pixeltracker

Unpopular Opinions You Hold- Page 13

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

DaNciNgFairy291
#300re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/13/09 at 8:00pm

I like "The Battery's Down" but strongly dislike Jake Wilson.

2009 SHOWS: Spring Awakening - 1/2 Hairspray - 1/2 Mary Poppins - 1/11 Deer Park High School's The Diary of Anne Frank - 1/17 BayWay's The Wedding Singer - 2/7 Pal Joey - 2/11 Deer Park High School's High School Musical (Cathy) - 3/12 - 3/14 Lauren Pritchard and Duncan Sheik Concert - 3/15 Bryce Larsen and Idina Menzel Concert - 3/28 New York City Student Shakespeare Festival (Witch - Macbeth) - 5/1 Shrek - 5/6 Next to Normal - 6/20 Gateway Playhouse's Miss Saigon - 7/19

AndAllThatJazz22
#301re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/13/09 at 8:02pm

I like LB!!! Adam Pascal has no acting abilities at all.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

raker
#302re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/13/09 at 9:05pm

I think the visible headset microphones the actors wore in Rent and wear now in Hair are an abomination. I seem to be the only one who holds this opinion.

dayao Profile Photo
dayao
#303re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/13/09 at 9:16pm

I wish Harry Connick Jr. and his fake Cajun accent (the real Cajuns live 200 miles from New Orleans where Connick grew up) would stay as far away from the musical stage as humanly possible. His lousy singing and even worse acting have polluted every show in which he has appeared, in my opinion.

"I long-ago realized that this country is a nation of morons, when it comes to knowledge of anything outside, or beyond, pop culture." Steve Slezak

lesmizsaigon Profile Photo
lesmizsaigon
#304re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/13/09 at 11:49pm

I do not like "Next to Normal", so not original at all.
I do not think the three Billys should've won the Tony Best Actor
I stopped listening to "In the Heights" after 5 songs.
I did not like the "Hairspray" movie, save for Michelle Pfeiffer
I loved "Mamma Mia!" the movie only because it looked like Meryl was having a blast.
I think "Shrek" is actually good.
I love, love Xanadu.
I think ALW is one of the best composers in musical theatre history.

I love the "Twilight" book, but not the movie.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#305re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/13/09 at 11:57pm

I think the visible headset microphones the actors wore in Rent and wear now in Hair are an abomination. I seem to be the only one who holds this opinion.

They don't wear them in HAIR. They might not be as hidden as, say, the ones used in WICKED, but they're not intentionally visible.

AndAllThatJazz22
#306re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/18/09 at 11:35pm

I LOVE the Fangirl shows. (Wicked excluded)

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."

claudioislove Profile Photo
claudioislove
#307re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/19/09 at 1:12am

I. hate. Hairspray. passionately.

Because I look different you think I'm subversive.

AndAllThatJazz22
#308re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/19/09 at 11:03am

^ Can not compute. LOL, I understand though...people think I'm crazy for hating SITPWG (passionately).

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#309re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/19/09 at 11:06am

I really don't get how "Who I'd Be" from Shrek is a good song. At all.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

moowithme85
#310re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/19/09 at 11:18am

I dislike most "happy" musicals.
I love Wicked.
I don't like seeing movie actors on Broadway.

CSonBroadway
#311re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/19/09 at 11:31am

I think that Broadway actors are ten times more talented than Hollywood actors are. It pisses me off how the Bway actors never get any credit outside of the Broadway community.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#312re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/19/09 at 11:37am

The second act of In The Heights ruins the whole show.
Jersey Boys was boring.
The WSS revival isn't as bad as everyone says it is, but i was very disappointed with it.
Loved Mary Poppins.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

ColorTheHours048
#313re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/19/09 at 2:21pm

I thought IN THE HEIGHTS was terribly boring, mostly caused by its terrible book and sort of dull second act. The only reason I would go back would be to see Justina Machado as Daniela.

DESIRE UNDER THE ELMS was one of the better productions I saw all last season.

AMERICAN BUFFALO really wasn't that bad. Whatever flaws it had (and there were TONS) were the fault of Robert Falls.

AndAllThatJazz22
#314re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/19/09 at 2:26pm

^
Bored durring 'Carnival Del Barrio', too? (Not trying to be snarky, just askin').

I think that there are donkies that sing better than Carol Channing.

Updated On: 7/19/09 at 02:26 PM

KathyGriffinLovesYou Profile Photo
KathyGriffinLovesYou
#315re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/19/09 at 2:26pm

I hated Michael Crawford in Phantom.

ColorTheHours048
#316re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/19/09 at 2:29pm

AndAllThatJazz22 - I was actually not bored during that one number.

dramadude2 Profile Photo
dramadude2
#317re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/19/09 at 2:33pm

I feel pretty in spanish was one of the most epic things I have ever heard.

I thought the cast of the movie Sweeney Todd were about to fall asleep at any moment during the movie. They just seemed bored.

Not a Merman person.

No one wants to see a musical called Thoroughly Modern Mildred.

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#318re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/19/09 at 2:36pm

The movie version of Sweeney Todd is a near masterpiece, and it's because Burton took care to actually translating it to the screen, unlike many other musicals that are basically just filmed versions of the stage show.

Janet McTeer was way over-acting in Mary Stuart.

I loved 9 to 5, and would much rather see it again than Next to Normal.

Billy Elliot is far better than Next to Normal (an unpopular opinion around here at least).

Mary Testa was vile in Guys and Dolls.
Updated On: 7/19/09 at 02:36 PM

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#319re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/19/09 at 2:44pm

Shows I dislike (the opinion for each show will be half-popular/half-unpopular here): Rent, Wicked, Les Mis, Phantom of the Opera.

claudioislove Profile Photo
claudioislove
#320re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/19/09 at 4:41pm

I have to agree: I think the Sweeney Todd movie was excellent.

I hate Liza Minnelli and think she has no talent.

Because I look different you think I'm subversive.

CSonBroadway
#321re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/19/09 at 4:42pm

I wouldn't sit through Sweeney Todd if you paid me.

AndAllThatJazz22
#322re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/19/09 at 4:46pm

^ You have GOT to see John Doyle's take on it...there is know way you can be bored. Brilliant staging.

ColorTheHours048
#323re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/19/09 at 4:57pm

^ Agreed.

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#324re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
Posted: 7/19/09 at 10:03pm

Anyone who thinks Minnelli has no talent hasn't seen her in her prime. She was massively talented.

And I really wish I'd have been able to see the recent Sweeney Todd revival. It was right before I started going to school in NYC.

Videos