hype was about then wound up
 Aug 26 2008, 02:58:32 AM
The Drowsy Chaperone! I had a friend who saw it and hated it, so I wanted to see WHY she hated it so much. I ended up absolutely LOVING it. It's my favorite show now!
re: Back from Les Miserables at the Hollywood Bowl
 Aug 15 2008, 10:44:32 PM
Haha, Evie, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who got excited about that! Before the show I actually was hoping that maybe some Office co-stars would come out to see her, but I didn't see any of them there.
re: Any SHREK news from last night?
 Aug 14 2008, 04:23:45 PM
The set looks very cool! I really wish I could see this!
re: Back from Les Miserables at the Hollywood Bowl
 Aug 14 2008, 04:18:39 PM
The Office is my absolute favorite tv show, so when I found out Melora was going to be in this show, I had an embarrassing fangirl moment and shouted "oh my gosh, its JAN!" I was very impressed by her performance in Les Miz, and I think she's an extremely talented actress with great versatility.

Now on another note, who else here had a HORRIBLE time getting out of the parking lot once the show was over? I realized why so many people took buses instead. It was a nightmare! How long were

Hilarious Comments...
 Aug 14 2008, 03:54:15 PM
Oh, and i forgot about the woman who went on and on about how she was so excited to be seeing the ORIGINAL CAST of Les Miz.
I laughed out loud at that one.

Hilarious Comments...
 Aug 14 2008, 03:52:12 PM
Cello-dude, that story just cracked me up! That is SO disgusting!

I've got a few new stupid comments that i overheard at the Les Miz concert at the Hollywood Bowl. I of course ended up sitting in front of these girls who were possibly the STUPIDEST ditzy girls I've ever encountered in my life. I don't even know why they came to see the show. They pretty much just mocked the entire thing.
During the entire first act, the one girl was confused about what was happening, and the other

re: Hollywood Bowl Les Miz
 Aug 5 2008, 11:12:25 PM
I'm going Saturday night!! I'm SO excited! I love the entire cast!
re: Blog: Ten Films That Should Be Broadway Musicals
 Aug 1 2008, 01:10:40 AM
Back to the Future would actually be interesting. Haha, I'd love to see that!
re: Does anyone have any idea what this is?
 Jul 22 2008, 05:12:33 PM
A Wrinkle In Time would be amazing!! I hope its that one! Its always been one of my favorite books. :)
re: Ever write a musical?
 Jul 20 2008, 06:31:50 PM
I've had an idea for a musical comedy for about 2 years now. I've written two songs for it, and small portions of the book, but I haven't worked on it lately. I still want to finish it someday though... I think it could be pretty good. :)
re: Wicked Chicago review 7/8/08
 Jul 14 2008, 03:27:59 AM
Great in-depth review! Thanks for posting! I would love to go see this production, it sounds fantastic!
Its a shame to hear Kristoffer's lost his touch as Fiyero. I saw him in the role twice in L.A, and he was wonderful. :/ I guess he's just been doing this role for too long and has lost that spark. Sad.

re: WICKED Storyline Questions
 Jul 13 2008, 06:00:18 PM
Yes, and technically it IS "what happened before Dorothy came to Oz." But it doesn't necessarily mean that it's meant to be an exact replica of The Wizard of Oz. It's based on the Wizard of Oz, yes, but its not an exact retelling.
Like I said, I view it as Morrible/Dorothy's version of the story vs. Glinda/Elphaba's version of the story.
That's just the way I interpreted it. :)

re: WICKED Storyline Questions
 Jul 13 2008, 05:48:39 PM
I agree with adamgreer. I always thought of "The Wizard of Oz" as being the "propaganda" version of what happened in Oz. I don't think of the so-called "plot holes" as real plot holes, because I think that the movie and musical have two almost entirely DIFFERENT plots, that just happen to have the same characters and whatnot, if that makes any sense.... when you watch Wicked, its not supposed to be like watching a remake of the Wizard of Oz. It's a reinterpretation of that story. Its a different
re: The Drowsy Chaperone tour...
 Jul 11 2008, 02:21:08 AM
Aw, you're going to have so much fun! I'm jealous, I wish I could go see it again!
re: The Drowsy Chaperone tour...
 Jul 11 2008, 01:25:59 AM
I saw it last night, and I thought it was fantastic!! I LOVED the cast, especially the Man in Chair! He is hilarious! I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the cast. I'd say they are top-notch.
Hilarious Comments...
 Jul 10 2008, 04:30:12 PM
Last night at The Drowsy Chaperone in LA, I was waiting in line to buy a program and a stuffed monkey :) , and the woman in front of me wanted to buy the c.d. And then THIS lovely little quote happened!
Woman: I'd like to buy the c.d....now, the one you're selling... is this a recording of THIS cast, or is it from the 1928 show?
Man working there: .......1928 show?
Woman: Yes, the 1928 show of The Drowsy Chaperone. The one the man kept talking about in the show.
Man: This is the

re: Laughter On The 23rd Floor Revival?
 Jul 4 2008, 03:00:24 AM
I do! I saw a production of it at a local college this year, and I absolutely LOVED it! Its hilarious!!
re: guess what extended....
 Mar 26 2008, 06:55:58 PM
I'm actually happy about it extending, because I might be able to get to New York this summer to see it now! I've never seen it on Broadway, and now maybe I'll get a chance to! I was SO disappointed when I thought it was closing before summer.
re: Enchanted - Musical or Joke?
 Mar 23 2008, 04:35:42 PM
I just finished watching Enchanted 5 minutes ago! I love it!!
re: Aliens In America
 Mar 17 2008, 08:49:40 PM
Bahahahah, I know, I love how he's overacting so much on that line! And I love the mother's "but old for my age!" It's just funny because she's his MOTHER, so she is waaaaaay old for her age! lol
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You