pixeltracker

Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.- Page 10

Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#225Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/16/17 at 9:13am

CT2NYC said: "2 $189 seats, left orchestra row S 19 - 21, available on Telecharge for today's matinee, and an absolutely amazing $189 single seat, center mezzanine row A 111, available for this Saturday's matinee.

Center orchestra row J 103 - 104 also available for today's matinee, $229 each.

greenifyme2
#226Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/16/17 at 9:16am

Delete

Updated On: 8/16/17 at 09:16 AM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#227Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/16/17 at 9:22am

CT2NYC said: "CT2NYC said: "2 $189 seats, left orchestra row S 19 - 21, available on Telecharge for today's matinee, and an absolutely amazing $189 single seat, center mezzanine row A 111, available for this Saturday's matinee.

Center orchestra row J 103 - 104 also available for today's matinee, $229 each.

Right mezzanine row B 8, and left mezzanine row B 5 - 7 available for this Saturday night, $189 each. On Telecharge right now!

greenifyme2
#228Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/16/17 at 9:27am

CT2NYC said: "2 $189 seats, left orchestra row S 19 - 21, available on Telecharge for today's matinee, and an absolutely amazing $189 single seat, center mezzanine row A 111, available for this Saturday's matinee.

"Thank you so much- I just grabbed the single seat for Saturday!!!

I saw the show last night, bought a rush ticket 30 minutes before curtain. Have seen pretty much everything this theater season but figured Dolly was out of reach, so I didn't really pay attention to it. Decided super last minute to see what the fuss was last night. For $47 the seat would have been totally fine for most productions, but I missed a TON. Like 1/4 of the show everyone was laughing and I had no idea what was going on. Still had a good time, the cast was superb but found myself curious about Bette. And now I get to see her this Saturday from an amazing seat! Thank you CT2NYC!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#229Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/16/17 at 9:28am

Updated On: 8/16/17 at 09:28 AM

greenifyme2
#230Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/16/17 at 9:29am

CT2NYC said: "greenifyme2 said: "Just went to grab the Saturday Row A ticket and it's gone. Wow!

Sorry you missed it! That was definitely a premium seat at a non-premium price. The ones available for  Saturday night are also great choices, though.

"I misspoke! I literally just woke up and in my fogged daze I picked the wrong date. See above, I got it! Thanks again!!!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#231Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/16/17 at 9:34am

greenifyme2 said: "CT2NYC said: "2 $189 seats, left orchestra row S 19 - 21, available on Telecharge for today's matinee, and an absolutely amazing $189 single seat, center mezzanine row A 111, available for this Saturday's matinee.

I saw the show last night, bought a rush ticket 30 minutes before curtain. Have seen pretty much everything this theater season but figured Dolly was out of reach, so I didn't really pay attention to it. Decided super last minute to see what the fuss was last night. For $47 the seat would have been totally fine for most productions, but I missed a TON. Like 1/4 of the show everyone was laughing and I had no idea what was going on. Still had a good time, the cast was superb but found myself curious about Bette. And now I get to see her this Saturday from an amazing seat! Thank you CT2NYC!

Awesome! I thought you missed it! I sat in seat A 104, which is the equivalent seat on the other end of that row, and it's an amazing view. It'll be like you're seeing the show for the first time. Enjoy!

Your view will be similar to this one. I was 4 seats in from the right aisle, you'll be 4 in from the left.

http://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/73794/Shubert+Theatre/section-Mezzanine+Center/row-A/seat-104/

Updated On: 8/16/17 at 09:34 AM

greenifyme2
#232Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/16/17 at 9:41am

CT2NYC said: "greenifyme2 said: "CT2NYC said: "2 $189 seats, left orchestra row S 19 - 21, available on Telecharge for today's matinee, and an absolutely amazing $189 single seat, center mezzanine row A 111, available for this Saturday's matinee.

Awesome! I thought you missed it! I sat in seat A 104, which is the equivalent seat on the other end of that row, and it's an amazing view. It'll be like you're seeing the show for the first time. Enjoy!

Your view will be similar to this one. I was 4 seats in from the right aisle, you'll be 4 in from the left.

http://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/73794/Shubert+Theatre/section-Mezzanine+Center/row-A/seat-104/

"

Wowwwwwww. Looks perfect! How on earth was this available for $189?!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#233Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/16/17 at 9:56am

greenifyme2 said: "CT2NYC said: "greenifyme2 said: "CT2NYC said: "2 $189 seats, left orchestra row S 19 - 21, available on Telecharge for today's matinee, and an absolutely amazing $189 single seat, center mezzanine row A 111, available for this Saturday's matinee.

"

Wowwwwwww. Looks perfect! How on earth was this available for $189?!

I've given up trying to figure out Telecharge and their weird pricing. In any event, it was a steal, and I know you'll be blown away by how great the view is. After you see the show, please let me know what you thought!

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#234Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/16/17 at 11:00am

Just booked a last minute September weekend trip and was wondering when you have been seeing last minute seats show up at "reasonable" prices on Telecharge?  Hoping I can get lucky and grab a single seat to see Bette somehow!  Thanks for any tips!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#235Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/16/17 at 11:18am

NYfanfromCA said: "Just booked a last minute September weekend trip and was wondering when you have been seeing last minute seats show up at "reasonable" prices on Telecharge?  Hoping I can get lucky and grab a single seat to see Bette somehow!  Thanks for any tips!

It can vary from a few days before all the way up until the day of. For the weekend, start checking on Monday, and keep checking regularly. Lately, I've seen a lot of seats released the day before and the day of each performance, so don't lose hope if you have to wait until the last minute. Also, don't forget to uncheck the premium seating options. In my opinion, it's the easiest "impossible" ticket to get. 

Updated On: 8/16/17 at 11:18 AM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#236Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/16/17 at 11:26am

Quite a few great $229 orchestra seats available for Saturday's matinee, along with some $189 orchestra and mezzanine seats for Saturday night and Sunday. On Telecharge right now, and don't forget to uncheck the premium seating options!

Updated On: 8/16/17 at 11:26 AM

LxGstv
#237Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/16/17 at 7:25pm

Thanks for the updates CT2NYC, was able to get an orchestra seat for $189 this Saturday night! No more tickets for the matinee, but there was one left for $189 on Saturday night.

There were 4 $225 orchestra seats on Sunday, and 2 $189 mezzanine...

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#238Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/16/17 at 7:33pm

LxGstv said: "Thanks for the updates CT2NYC, was able to get an orchestra seat for $189 this Saturday night! No more tickets for the matinee, but there was one left for $189 on Saturday night.

There were 4 $225 orchestra seats on Sunday, and 2 $189 mezzanine...

You're quite welcome. Enjoy!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#239Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/17/17 at 12:04am

Seats currently available on Telecharge for Bette performances:

Sunday 8/20 - Orchestra seats J 8 and L 5-7, $229 each

Friday 8/25 - Mezzanine seat B 8, $189

Saturday 8/26 8:00 p.m. - Orchestra seat R 23, $189 and Mezzanine seats J 2-4, $159 each

Sunday 8/27 - Orchestra seat M 12, $189 and orchestra seat L 7, $229

Saturday 9/2 8:00 p.m. - Mezzanine seat F 10, $189

Updated On: 8/17/17 at 12:04 AM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#240Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/17/17 at 12:16am

CT2NYC said: "NYfanfromCA said: "Just booked a last minute September weekend trip and was wondering when you have been seeing last minute seats show up at "reasonable" prices on Telecharge?  Hoping I can get lucky and grab a single seat to see Bette somehow!  Thanks for any tips!

It can vary from a few days before all the way up until the day of. For the weekend, start checking on Monday, and keep checking regularly. Lately, I've seen a lot of seats released the day before and the day of each performance, so don't lose hope if you have to wait until the last minute. Also, don't forget to uncheck the premium seating options. In my opinion, it's the easiest "impossible" ticket to get. 

