pixeltracker

Racist President and Selma- Page 4

Racist President and Selma

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#75Racism Stops With Me
Posted: 1/20/15 at 10:04am

"I ignored this film and WILL NOT SEE IT"

You could have save us all some time if you would have just said that first.

J_Jammer Profile Photo
J_Jammer
#76Racism Stops With Me
Posted: 1/20/15 at 10:15am

"You could have save us all some time if you would have just said that first."

You could have not posted.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#77Racism Stops With Me
Posted: 1/20/15 at 4:09pm

Is this the first thread started by GothamPC where, by the end, he isn't thought of as the crazy one?!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#78Racism Stops With Me
Posted: 1/21/15 at 1:57pm

America's chief moron weighs in...

"God bless our troops, especially our snipers.

Hollywood leftists: while caressing shiny plastic trophies you exchange among one another while spitting on the graves of freedom fighters who allow you to do what you do, just realize the rest of America knows you're not fit to shine Chris Kyle's combat boots.

May the epic "American Sniper" bring nothing but blessings to Taya and the children of this true American hero.

Thank you Bradley Cooper and Clint Eastwood for respecting the United States Military.

- Sarah Palin"

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#79Racism Stops With Me
Posted: 1/21/15 at 4:02pm

Was the thread with last nights epic meltdown deleted? Or am I just forgetting where to look?

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#80Racism Stops With Me
Posted: 1/21/15 at 4:13pm

It was deleted.

Honestly though you didn't miss anything new. It was just more pages of the same nonsense. Someone tries to engage with him in a rational conversation and he comes back with some non-sequitur, usually having to do with so and so being angry or whatever.

....but the world goes 'round

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#81Racism Stops With Me
Posted: 1/21/15 at 4:18pm

This has bled across so many threads, which one was considered the meltdown thread?! Racism Stops With Me

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
Wilmingtom
#83Racism Stops With Me
Posted: 1/26/15 at 7:38pm

I believe that last year's Oscar nominees and winners included more people of color than ever before. Do people think the complextion of the academy has changed that much in one year? I think it likelier that they vote for the work, not the race.

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#84Racism Stops With Me
Posted: 1/26/15 at 7:45pm

In somewhat related news, Benedict Cumberbatch apologizes after calling black actors 'Coloured'.
http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2015/jan/26/benedict-cumberbatch-apologises-after-calling-black-actors-coloured

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#85Racism Stops With Me
Posted: 1/26/15 at 7:47pm

"Do people think the complextion of the academy has changed that much in one year? I think it likelier that they vote for the work, not the race."

Let's not muddy up a conversation about racism with things like facts.

Reginald Tresilian
#86Racism Stops With Me
Posted: 1/26/15 at 8:22pm

Well, the original conversation was about how watching a film about MLK the weekend of MLK Day made our president racist.

But okay.

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#87Racism Stops With Me
Posted: 1/26/15 at 8:42pm

Thanks for sharing that article, Reginald.

Slightly a tangent, but Glenn Beck (say what you will-he is a pretty regular patron of/pays attention to the arts) postulates that Selma didn't get much Oscar love (comparatively) because it portrays LBJ, whom Beck calls the "progressive hero of the 60s" in a negative light.

Oh, and, pertaining to the original topic, do the movies shown by the President at the White House really matter, in light of other issues the world is facing?

Reginald Tresilian
#88Racism Stops With Me
Posted: 1/26/15 at 8:45pm

Apparently it matters a great deal to some. But only as pertains to this president.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#89Racism Stops With Me
Posted: 1/26/15 at 8:45pm

I'm mesmerized by the comment made by bergers under that article about Cumberbatch.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#90Racism Stops With Me
Posted: 1/26/15 at 8:51pm

I've never visited Caucasia either.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Wilmingtom
#91Racism Stops With Me
Posted: 1/27/15 at 12:04am

A gentleman who worked closely with LBJ in his administration, and I wish I could remember his name, said that the movie was not so far off the mark in its depiction. Obviously they couldn't tell his entire story in a biopic about someone else.

Videos