The True Blood Dumb Gossip-Head Weirdo Bitches thread- Page 10

The True Blood Dumb Gossip-Head Weirdo Bitches thread

javero Profile Photo
javero
#225TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/4/14 at 9:45am

"As always, I bitch because I love. But this sh*t is off the rails."

Priceless!

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#226TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/4/14 at 9:59am

I'm with Phyllis. I love this show. Come next summer, I will probably grieve it. I just want it to be better. It seems like it's gone downhill since the start of season five, for me.

Did anyone else hope that Bill was going to go ahead and die all over Sookie?

javero Profile Photo
javero
#227TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/4/14 at 10:13am

"Did anyone else hope that Bill was going to go ahead and die all over Sookie?"

Yes.

I'm so over that shaite, I can't even produce a full paragraph review of the episode. Of course, Namo will be delightedTRUE BLOOD - Season 7

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#228TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/4/14 at 10:47am

'Did anyone else hope that Bill was going to go ahead and die all over Sookie?'

Yes...and it would have been FANTASTIC.

'I can't decide if Jim Parick just can't remember how to play Hoyt, or if Jessica glamoured the good parts of him.'

It REALLY bugged me last night. Mostly cause I've loved Hoyt deeply, and to see him douchified made me just plain angry. For a hot second, I thought Jason was all over his girl because we were going to find out who he's loved all along was Hoyt and that the only way he could deal with that was to f*ck his girlfriends.

Don't look at me like that. It makes as much sense as anything else on this sh!t-show.

Oh...and I adore Anna Camp...but this show is trying my patience with that love.

FindingNamo
#229TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/4/14 at 1:23pm

I think what you're suggesting with Hoyt and Jason is a great idea and I hope the writers were clever enough to think of it too.

When exactly, and HOW, did Tammy Faye personally invent Hep-V?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

SonofRobbieJ
#230TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/4/14 at 2:16pm

I *think* she was with the Governor when they conspired with the Evil Japanese (seriously...nobody else has an issue with the inscrutable Asian villains??? Have I spent too much time in the Miss Saigon and Racism thread???) to create Hep-V. I can't imagine that she's the one who invented it...but maybe she's the last one alive to blame?

Wait...WERE the Evil Japanese complicit in creating Hep-V? I don't remember. Or never knew.

FindingNamo
#231TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/4/14 at 2:24pm

They must have been. Otherwise they would have just been called The Japanese and not The Evil Japanese.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

lovepuppy
#232TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/4/14 at 10:04pm

I believe it was stated last season that it was Sarah's idea to have the scientists at vamp camp develop the Hep-V virus to put in all the True Blood bottles.

I am sick of Sarah too, but I'll take her over this Violet crap--WHY DOES SHE MATTER?? And on that subject, um...whose house did she lure Adilyn and Wade to--hers? The crazy mansion with an ancient painting of herself and "sex toys in the walls?" If she were that wealthy, why the f--- did she spent 6 months shacking up with Jason in his comparatively teeny, less fancy redneck house? You'd think she'd think he was beneath her in oh-so-many ways, in the first place.

And she lured them there so that she can kill Adilyn because she's fae, right? That's what the preview seems to suggest (not that I think Adilyn will die in the end).

Also ick about Jason eyeing Hoyt's gf. But also...it was made clear that for some reason, she was eyeing him, too. I keep wondering if she is going to say she knows him from somewhere...

And ain't that cute--despite Sookie being mad at Bill for 5 seasons, she's now giving him pity sex? Nice to see Rutger Hauer for 5 minutes, though...even though he wasn't all that helpful.

"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." "I dare say you haven't had the practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." --Alice in Wonderland
Updated On: 8/4/14 at 10:04 PM

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#233TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/5/14 at 4:55am

And she lured them there so that she can kill Adilyn because she's fae, right?

She lured her there to put her in danger because Jessica was her protector. If she is in danger, Jessica will come.

And Granddaddy Fae JUST told Sookie that he is always watching. So, the first thing she does is get to banging? Hell, when my grandmother died when I was a teen, I was petrified to kiss my boyfriend for weeks because she would KNOW! (Yeah, Baptist upbringing.) Sookie KNOWS he can see. What an exhibitionist.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#234TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/11/14 at 12:07am

Will you just die already, Bill?

Tara reconciling her unfinished business was sweet, but anticlimactic. Whatever.

Hours after seeing it, I am just now realizing that we didn't have Sam, or if we did, it wasn't memorable.

lovepuppy
#235TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/11/14 at 12:22am

I'm watching it now and have been thinking the same thing: no Sam tonight.