UPDATE: Some non-premium tickets are currently available for Bette performances up to 10 days in advance, so you'll probably want to expand your search window to a couple of weeks before your trip. Random seats keep popping up, so I think there's a good chance you'll find a single, if you keep checking Telecharge.

greenifyme2
#241Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/17/17 at 12:29am

CT2NYC - You should track your findings and create some sort of chart. I bet it'd be fascinating!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#242Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/17/17 at 12:39am

greenifyme2 said: "CT2NYC - You should track your findings and create some sort of chart. I bet it'd be fascinating!

I think a chart would show that there's absolutely no pattern at all. It's so random! 

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#243Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/17/17 at 2:11am

CT2NYC said: "NYfanfromCA said: "Just booked a last minute September weekend trip and was wondering when you have been seeing last minute seats show up at "reasonable" prices on Telecharge?  Hoping I can get lucky and grab a single seat to see Bette somehow!  Thanks for any tips!

"

Thank you so much for the advice!  Trip is September 15, so I should start stalking Telecharge just after Labor Day.  I did something similar when Hamilton was in SF...visited the site often until $199 center orchestra seats showed up and grabbed them.  But there was sort of a pattern there, so I only had to check a few times a day. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#244Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/17/17 at 9:19am

CT2NYC said: "Seats currently available on Telecharge for Bette performances:

Saturday 8/26 8:00 p.m. - Orchestra seat R 23, $189 and Mezzanine seats J 2-4, $159 each

FYI, all of these seats are still available on Telecharge.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#245Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/17/17 at 10:23am

I'll be in F14 on Saturday evening. Does anyone know if there's an issue with the balcony overhang from that row?  Thanks.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Flowerlovestage5 Profile Photo
Flowerlovestage5
#246Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/17/17 at 4:02pm

DottieD'Luscia said: "I'll be in F14 on Saturday evening. Does anyone know if there's an issue with the balcony overhang from that row?  Thanks."

You should have no problem as far as the balcony overhang is concerned. I sat 2nd row Mezz, however, I observed the rows at intermission and decided that I would not sit any higher than row F, to avoid any major obstruction from the balcony.

Hope that helps.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#247Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/17/17 at 4:18pm

Thank you!

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Debbie77
#248Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/17/17 at 6:51pm

CT2NYC said: "CT2NYC said: "Seats currently available on Telecharge for Bette performances:

FYI, all of these seats are still available on Telecharge.

"Thanks!!!!!  Grabbed the 8/27 tix.

greenifyme2
#249Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/19/17 at 5:31pm

CT2NYC - Just got out of Dolly with Bette.

You were right- the seat was perfect. Fantastic view. Also from that angle I was way less scared about the actor's falling into the pit (from my side partial view on Tuesday I was terrified the whole time they were going to fall in!) The people around me all paid $300 each for their tickets but talked a good amount throughout, ugh. Little comments or repeating lines the actors just said. Super annoying.

Some thoughts- Donna is clearly a stronger, younger vocalist and she had great moments, but I didn't believe her as Dolly. Bette really was Dolly, and she made me smile, but often felt a little rushed.

I do wish it was possible to have had Tuesday's audience with Bette's performance. The audience today was OLD. Holy walkers. They only applauded for Bette. I had never been in a more reactive audience than on Tuesday- with love, strong applause and belly laughs for the entire cast. Such as the appearance of Gavin, Kate, and Beanie ad-libbed a line when Kate appeared behind her and got applause. I missed the little things like that and wished the rest of the cast had gotten the love they deserve. (No applause when the full company first came out for Sunday Clothes). Everyone was laughing so hard in Tuesday I really felt like I missed 1/4 of the show, and while it was nice to see the whole stage, I realized I didn't miss as much as I thought.

The part where Bette was dishing up the food was hilarious. She was throwing lettuce and dumplings into the pit. Seeing her descend from the staircase in the red dress was cool- I couldn't even see the top of the staircase on Tuesday.

Speaking of the 'dumplings'- does anyone know what they actually are made of? Both her and Donna fit like 20 in their mouths!

So basically my conclusion- Bette IS Dolly but try to go on a weeknight! And Donna is a perfectly fine sub if you can't see Bette because the rest of the cast is so stellar. The rush seat is not great but better than I thought it was.

glad I went :)

Videos