Disney's 'Frozen'

BroomstickBoy Profile Photo
BroomstickBoy
#250Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/29/13 at 9:40pm

At the twist, a big black dude who'd been on his phone for most of the movie said out loud : "What the WHAT?". And people gasped.

I found it funny.

I don't WANT to live in what they call "a certain way." In the first place I'd be no good at it and besides that I don't want to be identified with any one class of people. I want to live every whichway, among all kinds---and know them---and understand them---and love them---THAT's what I want! - Philip Barry (Holiday)

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#251Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/29/13 at 9:55pm

Yeah, at the twist, there was a huge, collective gasp from the audience.

RW3
#252Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/29/13 at 10:52pm

I kinda wish Frozen would be coming to Broadway instead of Aladdin. But I hope this movie is a blueprint for a Broadway adaptation.

degrassifan
#253Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/29/13 at 10:56pm

Just saw Frozen in 3D, and I really enjoyed it! So far, it is on par with both "The Princess and the Frog" and "Tangled" in my opinion. I will need to see it more times. I actually liked "Princess and the Frog" and "Tangled" equally, and I thought both movies were extremely good.

I was disappointed that there wasn't a finale song, something I thought Tangled was lacking as well. To me, no Disney musical is complete until there is a finale song. Shoot, even "Enchanted" had "Ever Ever After."

Updated On: 11/29/13 at 10:56 PM

robertsp Profile Photo
robertsp
#254Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/30/13 at 7:22am

"This movie restored my faith in Disney! Finally not another "woman spends 90 minutes looking for a man" Disney film!"

Finally? No animated Disney movie since The Little Mermaid has been about a woman looking for a man...

disneybroadwayfan22
#255Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/30/13 at 8:20am

^^Well, we had Giselle wanting her prince in ENCHANTED

robertsp Profile Photo
robertsp
#256Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/30/13 at 10:19am

I said animated movies, and that was live action with some animated scenes. And anyway, in Enchanted it was deliberated because the movie was a parody of the typical clichés about princesses and fairy tales, so it had sense. And at the end the roles were changed, I don't think it counts... Updated On: 12/2/13 at 10:19 AM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#257Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/30/13 at 10:34am

Enchanted was a parody of the "looking for a man" movies.

beautywickedlover
#258Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/30/13 at 11:11am

"This movie restored my faith in Disney! Finally not another "woman spends 90 minutes looking for a man" Disney film!"

Belle looked for something more specific than most Disney female leads and that was something greater than herself. It was not a prince or feet. It was actually something she could barely comprehend.

degrassifan
#259Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/30/13 at 12:57pm

Honestly, there are only three animated fairy tale movies where the heroine wanted a man: Snow White (her wish was for the one that she loves to find her), Sleeping Beauty (Pretty much Aurora's whole I want song, "I Wonder"), and The Little Mermaid to an extent (Ariel wanted to be human, but then saved Eric, so her goal became being human AND getting the prince. Getting a man wasn't her original and only goal).

Cinderella - wanted happiness and wanted to have a nice time at the ball. The prince was just an added bonus. She didn't even fall in love and want a man till the last 10 minutes of the film.

Belle - Wanted adventure

Jasmine - wanted to be free

Pocahontas - wanted adventure

Mulan - wanted to be someone her parents and people would be proud of

Tiana - wanted a restaurant

Rapunzel - wanted to see lights

By the way, didn't Anna want a man during the first 10 minutes of Frozen? At any rate, nothing wrong with wanting a man if that's your goal.

Jonwo
#260Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/30/13 at 6:48pm

Rapunzel's want was to see the world beyond the tower, most Disney lead character have a desire which drives the film. Aladdin wanted to prove he was more than just a street rat, Ralph wanted to prove he wasn't a bad guy. Hercules wanted to find his real parents and to become a hero etc

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#261Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/30/13 at 8:16pm

Caught this today with my 13 year old son. We were both thoroughly entertained, and, visually, this was absolutely stunning. While I figured out the "solution" ahead of time, I certainly didn't see the twist coming, nor did most of the audience!

A delight, truly.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#262Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/30/13 at 10:16pm

Here's my top 3 Disney films of the modern era (1967-present)

1. Beauty and the Beast (of course)
2. The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Frozen (with the latter edging Hunchback by a few things)
3. Tangled and The Little Mermaid (the latter is the better one)

BroadwayBenny Profile Photo
BroadwayBenny
#263Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 11/30/13 at 11:00pm

Those 5 are your top 3?

