#1Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 9:38am

What time is her segmetn scheduled?

Trekkie2
#2re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 9:46am

I think around 10AM
EDIT: Just saw a commercial, she's up next

"I think of avant-garde as downtown shows where you rub waffles and chocolate on yourself."- Hunter Bell
Updated On: 2/25/07 at 09:46 AM

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#2re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 10:05am

What happened to her face?

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#3re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 10:11am

That was SO sad.

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#4re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 10:23am

The show just started here in Denver. I can only imagine how this is going to go. They showed a snippet where she says "I AM Effie". And don't forget her performance on E! tonight.

Just give the world Love.

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#5re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 11:02am

What time is her red carpet performance?

...it doesn't even count as a red carpet performance, does it? Isn't she on the roof across the street? The right place for a CRAZY PERSON. Its like putting a 25 foot ditch between the humans and the alligators at the zoo... that way no one gets eaten.

Anyhow, what time?

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

CurtainPullDowner
#6re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 11:14am

"I am not the essence of Effie, I am Effie."

ok, let it go girl.

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#7re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 11:17am

Quite frankly she wasn't proud of it. I felt bad for her, to see someone with that much potential and talent end up a washed up has-been.

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"

CurtainPullDowner
#8re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 11:28am

I think the saddest thing is that she is in such denial.
She did get record contracts, she did get other oppertunities, but the word is that her head was so full of herself no one wanted to deal with her.
It is a tough bizz and you gotta have the smarts and tolerence to weather the ups and downs, and she somehow screwed that up but she refuses to admit that it may have been her own fault.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#9re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 11:29am

I think her performance is somewhere around 5:00 Eastern time. I am just turning E! on and leaving it there until the awards.

That interview was a bit sad. I actually can see why she said she saw herself up on the screen. She created the role. I also would love to know why the movie company is not commenting on why they didn't offer her a part. But I agree, things did not go the way she wished they had, for whatever resons, and it is time to let it go. With her now reprising her role, yet again, and the rumors of a revival on Broadway, I don't think we have seen or heard the last of her. What will really be sad is if the revival does happen and she goes to the press upset again for not being included in the show. I really feel that there is something that we all don't know that may have happened or has been said that shut her out of being a part of the movie. She says she never got a call but I seem to remember reading that she was offered a part and turned it down. I am sure someone here can clear that up! Just my random thoughts!

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#10re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 11:38am

I don't think Ms Holliday ever stops performing.

I hear Truman Capote and Queen Elizabeth will be doing a duet on the red carpet too.

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#11re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 11:45am

I watched this and I didn't think she was "crazy" like many of the posters have stated because of her earlier comments. I did feel sad for her however. I think she was naive as to the ways of the business then and continues to be so. To expect Hollywood to remember her is just unrealistic, since movie making is just about making money.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#12re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 11:50am

MovieGuy, she is scheduled to sing at 5:00pm Eastern Time. Here is the link to the USA Today article where they mention the time she will sing on E!.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/movieawards/oscars/2007-02-22-jennifer-holliday_x.htm

musicalsFan
#13re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 11:51am

I was shaking my head when I heard with my own ears her saying she expected to be called in to audition for Effie.

Get in touch with reality woman!

They cast Beyonce as Deena. Jennifer would look like her mother next to her.

Move on with some dignity.

stagegrrrl
#14re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 12:05pm

soooooo sad. pathetic really.
the producers wouldn't comment on not giving her a role in the film, "not even a cameo," because holiday is a notoriously awful bitch and no one wants to work with her. there is a reason she doesn't have an agent or a manager. she can't even give it up for jennifer hudson's performance? she is so selfish and self-absorbed that she can't even compliment her work? truly awful behavior. get a grip woman! she's at least 20 years to old for the film. holiday is an actress who played the role for three years and won a tony. yes, she is very talented. yes, i'm sure that she was great in the role and it is difficult for her that she has been so identified with the part. but she is just one of many actresses who have played the part all around the world. she doesn't own the role. the producers owe her nothing. and she needs to grow up and take some ownership of her life. if she really feels that she is effie than she has made herself effie and she is the only person that she has to blame for her career troubles.

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#15re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 12:17pm

There was an article in USA Today a few days ago.
Three quotes from her:

"She's going to win an Oscar, and all three of us — Jennifer Hudson, Jennifer Holliday and Effie — will be up there when she wins."

"All I like about the movie is that it was made. Over 20 years they've been trying to make this, and I think this movie lost the heart and soul of it."

"I think (the filmmakers) thought to have success with this, they had to destroy my legacy."

Bitter as hell.
I used to kind of like her, but I can't say I really have any repect for her anymore.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

Hiram
#16re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 1:14pm

I saw Miss Holliday play Effie the night after DREAMGIRLS opened and her powerful, gut wrenching performance is still with me 25 years later. That interview saddened me. I can't dislike her. She seems like a lost, mixed up soul. I wish her the best and I hope something wonderful happens for her in the near future.

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#17re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 2:09pm

I am so puzzled that she can say "I did this 25 years ago" and then not understand that she is not a candidate to play a 20-year-old woman. I don't question her talent, but she is simply not in a position to complain that she wasn't asked when she is too old to play the role. Does she think she would be any less disappointed if they had asked her to audition, and then passed her over?

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#18re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 2:19pm

Wow, she is REALLY bitter. She needs to move over and let Hudson have the spotlight all to herself.

Parsley
#19re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 2:25pm

Very much a hint of the Norma Desmond about her.

She is a very talented woman but the world has moved on. Who cares that she was great all those years ago? She is not now and we do not need her in the spotlight any more. Well certainly not with her demanding it. She needs to get on with her own life but if she wants to be bitter, then let her. She is all but nothing now and luckily that will not detract from Jennifer Hudson

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#20re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 2:28pm

Basically to wrap up her in one word, the word would be "jealous"

Virgo
#21re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 3:44pm

I say Jennifer Holliday should go back to broadway and revive that role that she loves so much. She won the tony and grammy but I can see how she would want a little shout out here and there from this new production. She's not getting it so I say, lick your wounds and move on. look at that Tony and Grammy award that she won in conjunction with the show and be happy. Everyone wants credit, I think she deserve some but when you don't get it you have to accept it and move on.

chino Profile Photo
chino
#22re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 3:54pm

Oh my, she just wont stop. Please Miss Holliday, stop, before you loose all of your fans!

Move on.

This is really sad.

By the way, Jennifer Hudson will sing "And I am Telling You" in Ms. Walters' special tonight before the oscars. So who would you watch, Holliday or Hudson?

stagegrrrl
#23re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 3:58pm

i can't believe she is singing on the red carpet tonight. i just find that so tasteless. why does she want to take this night away from this wonderfully talented girl. it's hudson's moment in the spotlight. it has nothing to do with jennifer holiday.

did bebe neuwirth show up and belt out nowadays when catherine zeta was nominated?
of course not, and bebe had more of a right to be bitter about not being cast because at least bebe was a feasible age to play the role. this woman's ego is out of control and as a fellow broadway actress it really shames me to see her denigrate herself this way.

Fabrizio2
#24re: Jennifer Holliday on CBS This morning
Posted: 2/25/07 at 3:59pm

I think the Jennifer Holliday segment is about to come on, I am watching the count down rightnow and it is saying so.