pixeltracker

BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread - Page 11

BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Thread

OhHiii
#250BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/15/24 at 11:24am

inception said: "Woah! That dress. 👍

Too bad the show she's going into doesn't offer the same kinds of numbers for her to sing.
"

What are you even talking about? She gets to sing 2 of the most iconic female songs in musical theatre.

But like with Cynthia, he’s so outmatched by her. I’d rather hear Nicole sing this song with Cynthia. Now THAT would be iconic. She sounds fantastic unsurprisingly. 

Bette's Turban Profile Photo
Bette's Turban
#251BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/15/24 at 11:56am

inception said: "Woah! That dress. 👍

Too bad the show she's going into doesn't offer the same kinds of numbers for her to sing.
"

I don’t think anyone with half a brain will be disappointed with the songs she gets to sing in Sunset Boulevard. She really gives an incredible performance. One of the best things I have seen in my 60 years of theater going.

Updated On: 6/15/24 at 11:56 AM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#252BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/15/24 at 12:02pm

Exactly. God if you think that performance is good wait until you see Sunset. Truly one of the best things I have also ever seen - very vocally complex and acted. I really hope it will go down in history as one of the truly great women diva performances once it makes its way to Broadway. While her Tony chances are lessened because of Audra, if Audra doesn't top her career and Patti I think the Tony could easily go to Nicole. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

RUkiddingme
#253BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/15/24 at 2:30pm

Who will be Ben's final guest tonight?

I would have thought Audra doing the Happy Days/Get Happy duet would have been a great finale.

Guess we'll find out soon!

OhHiii
#254BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/15/24 at 2:36pm

I remain of the mind (but open to being surprised) that Audra’s vocal will hold her performance back for this particular role but we shall see! I’m so excited for this season.

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#255BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/15/24 at 8:29pm

The 5:00 show had Michaela Diamond and Shoshana Bean. Diamond flew in from LA for it and sang beautifully with him, while Shoshana just had a short stroll down the block between shows at Hell’s Kitchen, but oof, that was the lady who should’ve reopened the Palace! Her pipes!

That being said, Platt really did put on a beautiful show. It had a lot of heart, interaction with the audience and, of course, a lot of beautiful vocals too. He seems very happy in this phase of life and that joy spread through the audience. I know we can be haters on here, and the man isn’t perfect, but he loves theater and does it well. His pop stuff is very pretty too. He won me over at this show.

Phillyguy
#256BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/15/24 at 8:55pm

DramaTeach said: "The 5:00 show had Michaela Diamond and Shoshana Bean. Diamond flew in from LA for it and sang beautifully with him, while Shoshana just had a short stroll down the block between shows at Hell’s Kitchen, but oof, that was the lady who should’ve reopened the Palace! Her pipes!

That being said, Platt really did put on a beautiful show. It had a lot of heart, interaction with the audience and, of course, a lot of beautiful vocals too. He seems very happy in this phase of life and that joy spread through the audience. I know we can be haters on here, and the man isn’t perfect, but he loves theater and does it well. His pop stuff is very pretty too. He won me over at this show.
"

I was at the 5 pm show too. Completely agree with the sentiment above. Really enjoyed the show. He has great voice and you can feel the joy in the audience. 

theatergoer3
#257BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/15/24 at 9:22pm

I was wondering if he’d have Diamond for the final day. 

I saw the Wednesday night show and really enjoyed it. The Rent guest segment worked nicely and he did a very nice job with the rest. 

Palace looks gorgeous. 

BoringBoredBoard40
#258BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
Posted: 6/15/24 at 11:04pm

Snagged a rush ticket shortly before the 5pm today and ended up 4th row mezz

I was very underwhelmed by this. The fact it featured almost no Broadway material was really odd.

Glad I only paid $30

set was giving Lion King 

Videos