pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 127

Hamilton Cancellation Line

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#3150Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 3:36am

CercleRouge said: "Not sure why they are priced low. I'm going to go the theater before I pull the trigger on any StubHub tickets to verify who's on. I guess Daveed is out till Thursday. I can live without Daveed to be honest, he's not in any of my favorite songs. It wouldn't be worth it to me without Lin and Leslie though.

The first time I went to see the show the week Johnathan Groff was leaving, before I went to work, I swung by the theater to ask if anyone was scheduled off that day. The theater employees said to me Lin was back from vacation and that everybody should be in.  I asked again if anyone else was on vacation or scheduled off and the employees agreed that everyone should be in.  I buy the ticket 3 hours before curtain and when I get to the line to have my ticket scanned, the understudy board states Austin Smith for Washington and Andrew Chapelle for Mulligan/Madison.  BUMMER!  Chris Jackson and Oak were both on vacation.  I really enjoyed Andrew Chapelle.  I initially wasn't happy with seeing Austin as Washington but hearing him was great.  He doesn't have the stature Chris Jackson has on stage and in the role but he convinced me when he sang "One Last Time".  

Good luck CercleRouge in getting the golden ticket to the show.  I know that feeling of uncertainty and wondering if everyone you want to see will be in the show.

schubox
#3151Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 5:34am

CercleRouge said: "Not sure why they are priced low. I'm going to go the theater before I pull the trigger on any StubHub tickets to verify who's on. I guess Daveed is out till Thursday. I can live without Daveed to be honest, he's not in any of my favorite songs. It wouldn't be worth it to me without Lin and Leslie though.

"

After seeing it twice Daveed would probably be my #1 or #2 person I wouldn't want to miss. He's so charismatic. He gets better every time. Chris Jackson would be up there too. And Leslie.

Liza's Headband
#3152Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 5:52am

CercleRouge said: "ClumsyDude15 said: "Leslie hosted and was part of the Wawa Welcome America concert down here in the Philadelphia area for the 4th of July. From what I saw on his Twitter, he was still visiting down here today."

He's on Jimmy Fallon tonight though.

"

That's an OLD episode... 

NeverPlan
#3153Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 7:50am

I am pretty impressed with this line, I got here around 3:30a and was the last person for a while.  Took a nap until daybreak and suddenly the line is around the corner.  Now that people have packed up their bedding, it's condensed down.  Someone came around taking names for the cancellation list and explained what was going to happen next.

I didn't think you could line up so early for the lottery but it seems that now the cancellation line is now the lotto/ham4ham line and we'll reform after.  The first 20 people can stick around though.

neonlightsxo
#3154Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 8:37am

"Daveed seems to be visiting Chicago. Is it because he'll be performing there? hmmm? :P"

No.

CercleRouge Profile Photo
CercleRouge
#3155Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 9:09am

Liza's Headband said: "CercleRouge said: "ClumsyDude15 said: "Leslie hosted and was part of the Wawa Welcome America concert down here in the Philadelphia area for the 4th of July. From what I saw on his Twitter, he was still visiting down here today."

He's on Jimmy Fallon tonight though.

"

That's an OLD episode...
"

Ah ok, good to know. 

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#3156Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 10:25am

neonlightsxo said: ""Daveed seems to be visiting Chicago. Is it because he'll be performing there? hmmm? :P"

No.

"

I was just kidding.

vomsy Profile Photo
vomsy
#3157Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 11:35am

lafayettelove said: "How's it going everyone?? Any updates on the random picking or is that still in effect??"