Pshh, my top 3 Disney films are

1. The Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, Sleeping Beauty
2. Hunchback, 101 Dalmatians, Alice in Wonderland, Beauty and the Beast
3. Aladdin, Tangled, Snow White, Fantasia, Mulan, Jungle Book, Peter Pan and The Gnome Mobile.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#264Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/1/13 at 1:27am

I saw this last night. I honestly thought that this is THE best Disney movie I have seen (and that includes the "Golden Age" Disney classics. The animation, the characters, the story, the music... Everything was just beautiful. Let It Go... As a gay man, I have never wanted to be a female cartoon character as badly as I wanted to be Elsa during that song. I have had the song on repeat ever since I saw the movie. SEE THIS MOVIE. I can not say enough great things about this movie.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#265Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/1/13 at 1:34am

My theater must have gotten a different cut of the movie because I just got home and that was b-a-d. The lyrics were weak, the animation looked like those CGI Tinker Bell movies and the whole story was a disjointed mess.

I loved Tangled and I enjoy most Disney films, but this one really felt sub-par. Idina sounded beautiful, but her voice did not match Elsa's physique. I really tried to hold in my laughter at some of the cheesier parts. I'm not talking Disney cheesy, I mean plain old sloppy dialogue.

I'm really disappointed in the Lopez's songs, as well. Except for "In Summer" and most of "Let It Go," the songs sounded like they were written for a Barbie commercial. /:

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#266Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/1/13 at 10:33am

Did anyone notice in the beginning when Kristoph and Sven went and followed them to the trolls, and the one troll was like "I think I'll keep you"....SHE DID. She kidnapped these two babys. Just pointing it out.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

alexandrialee09 Profile Photo
alexandrialee09
#267Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/1/13 at 11:24am

After Let It Go, a little girl behind me started to clap, but her dad told her that you don't clap in a movie theater. However, after In Summer the entire theater broke out into a huge applause. Then at the end, everyone in the theater was on their feet clapping, only a few people began to leave. The rest stayed through Demi's Let It Go.

disneybroadwayfan22
#268Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/1/13 at 12:23pm

Did anyone notice in the beginning when Kristoph and Sven went and followed them to the trolls, and the one troll was like "I think I'll keep you"....SHE DID. She kidnapped these two babys. Just pointing it out.

Yeah, glad I am not the only one who thought that. Everyone, including my brother, were laughing really hard, but I was creeped out and even somewhat disturbed by it.

There were some people trying to appulade in some "certain" parts, but failed. Updated On: 12/1/13 at 12:23 PM

degrassifan
#269Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/1/13 at 2:20pm

I just assumed Kristoff was an orphan before the troll "adopted" him, but it still confused me.

dramamama611
#270Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/1/13 at 2:48pm

Yes, he was already fending for himself.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

beautywickedlover
#271Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/1/13 at 6:53pm

This was the best animated movie I've seen all year. I loved the story and the music was simply wonderful. Excellent voice acting from everyone in the cast as well. The animation is beautiful too.

MAJOR SPOILER:

I thought it was very clever how the writers revealed Hans to be the true villain, especially since audience members, including myself, thought it was the Duke of Weselton, who was just really more like a Lefou or Mr. Smee.

"Cinderella - wanted happiness and wanted to have a nice time at the ball. The prince was just an added bonus. She didn't even fall in love and want a man till the last 10 minutes of the film.

Belle - Wanted adventure

Jasmine - wanted to be free

Pocahontas - wanted adventure

Mulan - wanted to be someone her parents and people would be proud of

Tiana - wanted a restaurant

Rapunzel - wanted to see lights"

Disney also added Merida, from 'Brave', to the lineup who also wanted to live free but break the spell on her mother.

Updated On: 12/1/13 at 06:53 PM

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#272Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/1/13 at 6:55pm

^ ^ Glad nobody has to be worried about that surprise twist anymore...

beautywickedlover
#273Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/1/13 at 6:57pm

^ I added the word SPOILER just to be safe.

dramamama611
#274Disney's FROZEN
Posted: 12/1/13 at 9:09pm

Yes, but since everyone else had been so careful NOT to mention it previously, that little word doesn't always do the trick: especially since there is no time/spacing with which to decide NOT to read on.

Why the need to spell it out at all?

Videos