MAD MEN

wonkit
#1MAD MEN
Posted: 3/25/12 at 7:49pm

The new season starts tonight with a two hour episode, 9 - 11 EDT. I totally dropped out last season but I will see if tonight's story gets back on track.

thetinymagic2 Profile Photo
thetinymagic2
#2MAD MEN
Posted: 3/25/12 at 7:59pm

Oh thanks for the reminder. Who the hell can remember the plot from 2 yrs. ago??? I luuuuuuuve it, though.

http://gothamist.com/2012/03/24/the_mad_men_season_5_premiere_drink.php

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#2MAD MEN
Posted: 3/25/12 at 8:09pm

There was a great discussion about the show on Charlie Rose the other night, with four of the cast (Jon Hamm, January Jones, Christina Hendricks and Vincent Kartheiser), Matthew Weiner and Gayle King.

You can watch it here

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

thetinymagic2
#3MAD MEN
Posted: 3/25/12 at 10:03pm

Zoobi Doobi Doo! (this is why this show is so brilliant!)

"3 idiots"

Updated On: 3/25/12 at 10:03 PM

wonkit
#4MAD MEN
Posted: 3/26/12 at 4:51am

Am I the only one who was not impressed with the writing (again)? Is John Hamm intentionally walking around all glassy eyed like an escapee from the LIVING DEAD? There was one moment when it felt like it might just break out of the soap opera mood and that was when Don's new wife referred to him as "Dick Whitman." The curse of Season Five - everyone seems like a caricature of the person they were in Seasons One and Two. Big disappointment for me.

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#5MAD MEN
Posted: 3/26/12 at 10:24am

I'm torn. i'm happy it is back, because I love this world and these characters, but then again, I wasn't overly impressed with the return. Megan's craziness at the end could make things interesting if she keeps it up. Everyone else (other than Joan, who just always kicks ass) were just kinda blah.

Favorite scene - Lane and Joan in his office.

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#6MAD MEN
Posted: 3/26/12 at 10:43am

Zou bisou bisou
Zou bisou bisou, mon Dieu qu'ils sont doux
"Zou bisou bisou"

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#7MAD MEN
Posted: 3/26/12 at 10:46am

With video of Sophia Loren
What was the song that Megan Draper sang on Mad Men?

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#8MAD MEN
Posted: 3/26/12 at 10:57am

MAD MEN

wonkit
#9MAD MEN
Posted: 3/26/12 at 11:03am

SPOILER

Megan cleaning the apartment in her black lace underwear? I guess we know how Matthew Weiner thinks.

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#10MAD MEN
Posted: 3/26/12 at 11:09am

I liked this episode. It was sexy and fun.

**SPOILERS**

I loved the 'Joan takes Kevin to the office' moment. Made for great dynamics from Peggy, to Pete and Peggy with the baby, and finally to Roger.

Lane and Joan are great together as I think that is the only normal female relationship he is having. What goes on in that man's head is a mystery to me.

Don and Megan seem to have an um... unspoken, unofficial agreement with exactly what their relationship is but they definitely know what gets the others attention when it is just one on one.

I think Don kinda ruined Megan for the kids. The brief scene of Sally seeing Megan laying on the bed made me think that girl is still looking for a mother.

One of my favorite little moments was when Don kissed Gene and Sally but for Bobby #4 they just shook hands. I think that was Bobby #4's first scene with Jon Hamm.

I like that Megan knows. Regurgitating the Dick Whitman revelation at this point in every one of Don's relationships is tiresome. Now if he ever tells Peggy, then I will be upset if it happened off-camera.

Roger seemed on a roll in this episode. I wonder what is the reason for him carrying that much cash. Is it to make sure Jane can never find out that he is giving gifts to Joan's baby?

I am a bit concerned about Pete's mental health. Harry has officially become the show's jackass. Peggy seems married to the job but I am glad she is still with Abe on some level.

Next week seems to go into what Betty and Henry are up to since the last episode. Weiner shot out of order with 11 episodes when January Jones was available due to her pregnancy.

Updated On: 3/26/12 at 11:09 AM

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#11MAD MEN
Posted: 3/26/12 at 11:31am

I liked that there was a lot of black this episode! It's something that has mostly bubbled under the surface on this show...but it's going to be interesting to see how SCDP become integrated.

And who didn't love the lady boy at the party? Who was he? It was fascinating to see him in the Draper millieu...due, I'm sure, to Megan's French Canadian actressy ways!

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#12MAD MEN
Posted: 3/26/12 at 2:26pm

I'm so glad the show is back, even if the first episode was just a little disappointing. Nice to see MJ from Desperate Housewives double-jobbing as Bobby #4.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

blueroses
#13MAD MEN
Posted: 3/26/12 at 3:29pm

I thought the episode was fabulous.

I got a kick out of the "baked bean ballet." I know how those meetings go. Funniest scene was between Roger and Harry.

"So is this every month?"
"Get out of my office."

John Slattery had the best lines of the night. I'm loving the relationship between Joanie and Lane.

Hard to believe that toddlers really sat in the front seat!

blueroses
#14MAD MEN
Posted: 3/26/12 at 3:57pm

And (although it's totally unrealistic) I'd love to see Sal return somehow.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#15MAD MEN
Posted: 3/26/12 at 5:11pm

The plotlines were really nice and clever dialogue, but I was too distracted by Jon Hamm being so damn beautiful.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#16MAD MEN
Posted: 3/29/12 at 7:15pm

What was with the close up of the baby balls?!

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

thetinymagic2
#17MAD MEN
Posted: 4/3/12 at 1:07am

Who's that new character - the one Peggy hired? (The always stereotypical jewish person). There WAS one great line about it, though; something like "Everybody's got one now...." (lol). I think Roger uttered it....

SonofRobbieJ
#18MAD MEN
Posted: 4/3/12 at 11:23am

He's the new Peggy! It should be fascinating!

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#19MAD MEN
Posted: 4/3/12 at 12:40pm

I hate to admit it, seeing Betty fat is like going back to your high school reunion and seeing your tormentor being a major screw up (and also fat) in its satisfaction. I think she is too lethargic/depressed to even hate on Sally.

Michael Ginsburg is the name of the new copywriter. Seeing as how there was a formal press release for the actor appearing, I am guessing he is not just going to be around for the Heinz account. Peggy is going to lose her sanity between dealing with Megan-Don, Michael, and Abe. Her and Rizzo are practically buddies now. That said, the recent cordial friendship between her and Roger could be really great.

SonofRobbieJ
#20MAD MEN
Posted: 4/3/12 at 12:52pm

Wait. Fat Betty is the BEST. She doesn't even get the sympathy of having cancer! I friggin love this show.

blueroses
#21MAD MEN
Posted: 4/3/12 at 9:55pm

Fat Betty was great. I have a huge crush on the cute new copywriter. Ben Feldman is adorable! Wonder how long Abe will last now that Peggy's around some fresh brisket.

thetinymagic2
#22MAD MEN
Posted: 4/4/12 at 12:33am

mmm! 4 days till brisket.

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#23MAD MEN
Posted: 4/4/12 at 5:50am

Fat or thin, January Jones can't act her way out of a wet paper bag. It just brings the whole thing down for me.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

MotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
#24MAD MEN
Posted: 4/4/12 at 7:50am

I agree.

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!

Videos