Weekly SNL thread

supportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
#225Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/20/12 at 12:05am

Loved Mick in the Game Show skit and the karaoke thing too. He is really funny. I'm sure he's looking at cue cards- it's just not as obvious as some of the hosts have been- like Lindsay Lohan.

thetinymagic2 Profile Photo
thetinymagic2
#226Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/20/12 at 12:14am

OMFG OFF THE CHART!! The one time i'm glad I'm old enough to have seen Mick, live, back in the hey days!! (1967- 70s). Nothing better!!

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#227Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/20/12 at 12:25am

I loved that rendition of "The Last Time" with Arcade Fire so much.

Updated On: 5/28/12 at 12:25 AM

supportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
#228Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/20/12 at 12:31am

^ Agree! Sounded great live. Mick is such a good sport!

thetinymagic2 Profile Photo
thetinymagic2
#229Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/20/12 at 12:35am

Amazing Mick! Nothin like an old rock star that can still do it

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#230Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/20/12 at 12:50am

Now this show is FUNNY

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#231Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/20/12 at 1:08am

Mick surprised me and pulled it off. He looks and sounds great. Mick and Jeff Beck were amazing.Have not seen Jeff Beck in years and he looks exactly as I remember him.

I got a little teary eyed at the end. The tribute to Kristin Wiig was sweet. One of the best finales I have seen.

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-

FindingNamo
#232Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/20/12 at 1:14am

"Lazy Sunday 2," at long last. "Sister Act."

Honestly, Madonna should have gotten The Lonely Island boys to producer her record, that ish sounded gooooood.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#233Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/20/12 at 4:07am

Even with the dubstep break? Saturday Night Live!                                                                                                                         I thought it was a decent episode with some great moments--the Wiig sendoff was very sweet.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#234Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/20/12 at 5:01am

The Foo Fighters sang for two hours at the wrap party in the Summer Garden (Ice rink) Jagger joined them for a couple songs Rockefeller Plaza was freaking Rocking Till 4 AM.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

canmark Profile Photo
canmark
#235Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/20/12 at 10:15am

Does anyone have the lyrics to Mick's presidential election song, the one where he warned not to let Mitt "cut your hair"?

Coach Bob knew it all along: you've got to get obsessed and stay obsessed. You have to keep passing the open windows. (John Irving, The Hotel New Hampshire)

Jon
#236Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/20/12 at 11:47am

Who was the last guy to appear in the "Californians" sketch? He got a big reaction from the audience.

strummergirl
#237Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/20/12 at 11:50am

Steve Martin

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#238Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/20/12 at 11:51am

Steve Martin.

Here is Mick Jagger's Election Song.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/mick-jagger-performs-presidential-election-song-references-romneys-unfortunate-hair-cutting-past/

Kristin Wiig's goodbye.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/kristen-wiig-says-goodbye-to-snl-after-7-years/

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-

beautywickedlover
#239Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/27/12 at 11:54pm

Looking at this gallery of Kristen Wiig's characters, some good and some bad, made realize that she was a big part of the show. I enjoyed her and she will be missed.

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20597551_21163433,00.html

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#240Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/28/12 at 12:28am

"Yes! and No! Yes and No!"

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
Updated On: 5/28/12 at 12:28 AM

beautywickedlover
#241Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 6/1/12 at 10:15pm

Andy Samberg is leaving too.

Andy Samberg will not return to 'SNL' Updated On: 7/10/12 at 10:15 PM

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#242Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 6/1/12 at 11:20pm

That was kind of old news. The 100th Digital Short was his send off. Hader and Sedakis are supposed to leave however no real "Official" word from SNL has come down. I believe they might return and leave just after the elections.

beautywickedlover
#243Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 7/10/12 at 6:19pm

^Sedakis is hinting that he is leaving too.

Jason Sudeikis implies he's leaving 'Saturday Night Live' too

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#244Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 7/10/12 at 7:36pm

We will see what happens between now and the middle of September. I believe Sedakis will hang on until after the election. There are tw planned Prime tIme Elections scheduled this fall. I am sure there are negotiations going on and that there will be an onnouncement one way or the other by the end of August.

beautywickedlover
#245Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 8/15/12 at 12:17pm

Abby Elliott is reportedly leaving the show.

Report: Abby Elliott is leaving 'Saturday Night Live'

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#246Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 8/15/12 at 12:33pm

Meh, Kate will fill up the void.

beautywickedlover
#247Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 8/29/12 at 10:30am

The show's first three hosts and musical guests for next season have been announced.

Quote:

In a move Family Guy fans will no doubt find freakin sweet, Saturday Night Live announced this morning that Seth MacFarlane will host the shows 38th season premiere on Sept. 15. MacFarlane  who will be promoting the fall premieres of his Fox animated series Family Guy, American Dad (both Sept. 30), and The Cleveland Show (Oct. 7), as well as the upcoming DVD release of his hit talking teddy-bear movie Ted  will be joined by musical guest Frank Ocean.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt will return to host for the second time on Sept. 22, joined by Mumford & Sons, who will be making their SNL debut.

On Oct. 6, James Bond himself, Daniel Craig, will host, with Muse providing the music.

End Quote.

'Saturday Night Live' announces hosts, musical guests

strummergirl
#248Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 8/29/12 at 10:39am

Interesting pairings of music and host. Craig and Muse seem the most obvious. Has it been confirmed who are doing the song for Skyfall? That seems like something Muse would do though Adele's been linked as well.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#249Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 8/29/12 at 11:00am

Sedakis will be returning.

Videos