Weekly SNL thread

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#200Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/3/12 at 5:23pm

Foo Fighters and Jeff Beck will be on as well.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#201Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/6/12 at 8:18am

The Little Brothers skit last night was brilliant.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#202Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/6/12 at 1:06pm

REALLY disappointed there was no Shy Ronnie.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#203Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/6/12 at 1:15pm

Rhianna refuse to do it. She also refused to do dress rehearsal.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#204Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/6/12 at 2:10pm

I'm surprised no one is on here flipping out that Eli Manning referred to the Cats soundtrack.

ChenoKahn Profile Photo
ChenoKahn
#205Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/6/12 at 2:59pm

Well it was mocking that he knew nothing about New York or anything to do with it ( Broadway, restaurants,etc.).

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#206Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/6/12 at 3:19pm

I thought he was awkward and cute. I loved the courtroom sketch and "What Is This?".

But seriously, SNL, enough with the damn celebrity "surprise guests". It's a cheap way to get a false reaction from the audience and is exactly the kind of Carol Burnett-type stunt that SNL was originally reacting against. Stop!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

FindingNamo
#207Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/6/12 at 3:27pm

I agree it was what they originally were reacting against, but then they found the value in returning sketches, the occasional crack-up, and now celeb cameos. I don't mind them, because they remind the world that SNL is an institution.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#208Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/6/12 at 3:41pm

The cameos would be more effective if they were rarer, I think. Like Barbara Streisand's appearance in Coffee Talk. A true surprise.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

supportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
#209Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/6/12 at 5:09pm

^Kad- that one was a CLASSIC! I was watching that night and absolutely loved it!

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#210Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/6/12 at 6:14pm

That was one of the best SNL cameos ever.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl1qk9_saturday-night-live-coffee-talk_fun

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#211Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/6/12 at 7:18pm

"But seriously, SNL, enough with the damn celebrity "surprise guests". It's a cheap way to get a false reaction from the audience and is exactly the kind of Carol Burnett-type stunt that SNL was originally reacting against. Stop"

Ironically when I was making a drive back from New York, I went back into Julie Klausner's podcast with Mike Sacks about pet peeves and this came up because for Sacks, SNL was established as above that and how it is so PR coordinated. The Streisand walk-on holds up well imo, since I still get a chuckle out of it despite just knowing about it than actually watching it when it happened.

I thought Eli did good. Little Brothers sketch may go over the head of non-football fans, but there is still this issue with him vs. Peyton in the eyes of football talking heads that at this point is exhausting, grasping at straws.

Glad people now know how goofy-awkward he truly is and that he is also game for anything. Surprised they did not play up Taran Killam as Tebow beyond the motion capture stuff. Since he's new to New York it felt like it could have been monologue material.

beautywickedlover
#212Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/6/12 at 7:40pm

I enjoyed Eli as a host. This was definitely not one of the best episodes, but I liked it. Plus, I re-watched the Channing Tatum episode the week prior and his Matthew McConaughy impression was very funny.

Updated On: 5/6/12 at 07:40 PM

beautywickedlover
#213Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/18/12 at 1:58pm

I really enjoyed having Ferrell back as host last week and it was also great to see Ana Gasteyer again. However, I was disappointed that they did not do 'Celebrity Jeopardy'. I'm looking forward to seeing how Mick Jagger does as host tomorrow.

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#214Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/18/12 at 3:07pm

I don't know. We'll have to see. Kristin Wiig does her best in the promos to make Mick look funny.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/snl-promo-mick-jagger/1402021/

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/snl-promo-mick-jagger-and-friends/1402237

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-

Jordan Catalano
#215Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/18/12 at 3:54pm

The Ferrell episode started off so strong but decline FAST. For what's been a particularly strong season, this was one of the worst episodes in recent memory.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#216Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/18/12 at 6:33pm

Kristen will be in every sketch this week, it being her last show, oh Joy!

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#217Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/18/12 at 7:10pm

What?! I did not know this was Kristen's last show. Damn! Although, I am not surprised. She has been on the show for years and can easily do film and move on to other projects. Still, I hate seeing cast members I have grown to love leave the show.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#218Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/18/12 at 7:18pm

Yep hers, Sedakis' and Sandberg's.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#219Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/18/12 at 7:22pm

Anyone know where I can get the sheet music to "Dammit, Pam"?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#220Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/18/12 at 7:58pm

Bill Hader is also leaving. Four MAJOR cast members leaving.

http://www.mercurynews.com/tv/ci_20636116/snl-season-ends-signs-coming-shift

Jordan Catalano
#221Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/18/12 at 8:01pm

I hope he gives us one more Stefon and Alan Alda.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#222Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/18/12 at 10:18pm

Aww, I loved Bill Hader. Jason Sudeikis is my other favorite. Hopefully some new and fresh talent will be coming in and be great.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#223Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/18/12 at 10:54pm

Don't be surprized if Jason remains on until early Nov.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#224Saturday Night Live!
Posted: 5/20/12 at 12:00am

Let me be the first to say I can't remember a better host than Mick Jagger. I am LOL ing. That guy is hysterical, and I haven't seen him looking at a cue card yet! O.M.G.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Videos