This only happened the one time and hasn't been done since. While I was in line the theater employees said "we pick the first 20 people we see" but they only say that because they don't officially endorse the way the line policies itself. In reality, they pretty much follow the list because it makes their lives easier. On Saturday when there were tickets the first 20 people in line didn't take, the staff even asked us to go find the next people in line so she could offer them the tickets. Despite that, don't ask the theater staff about the list or try to argue with them about anything by using the list as a basis, that's more likely to get you kicked out of the line than anything else.

happydude
#3158Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 12:12pm

People should be more critical of the line-keeping and numbering system, though. Random selections from RRT security is a no-go, but the line numbering system is being monopolized by professional linesitters. How is that ethical? A bit inside-traderish, no?

slumdogdelaware Profile Photo
slumdogdelaware
#3159Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 1:08pm

Looks like Leslie was at Ham4Ham.

neonlightsxo
#3160Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 1:12pm

Ethical? You must not be familiar with Jeffrey Seller.

aaaaaa15
#3161Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 1:18pm

Yes, Leslie and Phillipa were both at Ham4Ham.

#3162Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 1:22pm

I don't see it as particularly unethical, at least based on my three days in the line last week. The line sitters are the ones with the most experience with the line and working with the theater staff. The list was maintained very fairly while I was there, and the line sitter with the list didn't make judgements during disputes. He acted more as a mediator and let the people affected by a problem make the decision on how to resolve it. Besides those few people who live here and somehow have the time to do the line over and over again, I don't think your average person in the line would do as good a job organizing it.

lafayettelove
#3163Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 2:11pm

vomsy said: "lafayettelove said: "How's it going everyone?? Any updates on the random picking or is that still in effect??"

This only happened the one time and hasn't been done since. While I was in line the theater employees said "we pick the first 20 people we see" but they only say that because they don't officially endorse the way the line policies itself. In reality, they pretty much follow the list because it makes their lives easier. On Saturday when there were tickets the first 20 people in line didn't take, the staff even asked us to go find the next people in line so she could offer them the tickets. Despite that, don't ask the theater staff about the list or try to argue with them about anything by using the list as a basis, that's more likely to get you kicked out of the line than anything else.

"

Thank you!!

daijop
#3164Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 2:15pm

Some of the stubhub tickets dropped to 299 right before showtime today. Anyone know why?  Darn work, I wish I could've jumped on one. 

neonlightsxo
#3165Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 2:16pm

Because they hadn't sold yet?

jdra
#3166Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 2:21pm

daijop said: "Some of the stubhub tickets dropped to 299 right before showtime today. Anyone know why?  Darn work, I wish I could've jumped on one. "

pretty random. used to happen regularly back in April.

lisamaria
#3167Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 2:24pm

Any understudies for the matinee? Rumor had it Lin was going on. 

Any word on tonight?

Updated On: 7/6/16 at 02:24 PM

neonlightsxo
#3168Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 3:04pm

"stand-ins"? Understudies, you mean? Thayne Jasperson is on as Laurens/Philip and Andrew Chappelle is on as Lafayette/Jefferson. I know that from Twitter.

CercleRouge Profile Photo
CercleRouge
#3169Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 3:37pm

Chris Jackson is apparently out too

ashk8177
#3170Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 5:40pm

vomsy said: "lafayettelove said: "How's it going everyone?? Any updates on the random picking or is that still in effect??"

I just heard from my line buddy and it sounds like they are back to choosing randomly again for tonight. I'll post if I find out more details, but just wanted to reiterate not to take anything for granted and assume it will go a certain way, because it changed unexpectedly again. Tomorrow it will probably be back to the list, who knows?

"

mailhandler777
#3171Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 5:45pm

It's 95° and humid. Not sure if you guys in the cancellation line are dedicated or insane. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

daijop
#3172Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 5:57pm

I want to try to do stub hub for tonight but many of the tickets are being sold in pairs does anyone want to go in with me on a pair?

NeverPlan
#3173Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 6:27pm

It's cancelled for tonight due to the people who jumped the line not backing down.  cops got mad and talked to the box office and essentially due to the people who refused to budge.

mailhandler777
#3174Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/6/16 at 6:29pm

Wait, cops were called??? Wow.

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

Videos