pixeltracker

Who have you gotten stuff back from?- Page 163

Who have you gotten stuff back from?

Monty12112
#4050Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/13/15 at 4:06pm

If write to the stage door and are requesting a signed playbill do you need to supply an unsigned one? 

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#4051Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/13/15 at 4:11pm

If you are requesting a cast-signed playbill, do NOT send an unsigned playbill to them. The way it works is that the company schedules a "Signing Party" where they will get together at the theatre and just sign playbills and posters. What you will receive is a pre-signed playbill from that event. If you sent an unsigned playbill, they will just keep it.

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

Monty12112
#4052Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/13/15 at 4:12pm

Thank you atuomala!

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#4053Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/13/15 at 4:41pm

If you send your own they will just swap it out with one of their presigned ones. So unless your sentimental about the playbill you get back being YOUR exact playbill from when you saw the show, you should be fine if you sent your own, even though it's not required.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#4054Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/13/15 at 4:41pm

Also yesterday I sent requests to:

- Gigi

- Airline Highway

- Cinderella on Tour

BwayinVan
#4055Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/26/15 at 2:20pm

I heard back yesterday from Curious Invident. They sent a signed playbill

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#4056Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/26/15 at 3:08pm

Anyone successfully get through to An American in Paris? If so, what address did you use?

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

musicman_bwayfan
#4057Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/26/15 at 5:22pm

The address written on the stage door is:

160 West 47th Street

You may want to give that one a try.

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#4058Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/29/15 at 9:39pm

Heard back from The Visit, Dr. Zhivago, and Airline Highway. No donation required.

Tommy Romano
#4059Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/31/15 at 2:03am

Has anyone heard back from Gavin Creel at Book Of Mormon? He must be very busy but how long does he usually take? I sent a letter to him 2 weeks ago. How long does Aladdin take? Finding Neverland? What about Christian Borle at Something Rotten? Has anyone tried ever after at the papermill? Im very new to Broadway world and sending fan mail and I'm not sure what to expect! Thanks

Updated On: 5/31/15 at 02:03 AM

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#4060Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/31/15 at 4:26pm

^ Generally, you expect actors and shows to respond in about a month, or longer, during the award season.  Some nominees won't be reading fan mail right now (like Victoria Clark).  That said:

- Aladdin can take 2 weeks or 2 months... totally depends on whether the stage manager currently has Playbills signed or whether a new batch is going to be signed by the leads [they do not send Playbills signed by the entire cast)

- Finding Neverland sent out a batch several weeks ago in response to fan mail (that were signed by most of the cast, but not Kesley Grammer), and have not sent out responses since then

- Christian Borle has responded to fan mail in the past

- Ever After is in previews so go ahead and try... sometimes Papermill sends out cast signed programs, but not always

Something to think about: there will be a spike in fan mail because of the special edition June Playbills. It could be that shows request BC/EFA donations for signed Playbills in June that normally don't require a donation.

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#4061Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/31/15 at 5:42pm

Does Matilda respond? Two accounts from two different people said that they don't respond/only the adults sign.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#4062Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 5/31/15 at 10:35pm

^ I was always told that the stage manager does not, BUT if you send to an adult cast member, they will respond (I know Lesli and Chris have in the past).

ampi2 Profile Photo
ampi2
#4063Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/1/15 at 9:12pm

atuomala: I wrote directly to Lesli a few months ago and she replied, didn't take much time. 

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#4064Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/2/15 at 1:09am

I too heard back today from Airline Highway!

Fusionsamurai
#4065Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/2/15 at 2:57am

How do you address it when you want a signed playbill?

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#4066Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/2/15 at 3:05am

This is how I do it.

EXAMPLE:

Dr. Zhivago
Attn: Stage Manager1681 Broadway
New York, NY 10019
USA

ampi2 Profile Photo
ampi2
#4067Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/2/15 at 11:22am

Tried Amanda Seyfried and Sydney Lucas today. Don't know if I was aloud to send something to Sydney since she's a kid, but oh well... I already did. 

Will let you guys know how it goes.

azeller Profile Photo
azeller
#4068Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/2/15 at 9:10pm

Has anyone received a Playbill back yet from Something Rotten? (Specifically those who already sent in the $30 donation.)   Just wondering the timeline since I sent mine in about a month ago.  Thanks in advance!

"Let's admit one thing right upfront: With the possible exception of Bernadette Peters, not everyone stays young and cute forever." (NYPost 2/2/05)

morgen6202
#4069Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/4/15 at 11:20am

Has anyone had any thing back from The Lion King Or Mamma Mia recently? Iv'e looked it up online and they are all old successes. 

Thanks!

musicman_bwayfan
#4070Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/6/15 at 12:29am

Atuomala - re: Dr. Zhivago.  When did you send your request?  I sent one out a few days before they announced the closing notice and I heard back 1,2,3, but they sent 2 blank playbills instead of a signed one.  Did you get one that was signed?

I sent to Living on Love as well, also before the closing notice was announced.  I got a response the day or two after it closed.  Again, an unsigned playbill.  Did anyone get a signed one back from them?

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#4071Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/6/15 at 1:08am

I sent a request in about a month before they closed and received a response several days before their final performance. It was a cast-signed playbill. If you got a blank one, maybe stage management ran out of signed playbills and (with it being so close to closing and all) they couldn't fulfill your request, but, at the same time, they didn't want to send you nothing. The same thing happened to me when I asked Cabaret for a cast-signed playbill in their final weeks and what I received was a playbill signed by just Alan and Emma. I assume they ran out and decided to just fulfill my request with whatever was left.

mfaye9
#4072Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/6/15 at 2:04am

This is a long shot but does anyone know how to contact Mr.Sondheim? Someone I am working for was supposed to give him a gift on Monday but something came up -- she asked me to try to find a contact address. (I also wouldn't be opposed to sending him a nice letter!)

Thanks!

Tommy Romano
#4073Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/6/15 at 2:01pm

This is the address that he usually responds to fanmail from. I'm sure many people send him gifts, he's a legend! Let us know how it goes 

Stephen Sondheim
Douglas & Kopelman Artists, Inc.
393 West 49th Street
Suite 5G
New York, NY 10019
USA

morgen6202
#4074Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/6/15 at 3:30pm

Updated On: 6/6/15 at 03:30 PM

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos