pixeltracker

Grace and Frankie Trailer- Page 2

Grace and Frankie Trailer

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#25Grace and Frankie Trailer
Posted: 5/28/15 at 9:08pm

Sometimes I had trouble buying them even as friends.

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#26Grace and Frankie Trailer
Posted: 5/29/15 at 11:52am

I'm only loving Tomlin, so far. I want to love Fonda, but I find her character more annoying than funny and Fonda seems awkward.

The writing is just not very good. Sheen and Waterson are pretty terrible.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#27Grace and Frankie Trailer
Posted: 10/14/15 at 4:45pm

Just catching up on binge-watching this, so many months later.

It's worth it, just to see Lily Tomlin. Jane Fonda has many good moments, but virtually every Lily Tomlin moment is breathtaking in its aptness, its poignancy and its comic vision.

Also, June Diane Raphael (Jane Fonda's businesswoman daughter) is my new favorite thing. The episode with her and the dog  was the best non-Lily, non-Jane episode.

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#28Grace and Frankie Trailer
Posted: 10/14/15 at 7:49pm

I agree completely, PJ.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#29Grace and Frankie Trailer
Posted: 10/14/15 at 8:56pm

Agree, and will add that I loved the episode when they got stoned.

Literally made me laugh out loud.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#30Grace and Frankie Trailer
Posted: 10/14/15 at 8:58pm

I also recently binged this, and I think the problem is they tried structuring a dramedy like a sitcom. The sitcom pedigree of the creators had them relying on a lot of their bag of tricks, and as soon as it started getting too serious they would put a laugh in, like Frankie's on-again off-again hearing problem.

It got better as the season went on, but I kept thinking how much better Transparent found comedy as a drama, then this was able to land the drama as a comedy. Plus, the more they tried to expand into the other characters, they kept hitting running time issues that prevented them from exploring them further.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#31Grace and Frankie Trailer
Posted: 10/30/15 at 10:12pm

I wasn't happy with this show's first few episodes, and said so here. But I finally saw the last few episodes and it improved greatly as it went on.   

Videos