pixeltracker

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread- Page 113

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread

smidge2
#2800Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/18/23 at 6:37pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "I recently saw a picture of Max Von Essen and Jim Caruso (on IG) attending a performance of Chicago. It suddenly dawned on me that he would be a wonderful Billy Flynn. The possiblity never crossed my mind. Just saying. "

You’re right. He’d be absolutely perfect 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2801Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/18/23 at 6:46pm

In terms of younger Billy's, I'd love to see Max Clayton come in for the role.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2802Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/18/23 at 11:13pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oujzt-W06s8

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#2803Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/18/23 at 11:43pm

What's up with the removal of the settings that allowed pictures , links and gifs? I came across a video about Raquel Welch in Victor, Victoria. When I did that, the normal settings were there and I was able to make a video link.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)
Updated On: 2/19/23 at 11:43 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2804Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/22/23 at 12:10pm

Bianca is returning as Velma from March 13 - April 9 only.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2805Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/22/23 at 1:38pm

If the producers really wanted to surprise us, then they would announce J. Harrison McGee as Velma Kelly.  JHMG has had experience as Velma Kelly on two occasions with MUNY.  Still, if they announced Leigh Zimmerman as Velma Kelly,  I would LOVE to see her.  LZ was my first Velma Kelly ...St. Patrick's Day 2011 and again in November 2017.  I mean... Jasmine Guy would be an event.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

mar6411
#2806Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/22/23 at 1:47pm

J Harrison Ghee

And he's currently one of the leads in Some Like It Hot so I don't see this happening

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2807Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/22/23 at 3:52pm

I just want a new face for Velma already. At least we recently got Emma as Roxie. Maybe she'll return next month, too?

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2808Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/23/23 at 6:40am

Maybe Emma could return as Velma Kelly? Still, that is an unusually short stint for Bianca as Velma. I have mentioned this before in a post. There is an awful lot of untapped talent out there for potential Velmas. The producers should have a "Searching For Velma Kelly" soon.....STAT.

nativenewyorker2
#2809Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/23/23 at 7:39am

Am I making things up didn’t amra announce her stunt last fall was her last? But then she came back like 6 weeks later???

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2810Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/23/23 at 8:10am

nativenewyorker2 said: "Am I making things up didn’t amra announce her stunt last fall was her last? But then she came back like 6 weeks later???"

Amra came back to cover Lana's two week vacation. I hope she's done with the show. But then that only leaves Lana, Bianca and Leigh Zimmerman as the regular veteran Velmas until they decide to actually hire a new actress.

KMKJ
#2811Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/23/23 at 12:12pm

ACL2006 said: "But then that only leaves Lana, Bianca and Leigh Zimmerman as the regular veteran Velmas until they decide to actually hire a new actress."

I’m not sure I’d consider Zimmerman one of the “regular” Velmas at the Ambassador… but I would definitely add Terra MacLeod to your list.  It has been awhile but, I’d welcome her return.  MacLeod was consistent in firing on all cylinders.  Zimmerman I found to be rather sloppy and, well, beige.  

But ultimately, yes, here for someone NEW coming up that Velma-vator.  

Updated On: 2/23/23 at 12:12 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2812Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/23/23 at 12:16pm

MacLeod said after the last national tour (early 2019)wrapped up that she was done with the show.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2813Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/24/23 at 2:12pm

crying

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2814Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/25/23 at 9:28pm

James T Lane has extended his run as Billy through April 9.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2815Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/25/23 at 11:47pm

I wonder who's coming in as Roxie Hart on March 13th?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#2816Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/27/23 at 9:04am

Jinkx Monsoon has added 14 more performances, from March 16-26. 

Oh look, a bibu!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2817Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/27/23 at 9:06am

EDSOSLO858 said: "Jinkx Monsoon has added 14 more performances, from March 16-26."

So Jinkx won't be performing March 13 & 14?

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#2818Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/27/23 at 9:22am

ACL2006 said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Jinkx Monsoon has added 14 more performances, from March 16-26."

"

They are just showing the dates of her new extension. Not sure.

Actress, vocalist, and two-time "RuPaul's Drag Race" winner Jinkx Monsoon will extend her run in the role of Matron "Mama" Morton in Chicago for 14 more performances only. The additional performances run Thursday, March 16 through Sunday, March 26, at the Ambassador Theatre.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.
Updated On: 2/27/23 at 09:22 AM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#2819Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/27/23 at 10:10pm

Huss417 said: "ACL2006 said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Jinkx Monsoon has added 14 more performances, from March 16-26."

"

Actress, vocalist, and two-time "RuPaul's Drag Race" winner Jinkx Monsoon will extend her run in the role of Matron "Mama" Morton inChicagofor 14 more performances only. The additional performances run Thursday, March 16 through Sunday, March 26, at the Ambassador Theatre.
"

The show has two "Matron Mama Morton" understudies:  Celina Nightengale and Rachel Schur Chase.  

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#2820Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/27/23 at 10:31pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: " I mean... Jasmine Guy would be an event."'

...To whom would this be an event? While I know she's an accomplished actress of stage and screen, I doubt in the year 2023, her casting would be seen as an "event".

If you want some nostalgic "event" casting, get Sheryl Lee Ralph for a stint as Mama, or Molly Ringwald as Roxie, or Elizabeth Berkley as Velma, or NPH/Joseph Gordon-Levitt/Mario Lopez as Billy Flynn.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2821Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/28/23 at 5:18am

quizking101 said: "Patti LuPone FANatic said: "I mean... Jasmine Guy would be an event."'

...To whom would this be an event? While I know she's an accomplished actress of stage and screen, I doubt in the year 2023, her casting would be seen as an "event".

If you want some nostalgic "event" casting, get Sheryl Lee Ralph for a stint as Mama, or Molly Ringwald as Roxie, or Elizabeth Berkley as Velma, or NPH/Joseph Gordon-Levitt/Mario Lopez as Billy Flynn."

Funny story about Lopez playing Billy Flynn. When he did ACL on Broadway in 2008, he said he was offered the role but turned it down several times because he knows he can't sing. Consider that a blessing and he was horrendous as Zach in ACL.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#2822Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 2/28/23 at 12:11pm

ACL2006 said: "quizking101 said: "Patti LuPone FANatic said: "I mean... Jasmine Guy would be an event."'

If you want some nostalgic "event" casting, get Sheryl Lee Ralph for a stint as Mama, or Molly Ringwald as Roxie, or Elizabeth Berkley as Velma, or NPH/Joseph Gordon-Levitt/Mario Lopez as Billy Flynn."

Funny story about Lopez playing Billy Flynn. When he did ACL on Broadway in 2008, he said he was offered the role but turned it down several times because he knows he can't sing. Consider that a blessing and he was horrendous as Zach in ACL.

"

Good for him for knowing his limitations to an extent, but that’s never stopped anyone from collecting a paycheck from the show before.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2823Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/1/23 at 6:16pm

hearing Emma Pittman will relaunch the equity national tour when it goes back out in September. No clue about their Velma.

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#2824Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 3/1/23 at 9:55pm

Huss417 said: "ACL2006 said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Jinkx Monsoon has added 14 more performances, from March 16-26."

"

Actress, vocalist, and two-time "RuPaul's Drag Race" winner Jinkx Monsoon will extend her run in the role of Matron "Mama" Morton inChicagofor 14 more performances only. The additional performances run Thursday, March 16 through Sunday, March 26, at the Ambassador Theatre.
"

Per Telecharge, Jinkx will not be performing those two dates.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Videos