pixeltracker

The Official TDF Thread- Page 15

The Official TDF Thread

xmaschild
#350The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/7/17 at 7:47am

We live a couple hours outside NYC but take the train in occasionally to see shows.  A couple of questions on TDF membership.  If I buy a membership for my son who is in high school, there are no limitations on who his guests are, correct?  So I could buy 2 tickets under his membership and we could both see the show?  For current members do weekend matinees ever appear or is it typically just weeknights?  And has anyone gotten good seats in pairs or are orchestra tickets typically for singles?

For a $12 membership if we see one show it's worth it, but I'm curious as to availability.  Thanks!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#351The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/7/17 at 9:58am

Yes to all your questions, and usually the seats are pretty darn good. 

JustAnotherNewYorker
#352The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/13/17 at 12:16pm

The Humans is up for the 15th @ 6:30pm. If I'm not mistaken, that's the final performance. I'd guess that the author and other creatives will be in attendance (in case someone wants to see it again, or see it for the first time).

10086sunset
#353The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/23/17 at 9:29pm

The Present is up for Wednesday afternoon, 1/25 @ 1:30

djoko84
#354The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/24/17 at 6:33am

It seems that with the not-so-good reviews The Present isn't selling that well anymore.

LarryD2
#355The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/24/17 at 6:40am

The Present grossed just under $1 million dollars last week, earning 90% of its gross potential with the highest average ticket price for a play. It's doing just fine, all things considered.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#356The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/26/17 at 11:11am

The Glass Menagerie is up for the first 4 previews.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

BroadwayBeebe
#357The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/26/17 at 11:42am

AC126748 said: "The Glass Menagerie is up for the first 4 previews.

"

Thanks for the Heads up! Just picked up two seats for Friday Night!

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#358The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/26/17 at 11:44am

I'm kind of surprised Sunset Blvd hasn't showed up yet.

10086sunset
#359The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/30/17 at 2:35pm

Up on TDF for next Monday night...

"A Toast to the Artist:  A Concert honoring Broadway Musical Director Mary-Mitchell Campbell and supporting Transport Group Theatre Company"

Featuring performances by:

Kristin Chenoweth

Tituss Burgess

Sierra Boggess

Raul Esparza 

Melissa Errico

Jonathan Groff

Debra Monk

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#360The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/30/17 at 2:36pm

n2nbaby said: "I'm kind of surprised Sunset Blvd hasn't showed up yet.

I keep checking the site expecting to see it up there.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

djoko84
#361The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/31/17 at 6:48am

Is Sunset Blvd not selling well? I would think Glenn Close reprising her iconic role would be a huge seller.

Also, I'm upset I already bought a Glass Menagerie ticket from LincTix in the Mezzanine. For $6 more I probably could've gotten orchestra from TDF (I'm assuming that's where the seats will be).

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#362The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/31/17 at 2:36pm

Significant Other is on TDF for fifteen performances from mid-to-end of February.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#363The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 1/31/17 at 2:55pm

Just got tickets to a matinee of Significant Other (seeing Sunday in the Park with George for the evening show). Should be a good day of theatre!

10086sunset
#364The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/1/17 at 8:10am

Jitney has returned, up for tonight, Wednesday 2/1...

10086sunset
#365The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/3/17 at 1:04pm

The Great Comet is up for two shows, next Wednesday 2/8 at 2pm and 8pm

The Glass Menagerie is also back for 5 shows, Monday 2/13 thru Friday 2/17

LarryD2
#366The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/3/17 at 1:05pm

And The Present is up for Wednesday (2/The Official TDF Thread matinee only.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#367The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/3/17 at 1:07pm

Is Josh out of Comet Wed. night? Just bought tix through TDF. 

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#368The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/3/17 at 1:08pm

I would thinks he's scheduled to perform. Every other time it was up and his understudy was on it said he wasn't performing.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#369The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/3/17 at 1:59pm

Big River is up

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#370The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/3/17 at 3:19pm

Of course the one performance on Big River not available on TDF is the one I want to attend.

Can anyone who's seen The Present through TDF comment on seating locations?

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

theNYCpro Profile Photo
theNYCpro
#371The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/3/17 at 3:22pm

Big River! 

Does anyone have experience with City Center shows on TDF? Was going to use some Today Tix credits for balcony seats, but if these will be considerable better I may pony up.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#372The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/3/17 at 3:26pm

Of course on TDF you can be seated anywhere. I usually opt to pay for balcony seats, but the time I saw an Encores with a TDF seat I was seated in the rear orchestra on the side. If you're buying a single, you might have a better chance of snagging a good location.

VintageSnarker
#373The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/3/17 at 4:02pm

If anyone sees Great Comet, can you report back on where the seat was?

JustAnotherNewYorker
#374The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 2/3/17 at 7:37pm

AC126748 said: "
Can anyone who's seen The Present through TDF comment on seating locations?"

I was second row mezz, on the side. The people sitting behind me were also TDF. This was a matinee.

Videos