News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Billy Elliot The Musical- Page 131

Billy Elliot The Musical

AccordCanada Profile Photo
AccordCanada
#3251George on BBC BREAKFAST
Posted: 1/18/06 at 11:46am

George on BBC BREAKFAST

For those that missed it, I have a (password-only) link to George Maguire being interviewed about the Olivier Awards on BBC BREAKFAST this morning.
http://billyelliotthemusical.me.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=58

With today's nominations and the fact they showed an actual scene with Liam and Haydn, I consider this one of the most important Billy videos yet.

Accy
_/_/_/
_/_/_/
_/_/_/
Updated On: 1/18/06 at 11:46 AM

DQplum Profile Photo
DQplum
#3252George on BBC BREAKFAST
Posted: 1/18/06 at 1:59pm

im actually off from skwl and still manage to miss somthing with BETM on! whats wrong with me? lol mind you i was watching billy elliot the film so im excused!
thanks for all the links!
amyX

Simply Musicals Profile Photo
Simply Musicals
#3253Bored
Posted: 1/19/06 at 4:30pm

Bored

Hi,

I was bored so I created some pictures on Paint and PhotoFX...

...what would happen if our cast had twins!!!

Give em that old RAZZLE DAZZLE and shine...

Jeff3
#3254Bored
Posted: 1/19/06 at 5:17pm

Wow, you must have been bored. I thought I was seeing double (again!) at first.

There are four Michaels and four Billys there aren't there?

Jeff

Updated On: 1/20/06 at 05:17 PM

xxDaniellexx Profile Photo
xxDaniellexx
#3255scream
Posted: 1/21/06 at 12:03pm

Hey
well just been at scream theatre school 2day and when we were in drama ashley loydd and Brad walked in i was like omg. They joined in the lessons and i spoke 2 ash and brad they were so nice. They sang electricity 4 us and it was amzing.
danixx

Jeff3
#3256scream
Posted: 1/21/06 at 8:12pm

What a nice little story! I thought Ashley was on a film set somewhere in America.

AccordCanada
#32576 TV Appearances in 6 Days
Posted: 1/22/06 at 3:06am

Since last Monday, there have been no less than 6 TV appearances on BBC featuring all 5 of the original Billys (Liam Mover x2, George Maguire, James Lomas, Leon Cooke and Travis Yates), many focussing on Wednesday's nominations for Britain's Laurence Olivier Awards.

Through the dedication and talent of a number of people, I have managed to compile all 6, which was no easy feat since some of the news stories were only shown in certain regions of the country and I myself live in a different hemisphere. There is also a 7th - a new compilation video by Loopylucyloo showing memorable moments from many of the videos over the last 8 months. Video clips in different formats all now appear on the first page of the Multimedia Links - Videos thread of the BETM Fansite Forum:

http://billyelliotthemusical.me.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?

* VIDEO MONTAGE (January 21, 2006 featuring all Billys)
* STUPID EPISODE 3 (January 20, 2006 featuring Travis)
* NEWSROUND (January 19, 2006 featuring Leon with Liam)
* LOOK NORTH (January 18, 2006 featuring James with Ashley)
* BBC LONDON NEWS (January 18, 2006 featuring Liam)
* BREAKFAST (January 18, 2006 featuring George with Liam-Haydn)
* BLUE PETER (January 16, 2006 featuring Liam-Ryan)

I want to pay my special and sincere gratitude to a number of "heroes" this week, some of whom I probably drive crazy with all my requests:
* Dekky for sending me BLUE PETER
* Lin for BREAKFAST and BLUE PETER, and for maintaining both the Fansite Forum and the Members Only section
* Loopylucyloo for her fun and creative COMPLIATION VIDEO
* Quantum for sending me high quality versions of BBC LONDON NEWS and LOOK NORTH, a regional news programme that I was convinced I would never find.
* Remi for sending me .rm and .wvm versions (edited as requested) of BBC LONDON NEWS and the hard-to-find NEWSROUND
* Yoyo for sending me BLUE PETER and my weekly dose of STUPID
* Everyone who posted TV alerts or links to BBC's RealPlayer listings
* BBC, the BETM producers and the boys themselves for making these TV appearances happen.

I have also taken this snowy Saturday evening to make some improvements to the page:
* A number of new Putfile versions for those that prefer streaming video
* Various links for each clip now in alphabetical order
* Some technical advice on video formats near the top
* Thank you's now near the top of the page instead of the bottom, since this resource would not be possible without the people who record, digitize and send me the clips. I only compile them all in one place and add a short description.

