pixeltracker

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5- Page 7

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#150RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/12/13 at 5:28pm

See? The one week I skip Untucked because the interwebs ain't playin' fair...

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#151RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/12/13 at 7:29pm

I'll be real and admit that when RoXy had her breakdown onstage I burst out laughing. I mean, I was laughing my ass off the entire time and honestly, I didn't know why. It was just SO over the top hysterical that it made me LOL 4 realz.

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#152RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/12/13 at 8:00pm

Roxxy was calculating enough to pre-plan the double wig, knowing she would be in the bottom two. I have no doubt she'd be calculating enough to use a crying fit to manipulate Ru. I believe the story came out naturally and innocently in the lounge. Then when the moment of truth came, just before the elimination verdict, it occurred to her she could use that fresh emotion to pull out a breakdown moment.

I mean seriously, of all the moments in the show...weeks and weeks of 10 hour days of filming with nothing but bitchy attitude and suddenly she has her big "Mama left me at the bus stop" moment at the exact time where it would do her the most good? RoXy's sellin' it but Scallion's not buyin' it.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#153RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/12/13 at 8:07pm

I couldn't agree more artscallion.

artscallion
#154RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/13/13 at 3:49pm

If this girl don't win, the whole competition is a sham. Of course I already know it's a sham...but still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMWG593s2aQ

TheLadyoftheWood Profile Photo
TheLadyoftheWood
#155RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/13/13 at 4:13pm

@artscallion See I took Roxxy's having a second wig under the larger one as a bump-it type of thing. I have seen many queens wear one wig to make their hair-line seem more natural and bump up their second wig.

JerseyGirl2
#156RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/13/13 at 4:37pm

Not a chance. The wig underneath was as flat as a board and super attached to her head. She knew she was going to be flipping her hair back and forth and planned accordingly.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

choitoy Profile Photo
choitoy
#157RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/13/13 at 7:40pm

I seriously thought Alyssa was going home, and that RoXy had it in the bag to be safe. But then after RoXy's breakdown after the lipsync, though a little surprised that no one got sent home, thinking about it later, it kinda made sense. It would be hard to kick anyone off after that whole talk of abandonment issues. So in a sense, I think RoXy helped save Alyssa.

And Alyssa really needs to go soon. I don't think that she's that pretty, she can be fairly mean spirited, and the only think worse than when your jokes fall flat (like RoXy's), is when they fall flat, but you still laugh at your own jokes anyway.

Xanadu! Can't cry on cue!

JerseyGirl2
#158RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/14/13 at 4:58am

So, anyone get the impression that Jinkx may have been stacking the deck a bit from the beginning? Seeing her performances online and her makeup elsewhere, it feels a bit like she may have staged herself as the underdog. I have a feeling she knew she wouldn't be an instant favorite, so she started a few steps back so she would show room for improvement. Jinkxy seemed so far behind many of the others when it came to the look. Then, with the vast improvement in both outfit and makeup this week, methinks it may have been a brilliant plan all along. She has moved into my favorite spot where I was firmly Team Detox before.

artscallion
#159RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/14/13 at 7:04am

I suspect you may be right. And, real or not, if she didn't start out with her act together in the beginning, she's certainly put it together since then...if this current pic she just posted on her facebook page is any indication...
[IMG]RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5

JerseyGirl2
#160RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/14/13 at 7:13am

I saw that! Stunning! Manila Luzon said, "Hmmm, maybe she's been using that lifetime supply of whatever cosmetic company is sponsoring this years show..." or something similar.

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#161RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/14/13 at 11:17am

If that's the case, I'm more firmly Team Jinkx than ever before!!! GENIUS!

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#162RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/14/13 at 1:13pm

"... I think RoXy helped save Alyssa."

I think Alyssa was going to be told "Shante you stay" and RoXy to "Sashe away" but Ru didn't have the heart to do it after RoXy's meltdown and that whole discussion that they were now her family and that they love her. It would have seemed heartless to send RoXy home after that. Not only that...there had already been a double elimination so there was room in the season schedule for them to have a non-elimination episode. It just took the right two pair of queens to make it happen.

TheLadyoftheWood Profile Photo
TheLadyoftheWood
#163RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/15/13 at 11:39am

I have always wondered if some of the queens who hate each other on television actual harbor the same intense hatred off screen. I feel like as a public audience we tend to hate the people who hate our favorites more than the actual people hate each other, i.e. Sharon/Phi-Phi, Raja/Shangela, Tyra/Tatianna.

Just came across this when I checked my email and thought it would be a cute read for all. I must admit I was not a fan of Jinx before the season started, but she has grown on me. Although I still think that RoXy wins this Season I would not mind seeing her or CoCo take the crown.

http://www.newnownext.com/jinkx-monsoon-roXy-andrews-fight-letter/03/2013/

JerseyGirl2
#164RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/19/13 at 6:14pm

I haven't finished the episode, but while some of the queens seem to improve every week, Ivy just gets worse. I don't get it.

Ooooooh, Joan Van Ark needs to kuh-wit! "No T, no shade, hunty?"

Updated On: 3/19/13 at 06:14 PM

Jordan Catalano
#165RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/19/13 at 6:22pm

Alaska owned that perfume ad!

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#166RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/20/13 at 10:22am

Alaska and Jinkx definitely had the best ones.

After Coco's behavior during Untucked this week I have decided that I am officially over her. She is a victim from the word go. She was so unnecessarily nasty to Jinkx.

Updated On: 3/20/13 at 10:22 AM

SonofRobbieJ
#167RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/20/13 at 10:46am

I think they just cannot handle that Jinkx seems to have actually come up with a game plan to win this whole thing. And it's making them nuts. When one of the queens said something along the lines of 'Maybe we should have held back at the beginning,' I was all 'Nailed it, bitch.'

Oh, those poor, poor pageant queens.

Jordan Catalano
#168RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/20/13 at 12:05pm

I don't understand how RoXy has lasted as long as she has. And when she's in drag, what race is she supposed to be?

SonofRobbieJ
#169RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/20/13 at 12:21pm

She's Chaka Kahnese.

artscallion
#170RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/20/13 at 1:01pm

RoXy's was one antenna short of being the fifth teletubby with that last runway getup. Or as someone else said, "one fanny pack away from playing Fran Drescher's mother in The Nanny."

artscallion
#171RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/20/13 at 1:59pm

artscallion
#172RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/31/13 at 8:18pm

Jinkx Monsoon does Little Edie doing Les Mis last night in NYC.

I DREAMED A DREAM...HONESTLY.

Updated On: 3/31/13 at 08:18 PM

Jordan Catalano
#173RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/31/13 at 9:15pm

Jinkx Monsoon is the REAL MOTHAF*CKIN DEAL.

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#174RuPaul's Drag Race Season 5
Posted: 3/31/13 at 11:32pm

Wow. I bow to Jinkx Monsoon. I am not worthy.

Videos