Bill's not gonna die, come on....

That stuff between Jason and Hoyt was sweet, considering that Hoyt asked Jess to glamour him when he left town but everyone else remembers his life story and history with Jason and with Jess, though he doesn't know they know.

"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." "I dare say you haven't had the practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." --Alice in Wonderland
Updated On: 8/11/14 at 12:22 AM

javero Profile Photo
javero
#236TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/11/14 at 7:21am

I liked the closure Lettie Mae received at long last and the tender moment between Jason and Jess. After watching the episode I found myself wishing that there was some way for Jason and Jess to spend immortality together.

What's telling is that no one bothered to mention that vampirella finally met the true death. My reaction was, bout time.

Updated On: 8/14/14 at 07:21 AM

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#237TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/11/14 at 3:54pm

FOR F*CK'S SAKE BILL JUST DRINK THE F*CKING BLOOD WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS SO DIFFICULT

SonofRobbieJ
#238TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/11/14 at 4:03pm

Oh just let him die. I will be perfectly happy if the only ones left alive are Pam and Jessica. Hoyt can stick around, too, I guess.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#239TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/11/14 at 4:26pm

Pam and Jessica should do a show and let Hoyt just stand in the background.

SonofRobbieJ
#240TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/11/14 at 4:33pm

A talk show a la ATTITUDES? Pam is such the Linda Dano of the pair.

I would watch the ever-loving SH*T out of that.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#241TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/11/14 at 4:43pm

I feel like Bill will die. One of the main ones has to go, and now that Eric is better, it seems like that leaves Bill. I know Alan Ball isn't at the helm anymore, but he was really wanting Charlaine Harris to kill Bill at the end of the books, so perhaps that will be his legacy to the show.

This furious need to partner up everyone before the show ends is making me crazy. Now they are reintroducing the idea of Hoyt and Jessica? Come on. There are no stakes to anything at this point. We had to sit through all that Violet nonsense for nothing, except to maybe maneuver Jessica and Jason (or Hoyt?) back together and to give us a bunch of patented True Blood gross sex stuff.

And that Tara stuff last night? I can't even go there.

SonofRobbieJ
#242TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/11/14 at 4:53pm

^ THAT is exactly right. There are NO stakes. None. Nada. Zip.

That Tara bullsh*t was something. The only reason it wasn't the grossest thing I've ever seen on this show is because she and Adina Porter acted the terribleness beautifully.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#243TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/11/14 at 6:27pm

"And that Tara stuff last night? I can't even go there."

But I will. That was a missed opportunity. I never read the books and never will. The only option that could have salvaged that f*ckery would have been a revelation that a young Tara killed her father in her mom's defense and that Lettie Mae, Lafayette, and Sookie kept that family secret all these years. I didn't care for Pastor Daniels' involvement one bit. He was the odd man out.

I did empathize with Lettie Mae. After all, she's a human being who has wrestled some real demons in her life. Countless women suffer silently in abusive relationships with men whom they love above all else. Some, including a deceased relative of mine, lose their lives at the hands of those domestic terrorists. But, the Tara-Lettie Mae-Estranged Father-arc came too late in the series life cycle to pack any sort of emotional punch or engender viewer interest. Lettie Mae got the closure she desperately needed but I was left pissed at the timing and rushed feel of the whole thing. Part of the reason human Tara was arguably never a fan favorite was because early on the writers failed to provide enough of a back story to explain just why she was mad at the world and why Sookie tolerated her for so long.

Making Sookie, Lafayette, and Lettie Mae complicit in the cover-up of the murder of Tara's father by Tara would be the perfect device to create ties to bind them forever. Witnessing and covering up a murder is a tough trick for anyone to pull off, especially children. Perhaps the innocence of child-murderer Tara and her two juvenile accomplices could have spared them somewhat with Lettie Mae damaged beyond repair.

In retrospect, Tara losing her own human life at the hands of Debbie Pelt could have been poetic justice if properly set up. That was the most opportune moment to give Sookie, Lafayette, and Lettie Mae their catharsis where Tara was concerned. Killing off Tara two times was just a bit extra.

There's a reason I always found the humans considerably more boring than the vamps, except Jason, Arlene and Sam. The portrayal of human relationships on the show lacks a certain sophistication and pathos. And I agree that Adina and Rutina acted the hell out of the steaming heap of shaite they were served.

Is this series over yet?

