pixeltracker

FINDING NEVERLAND Previews- Page 13

FINDING NEVERLAND Previews

CarlAlan610
#300FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/3/15 at 7:24pm

Maybe - I can not imagine anyone preferring Morrison over Jordan if they have seen both performances. To me, there was NO comparison. None. 

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#301FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/3/15 at 7:36pm

"You have to figure that Michael Ceveris, Brian d'Arcy James and Rob McClure would be the front runners for the Tony."

Tony Yazbeck's Gabey in On the Town is a triple threat tour de force the likes of which we rarely see on Broadway.  I hope he gets very serious Tony consideration.

Updated On: 4/6/15 at 07:36 PM

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#302FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/3/15 at 7:39pm

Waiting in line to get in to tonight's performance, really looking forward to seeing this 

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

rosscoe(au)
#303FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/3/15 at 7:43pm

And the tony for the ugliest show curtain goes to! 

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

Sunny11
#304FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/3/15 at 7:50pm

"Maybe - I can not imagine anyone preferring Morrison over Jordan if they have seen both performances. To me, there was NO comparison. None. "

http://peterllewelyndavies.tumblr.com/post/115256491303/finding-neverland-review

A review from a fan who saw both productions and he liked Morrison's performance, highlighting his dancing and some acting choices. 

Updated On: 4/3/15 at 07:50 PM

Back Row
#305FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/3/15 at 8:53pm

That tumblr reviewer also liked Jordan's performance, and based on his overall enthusiasm for every element of the show, one gets the feeling that he would find something to like if a canned ham played J.M. Barrie.

I'm not sure what to think of the London reviewer, although his failure to spell Kelsey Grammer's name correctly makes me think that he might be more of a blogger with no editor.

The reactions to this show remind me of other shows like Leap of Faith and Bonnie & Clyde, where people seemed to absolutely love it, or hate it with a passion. There doesn't appear to be any middle ground. When the real reviews come out, it will be interesting to see which side they fall on. 

Sunny11
#306FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/3/15 at 9:14pm

I don't think that reviews will really matter for this show. The ticket availability on Ticketmaster shows that it has an an audience at least for now and in Boston the show sold out even after mixed reviews. 

rosscoe(au)
#307FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/3/15 at 9:19pm

There is joyous magic happening on this stage , act one has just finished and this audience are going insane. 

Back Row
#308FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/3/15 at 9:32pm

"I don't think that reviews will really matter for this show. The ticket availability on Ticketmaster shows that it has an an audience at least for now and in Boston the show sold out even after mixed reviews. 
 "

I agree with that. I reached the conclusion some time ago that this will be a commercial success. This egg was hatched to be a big fat commercial hit, and any artistic merit it earns along the way is a happy accident. I do believe the reviews will give us some idea where it might stand as far as the awards go, but this show will do well regardless.

KRaser1
#309FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/3/15 at 10:12pm

Hi all....can anyone tell me what time this show gets out. Has it been frozen enough to get a running time? I'm trying to plan for an upcoming trip. Thanks!

rosscoe(au)
#310FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/3/15 at 10:46pm

We just got out at 10.45pm.

Add me to the camp that loved this,  joyous, magical , I laughed , I cried and what of the stunning piece of stage craft towards the end of the second act , that was so simple and jaw dropping brilliant and beautiful 

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#311FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/3/15 at 10:49pm

Has anyone seen Mary-Mitchell Campbell conducting in the past few days? (We never got any backup by the person who claimed she was sacked, so I'm assuming that was trolling, but I love MMC so much it would be cool to confirm that she's still there.)

Mattbrain
#312FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/3/15 at 10:59pm

Well, that article that PalJoey posted actually has a picture of Campbell in the pit. Could be an old one but you never know.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

bryan
#313FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/3/15 at 11:13pm

please post a song list of the show. does anybody know when the real cast cd comes out.

Wayman_Wong
#314FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/3/15 at 11:35pm

A good friend just saw it and reports that Mary-Mitchell Campbell was indeed conducting the show. So 'HamBiggar,' who reported that 'the Bloodbath continues' and that 'the music director was getting the ax,' has some explaining to do. 

For what it's worth, my friend loved everything about the show: Matthew Morrison, Kelsey Grammer, the kids, the real dog, etc., and says the audience went wild for it.

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#315FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/3/15 at 11:37pm

Wayman_Wong, thank you for reporting in about MMC!

valeposh Profile Photo
valeposh
#316FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/4/15 at 8:33am

"please post a song list of the show. does anybody know when the real cast cd comes out."

Songs list. The OBR should be out in June.

FINDING NEVERLAND Previews

"Mr Sondheim, look: I made a hat, where there never was a hat, it's a Latin hat at that!"

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#317FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/4/15 at 8:39am

It's interesting to hear that Harvey was the one that axed the dog. Must have been a very recent decision since there was an actor playing the dog in rehearsals.

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...

jkstheatrescene Profile Photo
jkstheatrescene
#318FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/4/15 at 10:00am

At the preview I attended, the merch stand was selling pre-orders for the concept album, due out in June.  The sign says it and he reminded the lady in front of me who bought it that it was NOT the cast recording.

Of course, things change, but I seriously doubt they'd be pushing the concept CD if the OBCR was coming out at the same time, or at least not selling both.

That said, I look forward to the OBCR whenever it does arrive.  Count me in as one who loved the show - flaws and all.

Mattbrain
#319FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/4/15 at 10:17am

I thought the concept album was coming out next month.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

valeposh Profile Photo
valeposh
#320FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/4/15 at 11:19am

The concept album is supposed to be out on 4/21; the OBR later in the spring/summer. Unless anything changed, but I suppose we'd have heard about it.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/FINDING-NEVERLAND-All-Star-Concept-Album-Available-For-Pre-Order-Out-421-20150312

"Mr Sondheim, look: I made a hat, where there never was a hat, it's a Latin hat at that!"

Sunny11
#321FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/5/15 at 3:23am

Review from an Austrialian blogger.

http://simonparrismaninchair.com/2015/04/05/finding-neverland-review-broadway/

Updated On: 4/5/15 at 03:23 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#322FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/5/15 at 5:44am

A blogger, not a critic.  Big difference.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Sunny11
#323FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/5/15 at 5:48am

Ok.. edited. 

JayG  2 Profile Photo
JayG 2
#324FINDING NEVERLAND Previews
Posted: 4/5/15 at 7:31am

Some yawn inducing stretches in act one, a score that is fine, often lovely, but rarely soars (as it should), the sound is dreadful (too many lyrics are unintelligible), and  a truly ugly backdrop for the Barrie's hall and dining room -- but other than that, a beautiful, moving, heartfelt show that deserves the audience it is getting. Act one is a bit bumpy, but it survives. Act one finale is terrific and from that point on it gets better and better. 

We can nitpick all we want but if someone says that this show lacks magic and heart, I suggest you audition for the Tin Man in the upcoming revival of The Wiz. You have a lock.

Videos