Thanks as well to all of you who have sent me kind words about the multimedia list on the board, in PMs and e-mails over the last few months. Every time we watch these historic clips (some over and over again), it conjures up powerful memories of this incredible musical for those that have seen it, while at the same time promoting BETM to those who have not yet had the pleasure.

Accy
_/_/_/
_/_/_/
_/_/_/

AccordCanada
#32586 TV Appearances in 6 Days
Posted: 1/22/06 at 3:28am

6 TV Appearances in 6 Days

xxDaniellexx Profile Photo
xxDaniellexx
#3259help
Posted: 1/22/06 at 1:49pm

Tryin 2 watch the video off billyelliotthemusical.me.uk of george on breakfast but need a password can any1 the person email me it plz
danix

Jeff3
#3260Clips
Posted: 1/22/06 at 3:58pm

Wow AccordCanada, you're so dedicated. There must be something else to do in Canada!

But, seriously, thanks for what you've done; it's brilliant.

DQplum Profile Photo
DQplum
#3261Clips
Posted: 1/23/06 at 4:13pm

ALL HAIL ACCORDCANADA!! and all the other people who have made the clips!
thanks lol couldnt survive without all the clips!!
amyX

cturtle Profile Photo
cturtle
#3262Clips
Posted: 1/23/06 at 6:45pm

regarding the OLIVIER nominations ... how ironic that HAYDN GWYNNE and JULIE WALTERS are BOTH nominated for BEST ACTRESS IN A MUSICAL :-o since WALTERS (nominated for ACORN ANTIQUES) played MRS WILKINSON in the film and WALTERS plays the same character in the musical!

RIP glebby <3

AccordCanada
#3264Clips
Posted: 1/25/06 at 7:16am

Jeff wrote: Wow AccordCanada, you're so dedicated. There must be something else to do in Canada!

Jeff...that's what my Canadian friends say too. I suppose there is a fine line between hobby and obsesssion, but the clips are important for me precisely becuase I live so far away and can't regularly see the show.

Accy
_/_/_/
_/_/_/
_/_/_/

Jeff3
#3265Clips
Posted: 1/25/06 at 2:18pm

When are you next over?

tzwicky2 Profile Photo
tzwicky2
#3266Everyone in Canada is in hiding right now.
Posted: 1/26/06 at 12:12am

Everyone in Canada right now is trying to figure out who the hell voted in the Tories!

Ummmmmm, this puts Canada a lot closer to Quebec seceding from the Red Provinces, and, unfortunately for y'all, in a dispute such as this, you just know what side the current administration in JesusLand would come to the aid of, so, all you peeps in the Blue Provinces, just wait it out.

Y'all can have an election nearly immediately when the hangover wears off, but we wretched Yanks are stuck with Shrub till 2009.

(tzwicky is just assuming that Billy Elliot fans in Canada would be Blue Province voters and not have voted Conservative, though my understanding of what goes on north of the border, is filtered through JesusLand media and the censorship that goes along with it.)

(sad face)
tzwicky

Lois
#3267Does anyone know of a way to find out who's on next week?
Posted: 1/26/06 at 7:02pm

I missed Liam twice in August, and I would very much like to see him next week in London, to complete my "collection" of seeing the original Billys. I have tickets for Tuesday night the 31st and Thursday afternoon the 2nd, so I am hoping that Liam will be on at one of those performances, and I know that the tentative performer schedule can change at the last minute, but I would love to find out the tentative schedule for Monday-Friday of next week, so that if it looks like I'd miss Liam again I could try to add another performance (and free up one of my current tickets for someone else). Is there any box office phone number that could help, or do the people at the box office ever reveal the tentative Billy schedule for the week? Many thanks for any help (and my apologies if this has been asked frequently, but I don't have time to read over 100 pages right now!).

Lois

DQplum Profile Photo
DQplum
#3268Does anyone know of a way to find out who's on next week?
Posted: 1/27/06 at 6:21pm

hi does anyone know where the photos of the billys in the suits and the tutus are? i know they are here from the fansite but no idea where to find them! lol sorry if im being lazy PM if you know. thanks!
amyX

AccordCanada
#3269Canadian Politics
Posted: 1/28/06 at 4:24am

Hey tzwicky,

Canada only voted in the Tories on a "temporary" basis. They got 39% of the vote (61% of the country voted for left-leaning parties), and that was only to punish a government that had become complacent (and a little corrupt) after being in power for almost 13 years.

In Canada we have a saying: "We elect the Tories every 20 years to remind us why we have a Liberal government the rest of the time".

