pixeltracker

3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions

3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions

C is for Company
#03Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions
Posted: 6/14/06 at 12:03am

Sorry if this is annoying, but I am trying to see the "Thrippany" Opera tomorrow and know they had that sign that said 30 minutes before the curtain they sell the remaining seats half off.
I was wondering if anyone has rushed this recently or what policies they may have used because I'm kind of going out on a limb here. Thanks so much.
And random I know, but what about the Jersey Boys rush availability. If my friend waits at 3:30 when the box office sells the seats at 4:30, would we possibly get 2 rush seats? Has anyone done this recently either?

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#1re: 3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions
Posted: 6/14/06 at 12:09am

I'm not sure about Threepenny, but I would rush about two and a half to three hours earlier from when they sell the tickets for Jersey Boys. I heard that people started lining up very early today for standing room, not rush. The rush is going to be crazy for a little while. Definitely tell your friend to line up earlier.

ThreePennyJennyxo Profile Photo
ThreePennyJennyxo
#2re: 3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions
Posted: 6/14/06 at 12:10am

For ThreePenny all I know is on the closing day (June 25) there having student rush

ThreePenny Opera will always be in the hearts of many fans <3

BSoBW2
#3re: 3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions
Posted: 6/14/06 at 12:13am

Really!?

Anyway, I should go see the show again.

C is for Company
#4re: 3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions
Posted: 6/14/06 at 12:33am

Thanks for all the feedback everybody! Urgh I would so see it on closing day, but I have graduation that day re: 3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions Is it bad that I would rather see this than stand in the heat and receive something that isn't even my diploma? I get it when I return the robe :
Well thanks guys, I will hopefully get to see Threepenny tomorrow and that the line won't be so bad for tomorrow night at Jersey Boys. I loved the Tony performance and have been dying to see 3PO and my friend would love to see JB.

nomdeplume
#5re: 3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions
Posted: 6/14/06 at 12:37am

I saw Jersey Boys standing room for $26.25. You miss a very little happening on the upper part of the stage, not much, and it's a great deal.

I just stopped at the box office at 7:30 one Thursday night and got lucky. I like standing room in a way because you don't have someone's head in front of you obstructing your view. They have a standing room line and start to sell the tickets at 7:00 PM. Great way to get in and see a sold-out show.

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#6re: 3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions
Posted: 6/14/06 at 12:38am

Threepenny has been popping up on TDF too, it's on now for the 21st...

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#7re: 3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions
Posted: 6/14/06 at 6:22am

THREEPENNY has $25 day-of rush, seats located in the rear mezz. I've done this twice and I've usually got seats about three or four rows down from the back row. The few is fine and you can hear everything from the seats. It's general rush too, not just student.

BSoBW2
#8re: 3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions
Posted: 6/14/06 at 11:17am

Thanks, MEF.

I think I may try June 25th, if I'm not working.

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#9re: 3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 9:09am

hi~ i just saw threepenney opera yesterday. granted, it was wed matinee, but those get full too! anyways, i got general rush tickets, which are only on the side mezzanine, but i got the front row, which actually I don't recommend b/c there is a bar in the way (at least get second row). i didn't have to get up super early to get tickets either - i went around 11 am and were plenty of empty seats as well. enjoy! cindy lauper and jim dale and nellie mckay and alan cumming are amazing.

NYCtheater
#10re: 3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 9:12am

Jersey Boys Standing Room now sells 2 hours before each performance. A friend walked by yesterday and said the line was very long, as well for student tickets. Get there maybe 3 or so hours earlier to play it safe.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#11re: 3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 10:59am

ON the last day-- will they most definately sell student rush for 3penny if I'm there when the box office opens??
Updated On: 6/15/06 at 10:59 AM

C is for Company
#12re: 3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 12:55pm

ALright to report back after all the advice, I saw Threepenny yesterday afternoon and bought a rush seat for 26.25. It was even about a half hour before the performance so everyone who wants to see this and can get to NYC will have no excuse as to why they won't be able to see it :)
Jersey Boys, my friend got a rush seat and a standing room seat after waiting in line for over 2 hours. Definitely just get in line at least 2 hours before box office opens for whatever kind of ticket.

.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
#13re: 3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 2:09pm

i got in line 4 hours before the JERSEY student rush tickets went on sale yesterday (wednesday). i was the last in line. the box office guy came out, counted how many tickets we all wanted and told me i would get the last two and to tell that to anyone who might jump in line after me.

fast forward 4 hours later. after sitting there the entire time, i get to the box office and the guy goes... oh, i think we miscounted. i just sold the last two. good luck next time.

WHAT?! i was livid.

(ps. the reason it was so crowded yesterday was b/c ppl who had lined up around 9am for matinee rush tickets didnt get them so decided to wait in line for the evening show. as a result, very early in the morning the line was more than half full.)

Updated On: 6/15/06 at 02:09 PM

C is for Company
#14re: 3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 3:50pm

My friend was behind you in line! She was telling me about the whole line issues and spoke of a girl in front of her who had waited and they had miscounted when they checked how many were on line.
Sorry for that sucky issue, but I think you talked to my friend

Freckles1329 Profile Photo
Freckles1329
#15re: 3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 4:15pm

It's a small world after all!! haha

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

Shirley Hemphill Profile Photo
Shirley Hemphill
#16re: 3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 5:55pm

THERE IS A HUGE NASTY CUNT IN LINE RIGHT NOW for Jersey Boys standing room... She's being totally bossy & barking at everyone & accusing people of cutting in line when they haven't.

It's ridiculous -- gettin all up in everyone else's business

C is for Company
#17re: 3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 8:16pm

Freckles, Stacy waited a while for us and she was telling me about the line happenings!

.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
#18re: 3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 8:40pm

haha so strange that your friend was in line when i was. yeah since we were all there for 4 or so hours we got to chatting. thankfully everyone in line was nice. and everyone was really nice about what happened to me.

small world, indeed!

smashingasian
#19re: 3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 11:33pm

Hi all, I'm new to the board = ]

I have a quick question. I'm dying to see Jersey Boys and I'm thinking about trying out the whole rush tickets system. My friend and I are interested in seeing a Wednesday evening show in the up coming weeks and according to advice given here, getting at the box office early is a must! Since rush tickets go on sale at 4 or 4:30 would 12 or 11 be a suitable time to go to the box office? Or is that too early? Pardon my ignorance but I'm new to this whole thing = ] Not broadway, just the rush tickets lol

Thanks in advance!

Updated On: 6/15/06 at 11:33 PM

Ebonic_Singer
#20re: 3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 11:47pm

It's never too early to get rush seats...

smashingasian
#21re: 3Penny and Jersey Boys rush questions
Posted: 6/16/06 at 12:10am

You're right lol

Are there always rush tickets available? I mean like every performance? Or those seats ever sold for full price, or are they solely seats for people who buy rush tickets?