pixeltracker

This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!

This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#1This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 3/21/12 at 2:50pm

It's nice to know that Hollywood can still produce a product that will make little gay boys everywhere sit up in their seat and think, "A glamour bitch bedecked with jewels! THIS is my destiny!"
SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN...actually looks like fun

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#2This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 3/21/12 at 3:33pm

I agree.I was not expecting much but the trailer really surprised me and it looks like it might be a lot of fun. Looks better than MIRROR MIRROR. Between This film and Prometheus I think Charlize is going to have a very good summer.

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#2This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 3/22/12 at 12:47pm

The extended preview is pretty fab.
Tiny Bob Hoskins!

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#3This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 3/22/12 at 12:58pm

"I will give this wretched werrld the QUEEN it deserrves!"

I mean...who hasn't felt like that from time to time?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#4This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 3/22/12 at 2:05pm

This does look like fun, but in what world is Kristen Stewart more beautiful than Charlize Theron?

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#5This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 3/22/12 at 2:26pm

She has inner beauty..or something.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#6This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 3/22/12 at 2:28pm

And, to be fair, they say that she will surpass her. At some later date. Probably after a few surgeries and a sandwich.

Those dwarves are talented.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#7This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 3/22/12 at 3:32pm

This movie looks so fantastic and it seems to be a great antidote against the awful MIRROR, MIRROR (the more footage I see, the more embarrassing it looks). Theron is such a brilliant actress, her turn in YOUNG ADULT is one of the most underrated performances of last year, but I think both PROMETHEUS and this film will get her the kind of notices she deserves. She looks completely evil and 100% committed to the role. I agree though that the casting of Kristen Stewart as Snow White is a huge turn off and there's no way she's more beautiful than Theron who's known for being one of the most stunning women working in Hollywood right now. But the effects look fantastic, the tone seems to be just right, and it looks like it'll be a hell of a performance from Charlize Theron.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#8This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 3/22/12 at 4:42pm

Did anyone see the Top Chef episode from this season where they had to cook a 7 course meal for Charlize Theron and judges based on what the Evil Queen would want?

It was a good hour of television!

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#9This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 3/22/12 at 6:24pm

Charlize's appearance on Top Chef made up for what was a joke of a season. Very good critiques, funny and seemed like good company.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#10This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 3/22/12 at 7:18pm

Stewart fairer than Theron?

The mirror lies.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#11This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 3/22/12 at 7:22pm

Charlize Theron IS Between Two Ferns

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#12This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 3/22/12 at 8:43pm

You can get a contact 420 buzz off of a lot of Charlize interviews. Same goes for KStew, actually.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#13This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 3/22/12 at 9:14pm

God how I love Charlize. I think she's my favorite actress at the moment.

And the movie looks pretty good.

Somehow it's the only wide release on June 1st, and has a far berth from the other May tentpoles. It could be a surprise hit.

The challenge will be to definitively differentiate itself from Mirror Mirror. If that movie is a awful as it looks people may not be clamoring for another 2 hours with this fairytale.

....but the world goes 'round

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#14This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 5/30/12 at 4:17pm

Charlize & KStew lookin' faboo

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#15This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 5/30/12 at 4:54pm

Oooh! This looks great!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#16This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 5/30/12 at 5:07pm

I've seen candids of Charlize without make up and she looks stunning without even trying. Saw her on Ellen last week and she is just beautiful, inside and out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiKJLvHqhWk

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#17This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 5/31/12 at 5:03pm

Dave Poland's review (light spoilers)

beautywickedlover
#18This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 6/2/12 at 4:09pm

The film made $20.3 million in its first day. I wasn't expecting that number. I guess Chris Henmsworth is a box-office draw. I really like Charlize Theron also, but I don't know if I will go see this. The only time I've ever enjoyed Kristen Stewart's acting was in 'Adventureland'. Other than that film I've always found her to be very bland and robotic.

Box office update: 'Snow White and the Huntsman' leads with $20.3 mil on Friday; 'The Avengers' becomes third biggest movie of all time

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#19This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 6/2/12 at 8:40pm

I saw Snow White this morning and loved it. Stunning effects, locations and costumes. Charlize is lots of fun, but her part is pretty small. Basically everything you see in the trailer is what you get in the movie. That awesome scream from the trailer where it looks like she is shattering glass wasn't in the film though...

Stewart was more than fine in the title role. The movie reminded me of a Lord of the Rings type epic. My audience seemed to really like it too. Mirror Mirror was a disastrous mess. This is how it should be done.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#20This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 6/2/12 at 11:00pm

I saw the film today and really enjoyed. Its long and slow at parts, but I like films that take their time and leave spaces for just taking them in. It's a well told fable with some stunning effects. (The Sanctuary blew my mind.)

Stewart has to be the flattest actress going but I think she is somehow trademarking her brand of "goth" acting and the teens seem to like it. I would have liked Snow a little more emotional. However, as my friend pointed out, she's a survivor of intense trauma (at least in this version), so her emotions may be a little in check.

Charlize was great, but the part is small. I was also sad that the scream never happened in the film.

It has an epic LOTR feel and there will def be a sequel. It's a fun trip to the movies. I do think a lot of people will find it dull though. Critics are really divided on this one.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#21This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 6/3/12 at 12:58am

This this on Friday, and I really liked it. I thought some parts dragged on a bit, but other than that it was a beautiful film. The special effects and scenery were gorgeous. Charlize Theron was perfect for the role, and I loved her costumes. This was so much better than Mirror Mirror which was just an atrocious mess of a film.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

beautywickedlover
#22This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 6/7/12 at 8:29pm

I just got back from seeing this film. It was a little slow in parts, but it was very entertaining and visually stunning. Theron was an excellent villain. I enjoyed Hemsworth, but I felt he was better in 'Thor' and 'The Avengers'. Stewart was actually decent.

Updated On: 6/7/12 at 08:29 PM

beautywickedlover
beautywickedlover
#24This summer...Get Ready to Root For Charlize!!
Posted: 12/21/12 at 2:15pm

And now Kristen Stewart confirms that she will return but Rupert Sanders will not.

Kristen Stewart Confirmed for Snow White and the Huntsman Sequel

Videos