The election was only a few days ago, but even now, people are predicting that when the minority government falls and the Sponsorhship Scandal is a more distant memory, the Liberals will return to power with a new leader (most likely Frank McKenna who was Ambassador to the U.S. until the other day).

BTW...you can't use the American colour scheme (Republicans=red, Democrats=blue) in Canada:
Conservatives (right-wing) are blue
Liberals (left of centre) are red
New Democrats (left-wing) are orange
Bloc Québécois(left of centre but separatist) are also blue.

Accy
_/_/_/
_/_/_/
_/_/_/

AccordCanada
#3270Liam Shows
Posted: 1/28/06 at 4:37am

Lois,

You can phone the box office, and they can tell you who is scheduled for the upcoming week, but they can't guarantee.
0870 895 5577

From what I hear, Liam performs more often than the other Billys at the Thursday matinees (that's when I saw him).

As well, you can join Tzwicky, Jeff, myself and a bunch of others on the evening of June 3 since that is rumoured to be Liam's final performance. Here is the seating chart:
http://www.abarmstrong.com/billy/june3_730.htm
(I'm in C24 and my jumbo box of Kleenex will be in C25)

Accy
_/_/_/
_/_/_/
_/_/_/

DBillyP Profile Photo
DBillyP
#3271CD Postcards
Posted: 1/30/06 at 1:44pm

CD Postcards

Hello all! I wanted to share something that I had done. I had a mat custom cut to fit the four postcards that came with the CD. The frame is an inexpensive frame sold at craft stores that is designed for album covers. (For you youngsters, albums preceded CDs. CD Postcards)

Looks good, huh?

"I am open, and I am willing, For to be hopeless would seem so strange. It dishonors those who go before us, So lift me up to the light of change." Holly Near

RheaLMFan Profile Photo
RheaLMFan
#3272CD Postcards
Posted: 1/30/06 at 2:10pm

wow it looks amazing! i wouldnt even recognise they were the post cards coz it looks like an official picture! (if u kno wot i mean)

Taking Requests for drawings of many sorts.(Fantasy/people/animals and more)PM me with your request and i'll get back to you!

DBillyP Profile Photo
DBillyP
#3273CD Postcards
Posted: 1/30/06 at 4:49pm

Thanks! That is what I was hoping, since I couldn't afford the "real" pictures on sale in the lobby!

"I am open, and I am willing, For to be hopeless would seem so strange. It dishonors those who go before us, So lift me up to the light of change." Holly Near

AccordCanada
#3274Whatsonstage Award Nominations - Ends January 31
Posted: 1/30/06 at 7:56pm

For those that saw Billy Elliot, you have less than 24 hours to vote in the Whatsonstage.com Theatregoers Choice Awards that ends Tuesday at midnight GMT. You can help assure a victory for Billy Elliot in several categories:

http://www.whatsonstage.com/dl/page.php?page=awardsreal&yr=2006

For fast voting, hit CTRL-F (Elliot)

Best Actress in a Musical
Haydn Gwynne - Mrs. Wilkinson

Best Actor in a Musical
George Maguire, James Lomas & Liam Mower - Billy

Best Supporting Actress in a Musical
Ann Emery - Grandma

Best Supporting Actor in a Musical
Joe Caffrey - Tony
Tim Healy - Dad

Best New Musical
Billy Elliot - The Musical

Best Director
Stephen Daldry

Best Set Designer
Ian MacNeil

Best Choreographer
Peter Darling

Newcomer of the Year
George Maguire, James Lomas & Liam Mower

Accy
_/_/_/
_/_/_/
_/_/_/

Don't forget to vote for Billy Updated On: 1/30/06 at 07:56 PM

PaulWilly Profile Photo
PaulWilly
#3275Whatsonstage Award Nominations - Ends January 31
Posted: 1/31/06 at 11:19am

Final results of today:
- London Critic's Circle Theatre Awards:
Best Musical 2005: "Billy Elliot The Musical"

- Theatre Goers' Choice Awards 2005:
Most promising Newcomer's Award: James Lomas, George Maguire & Liam Mower
(winning together!)
Best Musical 2005: "Billy Elliot The Musical"!
Best supporting actress in a Musical: Ann Emery in "BETM"!
Best Choreographer: Peter Darling for "BETM"
(Our 3 Billys came in 2nd as "Best Actors in a Musical" and Tim Healy and Ian MacNeil 2nd - quite near misses - in their respective categories!)
What a day to celebrate for BETM
(PaulWilly) Paul

Videos