BOMBAY DREAMS anyone?

BombayDreamsFanatic
#0BOMBAY DREAMS anyone?
Posted: 12/29/04 at 7:23pm

Hey guys/gurl whatever..anyways I am totally in love with Bombay Dreams..I saw it for my birthday with my mom and my sister.I really really want to talk to someone who has seen it!So if you have please please please reply!

xoxox Lilly aka Bombay Dreams Fanatic!

BombayDreamsFanatic
#1re: BOMBAY DREAMS anyone?
Posted: 12/29/04 at 7:25pm

Any 1 please?? Im suffering because Im desperate to talk to some 1 who has seen it!!!!!! :) :) :)

~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
#2re: BOMBAY DREAMS anyone?
Posted: 12/29/04 at 7:34pm

Honey, try waiting more than 2 minutes to get a response before becoming alarmed.

I have not yet seen Bombay Dreams, but I would love to.
It sounds like it's made for me.

And I have been known to Shakalaka...
but that's another thread.

I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!

RadioTV2 Profile Photo
RadioTV2
#3re: BOMBAY DREAMS anyone?
Posted: 12/29/04 at 7:39pm

I saw "Bombay" and enjoyed it. Did I find it amazing? No, but it certainly wasn't terrible. It was fun, but Broadway won't be at a loss especially with "Mambo Kings" coming in to the Broadway Theater next!

Check out the Tony Awards Haven! www.tonyawardshaven.com

BombayDreamsFanatic
#4re: BOMBAY DREAMS anyone?
Posted: 12/29/04 at 7:39pm

Oh thanks sweetie...your support is wonderful! Anyways...uhhh I am very impatient I guess I just have to wait!Yeah you really should see Bombay Dreams before it leaves (Jan. 1)I love Shakalaka too!The song is so catchy!Thanks Bye!

P.S. Why so you think Bombay Dreams was meant for you?

xoxoxox
Lilly aka Bombay Dreams Fanatic

BombayDreamsFanatic
#5re: BOMBAY DREAMS anyone?
Posted: 12/29/04 at 7:41pm

Hey...I don't quite get why people don't like it to much If it wouldn't be such a hassle why don't YOU like it so much?
Reply ASAP! :)

xoxox

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#6re: BOMBAY DREAMS anyone?
Posted: 12/29/04 at 7:45pm

I've seen it a bunch of times (used to work there,) and it certainly is a fun, entertaining night in the theatre. It's by no means as terrible as some make it out to seem.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

BombayDreamsFanatic
#7re: BOMBAY DREAMS anyone?
Posted: 12/29/04 at 7:55pm

Exactly..many people say Bombay Dreams SUCKED but I truley Loved it...what was your favorite parts? Do you have any other comments about it?

xoxox

Derek
#8re: BOMBAY DREAMS anyone?
Posted: 12/29/04 at 9:22pm

I went to try to see it today but it was sold out re: BOMBAY DREAMS anyone?

BombayDreamsFanatic
#9re: BOMBAY DREAMS anyone?
Posted: 12/29/04 at 10:29pm

That sucks..my sister got the tickits 3 weeks in advance...for the 23rd of December..we got really good seats too!

BombayDreamsFanatic
#10Minor Memo
Posted: 12/29/04 at 10:31pm

Just wanted to say..if you come across this post and repy please come back because I might have some questions or comments.Also if you decide to post becuase you have seen it please write your fav. parts,characters,songs etc. Thanks!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#11Minor Memo
Posted: 12/29/04 at 10:34pm

A lot of numbers from the London production were dropped from the Broadway version & replaced with weaker numbers

It was 2 plus hours of mindless entertainment. Not greart but enjoyable. We have seen much worse

Poster Emeritus

BombayDreamsFanatic
#12Minor Memo
Posted: 12/29/04 at 10:37pm

I saw the London production..personally I like the Broadway version better.Can you please give me some examples of "replacement with weaker numbers"? Thanks alot.What do you think would have made it better?

TheaterGeek91
#13Minor Memo
Posted: 12/29/04 at 11:02pm

BombayDreamsFanatic, I hate to be a jerk on the first day you get here, but, um, have you seen our grammar/spelling threads yet? Look around, there is a whole new world waiting out there for you! Including the "search feature!" But welcome to the boards. And I am glad you liked Bombay Dreams. It's keeping my friend, who's in it, making money Minor Memo

BombayDreamsFanatic
#14Minor Memo
Posted: 12/29/04 at 11:34pm

ummmm ok whatever..i didn't quite get what you said in your post "geek" but uhh...your friend works in Bombay Dreams? OH my God thats awesome! Whatr character is he? I meet one of the Uniqhes (I spelled that wrong) outside when we were about to go in! He was really nice and had beautiful hair .... :)

jarred03
#15Minor Memo
Posted: 12/31/04 at 1:47am

I was supposed to go wed. and missed my chance, so how did you like Tamyra Gray(Priya)?

Ganesh
#16Bombay Dreams
Posted: 1/1/05 at 9:34pm

Tamyra Gray entering the play was the beginning of the end. Unfortunately, once the original Priya left, this play lost it's authenticity.

This play was not promoted enough. This could have been a mega hit in New York City had the powers that be had enough gumption to spread the word in the Asian community. Once it caught fire, this would have been another Mama Mia. Sadly, this was not allowed to happen. A beautiful musical closed way too early.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#17Bombay Dreams
Posted: 3/25/06 at 1:16pm

agreed.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#18Bombay Dreams
Posted: 3/25/06 at 3:54pm

BombayDreamsFanatic, you should check out this thread started by muscel23ftl. Lots of comments and reviews from all over the country. I wish it were coming back to Arizona. It was a lot of fun!
muscle23flt's Bombay Dreams thread

Videos