pixeltracker

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?- Page 10

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#225re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/24/09 at 9:55pm

"You told me not to respond to you, so DON'T respond to me. Why don't you call me more derogatory names, so I can report you to the moderators again.

Even ATC (a site with ACTUAL insiders) seems to believe this is more of wishful thinking right now."

I usually don't quote nonsense, but I shall make an exception now that someone wants to get personal in a public forum. Were I to call someone a name it would imply that what I was saying was untrue, and nothing I have said to you, ljay, is untrue as far as I can see.

Who introduced the Kate Winslet casting into this topic hmm? The casting ljay proposed contains three names I introduced into the casting suggestions that the producers have fielded and one need only look back through the hundreds of posts in this thread to see that.

Maybe I should keep my information to myself and let the naysayers, like ljay, ruin everyone's fun?

You can report whomever whenever but it is moot if it has no basis, though frankly I am not aware of what "reporting" even is (given the comments that can be found here, I assume something along the lines of a tattle-tail, Sue in CARRIE) and I have never been contacted by any of them in the nearly five years I have posted on this board so maybe I am not the one fantasizing. Or perhaps the "reports" fell on deaf ears (or wise ears).

Nonetheless, I am so glad to see others as excited about this wonderful news as I am! This could end up being the theatrical event of the decade.

I repeat, words are best eaten with some grains of salt.

P

P.S. I am sure Marc Shaiman, Jason Robert Brown, Anthony Rapp and Michael John LaChiusa appreciate not being considered "insiders" in the theatre community. Updated On: 6/24/09 at 09:55 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#226re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/24/09 at 10:02pm

"Were I to call someone a name it would imply that what I was saying was untrue, and nothing I have said to you, ljay, is untrue as far as I can see. "

You told me not to reply your posts, so why don't you take your own advice, and not reply to mine.
You were the one who made it personal by calling me a disgusting derogatory name, in another thread. Do it again, and I will gladly report you, again.

Keep acting like you know it ALL, you insider, you. It's quite amusing.
Updated On: 6/24/09 at 10:02 PM

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#227re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/24/09 at 10:02pm

...I believe I was the first person to suggest Winslet in this thread.

That being said, I agree with the majority here who believe the idea of her as Desiree will most likely end up as nothing but wishful thinking.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 6/24/09 at 10:02 PM

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#228re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/24/09 at 10:08pm

Yes, somthingwicked, indeed you were!

And what a wonderful suggestion it was!

I was just glad to relay the fact that Winslet is fielding the offer and has auditioned for the role and mentioned that a musical was the only thing she was considering now that she has taken a break from films after her self-perceived "overexposure" as she stated in this week's HELLO.

Also, the Lansbury rumor has been floating around for years and while I shan't take credit, I shall say that a producer friend of mine said that she is definitely the top choice at this point. Benanti was so impressive at the pre-Tony's that many of us were commenting on how wonderful she would be as either Anne or Charlotte and I believe I had suggested her for Anne while some else had suggester her for Charlotte (which I personally feel she is not as well-suited to).

Lansbury, Winslet and Benanti could be the most amazing female trio to tread the boards in decades.

P

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#229re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/24/09 at 10:10pm

"That being said, I agree with the majority here who believe the idea of her than Desiree will most likely end up as nothing but wishful thinking."

So, others agree with me, but the INSIDER has to attack me? I love it.

somethingwicked
#230re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/24/09 at 10:11pm

I'm confused, Pgenre.

So you're saying Winslet has not only auditioned but is fielding an actual offer for the role?

When I asked you about how you knew she was in the mix earlier, you elaborated on how she'd been seen by Sondheim before for other projects.

Just trying to get some clarification.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Updated On: 6/24/09 at 10:11 PM

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#231re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/24/09 at 10:16pm

As I am not intimately involved with the casting of the production, nor this show in general, I do not know if Winslet has auditioned for this production but I can confirm that Nunn, etc. have approached her and she is fielding the offer.

Her audition tape for SWEENEY (which is MAGNIFICENT and almost as brilliant as Collette's in my opinion) and her performance in the little-seen movie musical ROMANCE & CIGARETTES are more than enough proof that she can handle the musical requirements of this acting-stressed role.

The more I say the more I risk saying too much and irritating people whom, unlike some posters here, I respect.

... but there is little I know that I haven't told at this point, I can tell you that and this week is when, as far as casting is concerned, the fit hits the sham, as Mamet would say.

P

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#232re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/24/09 at 10:21pm

How does one go from an off-handed comment to a magazine that could mean ANYTHING ("What's next?" "Maybe a musical.") to she's currently fielding an offer??? That's quite a jump to make. If that's the only "source" we have, then it seems like it might be nothing more than wishful thinking at this point. I'd love for it to be true, and would be thrilled if it were, but we really don't know anything substantial at this point.

Pgenre, what is with your strange obsession with ljay? Why do you reference him, both directly and indirectly, in nearly every post in this thread? I don't get it.
Updated On: 6/24/09 at 10:21 PM

alightinthedark23 Profile Photo
alightinthedark23
#233re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/24/09 at 10:24pm

While Kate Winslet would be great, I also cannot help but feel it's just wishful thinking

"It's about the Benjamins, not the Bernsteins."-CapnHook

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#234re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/24/09 at 10:41pm

Adamgreer, he relentlessly contradicts everything I say in every thread in which he replies after I post something and it has just come to a head here, I suppose since it has happened once again. I really didn't even give it a thought until you mentioned it, just react when I am attacked which in looking back I now realize is almost exclusively solely the work of one individual.

