pixeltracker

2012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!- Page 2

2012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#252012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!
Posted: 9/18/14 at 1:46pm

OK, no bitchiness, just comment. You're trying to sell me a used VHS of Silence of the Lambs that was used as a rental copy which means it probably was treated poorly, for a starting bid of $20 and a buy it now of $26. There isn't a person in the world that's not impaired mentally who would think a used rental copy is a collector's item. Never mind that a brand new Blu-ray of this film is $11 and a 2 disc DVD is $9. You honestly should be ashamed of yourself.

ChgoTheatreGuy Profile Photo
ChgoTheatreGuy
#262012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!
Posted: 9/18/14 at 1:55pm

Thank you all for your constructive criticism. The items that I am selling have prices for a reason, "The Silence of the Lambs" videotape is from the original release of the film, hence the price. Since I have started this project a few days ago, I have had numerous transactions and purchases from people that are not mentally impaired. The idea of selling these items is not to rip people off, I check and see how they are priced on other websites, their age and their present availability. I am not just pulling prices out of my ass...

Updated On: 9/18/14 at 01:55 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#272012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!
Posted: 9/18/14 at 2:05pm

Oh, you're pulling them out of your ass. As an actual avid VHS collector, I know what prices were, are, and should be. And looking at the things you've sold in the past month, those all went for fair prices because you weren't asking ridiculous amounts for them. So don't say that people do spend those prices on certain items because they're not what's been sold.

So your SILENCE OF THE LAMBS is the original Orion vhs release so you say it's more valuable? Ok, let's go with that one since you mentioned it. If you had an original SEALED (with the ORION stamps on the shrinkwrap) in perfect condition, I could see someone paying you maybe $5-$7 for it, but you'd have to find that one person in the world who would want that and value that specific release more valuable than any subsequent release of the film on VHS that can be purchased for less than a dollar.

All you have to do is compare your listings to other listings on eBay for the exact same things to see that you're asking $50 for things that other sellers can't sell for $5. You're absolutely delusional to think that just because you want more money for something means you'll get it.

Updated On: 9/18/14 at 02:05 PM

FishermanBob
#282012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!
Posted: 9/18/14 at 2:09pm

"Since I have started this project a few days ago, I have had numerous transactions and purchases from people that are not mentally impaired."

Sounds like eBay is conspiring to hide the high level of interest in your items. I don't see even so much as a single bid on any of your current 169 listings, some of which have already been up for 3 or 4 days. Not one single bid.

Updated On: 9/18/14 at 02:09 PM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#292012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!
Posted: 9/18/14 at 2:11pm

That's because you're mentally impaired Bob.

....but the world goes 'round

Jordan Catalano
#302012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!
Posted: 9/18/14 at 2:11pm

No, he's sold a couple of things. But nothing so rare and exquisite as a used vhs copy of THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#312012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!
Posted: 9/18/14 at 2:12pm

Well you have fun selling really outdated media. Tapes deteriorate and wear out after awhile, so I would not pay more than 99 cents for any of this stuff.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

ChgoTheatreGuy
#322012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!
Posted: 9/18/14 at 2:12pm

Jordan (if that's your real name), there is another person on eBay selling the same exact VHS cassette for $20.00 still in shrink wrap. So I guess your theory has been proven otherwise...It's nice to see that this is how you enjoy spending your day...
Updated On: 9/18/14 at 02:12 PM

Jordan Catalano
#332012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!
Posted: 9/18/14 at 2:15pm

No, ChgoTheatreGuy (if that's your real name), my theory will be proven otherwise when that item SELLS (and I don't even SEE that item, can you post a link to it?

I do however see a brand new SEALED copy of the ORION release for 1.99 here -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silence-of-the-Lambs-Orion-Jodie-Foster-Anthony-Hopkins-VHS-Video-/321525796801?pt=VHS&hash=item4adc6e4fc1

Updated On: 9/18/14 at 02:15 PM

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#342012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!
Posted: 9/18/14 at 2:16pm

Selling or sold? There is a huge difference. I see stuff listed all the time for insane prices and it never sells.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Jordan Catalano
#352012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!
Posted: 9/18/14 at 2:17pm

I found that listing. They're also willing to accept best offers.

FishermanBob
#362012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!
Posted: 9/18/14 at 2:17pm

"That's because you're mentally impaired Bob."

That must be why my girlfriend always wears her "I'm with stupid" t-shirt whenever we go out together. Hey, maybe she could sell that on eBay for $200 cause after all, it's OOP.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#372012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!
Posted: 9/18/14 at 3:18pm

Only 43 minutes to snag that Vanilla Ice cassette for a mere $20! It's OOP!

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Updated On: 9/18/14 at 03:18 PM

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#382012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!
Posted: 9/18/14 at 3:22pm

You could probably get Vanilla Ice to perform in your back yard for $22 dollars. 2012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!

Mister Matt
#392012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!
Posted: 9/18/14 at 3:30pm

But he's not OOP! "OOP" automatically raises the value of anything, making it more desirable.

For example, when Bill told his babysitter, Margene, she was OOP, she knew she would be one day be sister-wife to Barb and Nicki and they would all be sealed to spend eternity together in the Celestial Kingdom.

Jordan Catalano
#402012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!
Posted: 9/18/14 at 3:33pm

OOP! THE MUSICAL!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#412012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!
Posted: 9/18/14 at 4:01pm

At least you get free shipping!

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#422012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!
Posted: 9/18/14 at 4:17pm

2012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!

"The Silence of the Lambs" videotape is from the original release of the film, hence the price. "The idea of selling these items is not to rip people off, I check and see how they are priced on other websites, their age and their present availability. I am not just pulling prices out of my ass... "

VHS are just not worth that anymore. I mean, they just aren't. Especially used.

Darreyl with an L!

Jordan Catalano
#432012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!
Posted: 9/18/14 at 4:37pm

Well, as I said before - some are worth it.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#442012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!
Posted: 9/18/14 at 4:48pm

ChgoTheatreGuy, I respect the fact that you're a great eBay seller, but could it be that you have some emotional attachment or sentimental value for this stuff? It seems your prices are outrageous for dead technologies such as VHS formats.

ChgoTheatreGuy
#452012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!
Posted: 9/18/14 at 4:51pm

Then I guess it would be a waste to list my cassettes of "The Joy of Belly Dancing" and "Christmas with the California Raisins"?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#462012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!
Posted: 9/18/14 at 4:54pm

You've already wasted your time with nearly 200 unsellable listings, what's a few more?

Jordan Catalano
#472012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!

I'll give you $80 for each of those if you include free 19th century style horse & buggy shipping.

Mister Matt
#482012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!

It depends. Are they OOP?

ChgoTheatreGuy
#492012 EBAY CLEANING OUT THE CLOSET BLOW OUT!!!

A majority of the things that I am selling on eBay, are items that are no longer available anywhere, no matter how they are available. A cassette single for a song awhile ago could be considered a thoughtful gift to someone special...

Videos