pixeltracker

Shootings! Shootings! Shootings! Today's and tomorrow's shootings!- Page 10

Shootings! Shootings! Shootings! Today's and tomorrow's shootings!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#225today's shootings
Posted: 7/26/14 at 12:01pm

Oh ok. That makes sense. But my reason to post in it is to remind those here who believe they should have the right to own guns that they shouldn't!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
Updated On: 7/26/14 at 12:01 PM

javero Profile Photo
javero
#226today's shootings
Posted: 7/26/14 at 1:02pm

Jane2,

I still believe that people are capable of change. I'm a former gun owner who decided to part ways with the fireman before relocating to another state. But, I'd like to share a story with you that clearly illustrates how one random event can alter someone's consciousness.

My condo unit is one of 60 garden apartments in a 6 story structure. We have an ongoing rodent problem for a number of reasons. Just once, I experimented with a clam-style snap trap for mice. It took a few days before a certain little fellow took the bait. Then, one Sunday morning I heard the trap go off but it was not a clean kill. That poor mouse was in agony but I'll spare you the details of how I put it out of its misery.

After that, I reverted to using traditional wooden snap traps which always work without fail. While a few animals rights colleagues and friends have excoriated me for not using live traps, at least with the wooden snap traps the home invaders meet their demise instantly. I see that as a win-win given that they are simply not welcome in my home.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#227today's shootings
Posted: 7/26/14 at 5:14pm

Yeah and....?

javero Profile Photo
javero
#228today's shootings
Posted: 7/26/14 at 9:29pm

"Yeah and....?"

I haven't hunted since I was a kid going along with my dad and cousins so there's real need for me to own a firearm now. If my present neighborhood becomes unbearable I now have the means to relocate to the relatively safer environs.

Regarding mice, I don't take them in as pets obviously. But, I no longer have the heart to watch them needlessly suffer. So, a traditional snap trap is the most humane way I can think of to put them down. I have no idea how they could be spayed or neutered.

Others will determine when it's the most opportune or right moment for them to turn in their firearms. Perhaps this thread has already caught the attention of a city-dwelling gun owner who's been on the fence about ownership in 2014.

Updated On: 7/26/14 at 09:29 PM

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#229today's shootings
Posted: 7/27/14 at 8:53am

Javero, re humane killing of mice, take it from one who has them her whole life due to having parrots, the most efficient and fast way is something called the rat zapper. It's good fori mice too. The mouse goes in for the pellets and is Immediately electrocuted!

FindingNamo
#230today's shootings
Posted: 7/28/14 at 12:06am

Really javero? You've brought this to a discussion of humane mouse traps?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

javero Profile Photo
javero
#231today's shootings
Posted: 7/28/14 at 12:55am

"Really javero? You've brought this to a discussion of humane mouse traps?"

Dude, that's all you took from the post, really?

The following excerpt sums up my thoughts on the topic.

"Others will determine when it's the most opportune or right moment for them to turn in their firearms. Perhaps this thread has already caught the attention of a city-dwelling gun owner who's been on the fence about ownership in 2014."

Cherry-pick away, Namo...have at it!

Addison D. Profile Photo
Addison D.
#232today's shootings
Posted: 7/28/14 at 1:59pm

(One of) Today's shootings is in my neighborhood...

from the NYT:

"Two federal marshals and one New York City police officer were shot Monday afternoon in the West Village, authorities said.

A suspect was also shot.

The three law enforcement officers appeared to be in the process of executing a warrant at or near the corner of West Fourth Street and Jones Street, the authorities said. But it was not immediately clear what brought them to that location or if the person they were seeking was involved in the shooting.

A previously scheduled briefing by the police commissioner and the mayor was delayed and they were conferring with aides.

This article will be updated as more information becomes available."

You think, what do you want? You think, make a decision...

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#233today's shootings
Posted: 7/28/14 at 2:45pm

Today's shooting was in my immediate neighborhood. In fact, if I had left the house 20 minutes earlier, I'd be in the midst of it, as I was heading to that block.

The injuries were not life threatening, and I believe the suspect was shot dead.

This neighborhood keeps changing, and not for the better.

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
Addison D. Profile Photo
Addison D.
#235today's shootings
Posted: 7/28/14 at 4:42pm

More details on the W Village incident

You think, what do you want? You think, make a decision...

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#236today's shootings
Posted: 7/28/14 at 5:20pm

coverage is continuing on tv. One officer's bullet proof vest saved his life.

The suspect molested a child in CA. Police were tipped off that he was hanging out at the tobacco shop.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#237today's shootings
Posted: 7/30/14 at 9:37am

Please read the online comments if you can spare the time.
Judge puts D.C. handgun ruling on hold

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#238today's shootings
Posted: 7/30/14 at 4:20pm

Police officer shot today in Newark.

Reginald Tresilian
Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#240today's shootings
Posted: 8/1/14 at 9:29am

Today- shooting at the Elizabeth NJ train station.

Reginald Tresilian
#241today's shootings
Posted: 8/2/14 at 7:54pm

3-year-old dies

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#242today's shootings
Posted: 8/2/14 at 11:02pm

I have to say, I have a wave of deprssion everytime I see this thread on the top of the list.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Reginald Tresilian
javero Profile Photo
javero
#244today's shootings
Posted: 8/4/14 at 10:58pm

So, in my neck of the woods we have a 13-yr old alleged gang member with access to a gun who hunted down human prey on the streets.

Montgomery County shooting may have been gang-related attack

Updated On: 8/4/14 at 10:58 PM

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#245today's shootings
Posted: 8/5/14 at 10:33am

Reg, that video is horrifying! I am happy to hear the victim is still alive.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#246today's shootings
Posted: 8/6/14 at 6:05pm

3 year old shot by 5 year old. Viva 2nd Amendment!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#247today's shootings
Posted: 8/6/14 at 6:19pm

But had the 3 year old been armed...

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#248today's shootings
Posted: 8/7/14 at 11:16am

Illinois man ‘showing off’ shotgun to friends fatally shoots self in head to prove it is empty

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#249today's shootings
Posted: 8/7/14 at 11:17am

Man taking Facebook selfie posing with handgun dies after shooting self in the head

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Videos