What person of any worth doesn't have as many detractors as fans? re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?

Can't win 'em all, I suppose. If I were trying to, that is.

P

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#235re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/24/09 at 10:49pm

^ What is your issue? Where did I attack you?

Here is my post to you from this thread that started it all

^ Wait you're hoping this revival will spark another revival? That makes no sense, lol. Especially if this revival is a success, that won't happen.

How is that an attack? That gave you right to refer to me as female genitalia?
Absolutely disgusting. Updated On: 6/24/09 at 10:49 PM

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#236re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/24/09 at 11:08pm

You are what you eat.

Words...

Grains of salt....

...WHATEVER.

And I made no such inference.

I love the homage in the sign-off, keep it to add to my infamy, please!

Gee willikers! I've finally made it! I'm a star!

Anyway, who wants to start fantasy casting a BWW ALNM?

A Good Nightmare Comes So Rarely,
I'll Show You Yours If You Show Me Mine,
Pgenre

P.S. If "snark" is the supposed reference to female genitalia that I made than it shows ljay knows as much about British literature as he does about the female reproductive system. Though I think I know what word he is confusing it with and its a Guy Ritchie movie starring Brad Pitt. The confusion is understandable given the source.
Updated On: 6/24/09 at 11:08 PM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#237re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/24/09 at 11:33pm

And I made no such inference.

I actually distinctly remember the post where you did, because it was one of the first ones that got me thinking about this strange relationship you two seem to have. I assume the comment has obviously been deleted.

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#238re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/24/09 at 11:52pm

"What person of any worth doesn't have as many detractors as well as fans"

Why, Angela Lansbury, of course. I've only found two detractors in my life, and I have looked. :)

Feb. 28 - Looped, Feb. 28 - Next to Normal, March 4 - Hair, March 11 - A Little Night Music, March 24 - Time Stands Still, April 6 - La Cage Aux Folles, April 10 - Anyone Can Whistle (City Center), April 10 - Looped, May 9 - Enron, May 15 - A Little Night Music, May 15 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Little Night Music, June 20 - A Little Night Music, June 23 - Red, June 23 - Sondheim on Sondheim, July 13 - A Little Night Music, July 18 - The Grand Manner (Lincoln Center)

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#239re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/25/09 at 12:01am

Frankly, that's because she's been an old lady as long as most people on this board can remember.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#240re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/25/09 at 12:28am

Oh, I forgot about Leigh Ann Larkin, I love that she has been seen for the role and I most certainly hope she gets it, though I do think Heidi Blickenstaff would do a great job with the part and is really a great fit for it.
I do think Kate Jennings Grant who was the only lead worth of her role in the GUYS & DOLLS revival, would be impressive as Charlotte, especially since I consider A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC to be as much of a play as a musical in terms of the way it should be acted. Grant has mastered both. Of course it'll probably go to someone like Benanti (who could either be great in it or not, since I find it that her work highly depends on her directors), or Powers (whom I think would be fabulous and possibly Tony-worthy like her predecessor Patricia Elliot).
And really how wonderful and brilliant would it be if Benanti played Charlotte and Steven Pasquale played Carl Magnus? I mean, come on!

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

bwayfan7000
#241re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/25/09 at 12:29am

If it's Winslet, Benanti, Larkin and Lansbury, in the Kerr (a theatre I've never been to but really want to), I would have to figure out a way to see this. Even if those casting choices are wishful thinking.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

Doogie Profile Photo
Doogie
#242re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/25/09 at 3:00pm

Honestly, more than Lansbury, you know who I'd LOVE to see in this role?

Elizabeth Ashley. If you think about it, she'd be absolutely perfect.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#243re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/25/09 at 4:00pm

So people are content with A Little Night Music in which Desiree and Anne are pretty much the same age?

somethingwicked
#244re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/25/09 at 4:10pm

If they cast Anne in her "late teens to early twenties" as they've been looking to and cast Desiree in her "early thirties to early forties," that's hardly the same age.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#245re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/25/09 at 4:13pm

I was talking about Winslet and Benanti, the latter of which I think looks like the older of the two.

Byron Abens
#246re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/25/09 at 4:20pm

I personally would not want to see Laura Benanti as Anne in any production. I don't think she has ever read as eighteen onstage, even when she was eighteen. Don't get me wrong, I think she's a beautiful woman, but I've never seen the young, innocent naivete in her that Anne possesses.

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#247re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/25/09 at 4:22pm

I think she can pull it off. I bought her young in Gypsy.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#248re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/25/09 at 4:27pm

I'm inclined to agree with Phyllis on this one. I think Benanti could play Anne if they were casting an older Desiree. I'd love for her to be involved in this production, but I think she'd work better as Charlotte in this instance.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#249re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?
Posted: 6/25/09 at 4:28pm

Laura is only in the age range for Charlotte. I hope she is cast.

Videos