Updated On: 8/11/14 at 06:27 PM

lovepuppy
#244TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/11/14 at 6:40pm

I agree, the Tara wrap-up felt a bit anti-climactic. And you're right about the "what if Tara shot the father as a kid and they were all complicit in the secret" for later in life. However, the whole time they were showing the flashback, I knew Tara wouldn't have shot the father, because...during the rest of the series, there would have been mention of it, by then. Plus, the fact that the father stayed alive and LEFT was a huge reason why Lettie Mae went crazy and alcoholic all that time prior. That part--why Tara was mad at the world--was well-established during the first season, really, though, so I have no complaints about the "why" of Tara's attitude and actions when she was living.

Missed opportunities with Tara this entire season, don't you think? Was there nothing else to do with her after they coolly made her a vampire, other than to kill her off and have her haunt Lettie Mae's dreams? I was hoping that another poster up the thread would be right about the reverend and that he'd have a secret, too--they wasted using him here, as well.

I still don't think Bill will die. The cliffhanger was him saying "I don't want the blood." I think that means...he wants something else. Not sure what, but it still probably means Sarah ends up dead. (Heck, they've been not only foreshadowing it, they've been SAYING "death is coming" for her, for several episodes, now.) Too bad they killed off the sister. SHE was interesting.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#245TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/11/14 at 7:04pm

Team Sarah Newlin here!

Anna Camp was a hoot in that role as a ditsy blond shaite-stirrer and beard to Pastor Steve Newlin. Although toned down somewhat, her scenes this season still top my personal highlight reel. Her sister was hellahot but otherwise disposable.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#246TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/11/14 at 7:50pm

Her sister was played by Natalie Hall, who was Colby Chandler for a few years on All My Children and has a musical theatre history (she was in one of the recent Chorus Line tours.)

"But I will. That was a missed opportunity. I never read the books and never will. "

Well Tara is white, largely not even present and pretty disposable in the books... (I never bothered reading far enough to see if she was killed off early like Lafayette.)

javero Profile Photo
javero
#247TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/11/14 at 8:44pm

"Well Tara is white, largely not even present and pretty disposable in the books... (I never bothered reading far enough to see if she was killed off early like Lafayette.)"

Thanks for sharing, Eric...

I'm starting to recall the posts on other online fora that made a huge issue of the color-blind casting and how off-putting the bitter-black-woman story line was to them. I tried not to read too much into all that back then and now as well. It's not possible to please everyone.

Race aside, I absolutely abhorred the way the Tara character was written for the series. Tara was always protective of Sookie. We were led to believe that it was due to Sookie being regarded as a freak of nature by the good and bad folks of Bon Temps. I still suggest that making Sookie an accessory to Tara's heinous crime early on would have made their link more palatable and less random. At least Tara and Lafayette were blood relatives from a cesspool of a family. I often pondered privately if Lala and Tara could have the same dad unbeknown to them, but a secret guarded by their moms. If you're going to dip into Southern family history, spill all the beans.

Tara's first death could have bookended the entire series if properly set up. She's the only regular who died not once but twice and viewers still don't give a shaite. I'm attributing it solely to not exactly the best writing where that particular character is concerned.

lovepuppy
#248TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/11/14 at 8:53pm

I dunno, Javero, I thought Tara was a great character on the show. In the books, yes, she is white, peripheral, and dies a few books in, as I recall. It's been a while.

You're making me wonder about something else though--yes, Tara and Lafayette are cousins, and yet, we never really do find out how, correct? Lettie Mae and Ruby are not sisters. Tara's last name is Thornton, so her father's name must have been Thorton. Lafayette and Ruby's last name is Reynolds so Ruby's husband/Lafayette's father must have been named Reynolds, correct? It would make sense that Lettie Mae and Ruby are sisters, with husbands to change their names, yet I don't recall any scene in the series where either woman references a sister, or any identifying factor in how Tara and Lafayette are cousins. Unless I missed something all this time.

Things that make you go "hmm."

javero Profile Photo
javero
#249TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 8/11/14 at 9:05pm

loeverpuppy,

What I don't recall is any mention of Lafayette's father so there's no guarantee that he and Ruby bear that gentlemen's last name. I'd be on here till tomorrow if I revealed the number of families of all hues with which I'm acquainted from the Old South in which one relative took in some philandering husband's or wayward son's outside child(ren) to keep up appearances. And don't even get me started on the adventures of some of those pastors in the guise of spreading the Holy Word.

Videos