pixeltracker

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews- Page 18

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews

forgetregret
#425MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/8/24 at 4:01pm

I’m not sure whether this has already been leaked, but it was (amazing) news to me! I have tickets for June 21 and just received a call to let me know that they will be filming that night and my seats are being moved over a few seats. Such great news!

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#426MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/8/24 at 4:12pm

MezzA101 said: "'Merrily We Roll Along' made them old friends. Now, the cast is 'dreading' saying goodbye.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2024/06/07/merrily-we-roll-along-broadway-cast/73958008007/

Glad I got tickets for the final curtain before the obscene jacking up of prices.

"

Same here........ bought my ticket months ago the minute they announced that July 7th was the last show, thou i can't believe it's already 4 weeks from tomorrow MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup
Updated On: 6/8/24 at 04:12 PM

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#427MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/8/24 at 5:27pm

forgetregret said: "I’m not sure whether this has already been leaked, but it was (amazing) news to me! I have tickets for June 21 and just received a call to let me know that they will be filming that night and my seats are being moved over a few seats. Such great news!"

Do you know if its for the archives or for a commercial release?

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Wayman_Wong
#428MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/8/24 at 7:12pm

I was under the impression that ''Merrily'' was filmed for the Lincoln Center Archives a couple of months ago. Unless that was canceled, and postponed to June 21. ...

I really want THIS version to be shot for PBS' ''Great Performances'' or BroadwayHD, etc. I know Richard Linklater is working on a feature film of ''Merrily,'' but that's being shot over 20 years, so it might not be released until 2039!

Updated On: 6/8/24 at 07:12 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#429MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/8/24 at 7:35pm

I was just talking about this ... That I could totally see them surprising us with a pro shot! 

(That being said, I don't remember if this was already filmed for the archives vs or not.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

forgetregret
#430MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/8/24 at 8:57pm

It was filmed for the Lincoln Center Archives in March: see info here. So I’m guessing/hoping this is commercial. 

Springtime
#431MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/8/24 at 11:07pm

Charles McNulty wrote in a Facebook comment after his interviews with Maria Friedman and Jonathan Groff recently that Merrily was still hoping to film the production but lacked funding.

dramamama611
#432MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/9/24 at 5:00am

If it were being filmed for PBS, would the cost be on the production or the station? 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

bear88
#433MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/9/24 at 5:31am

If it is being filmed for commercial release or for PBS, doesn’t filming usually take place over several performances?

jimmycurry01
#434MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/9/24 at 10:56am

They could film one day with an audience and do another day or two without for close-ups.

bismarcky
#435MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/11/24 at 1:38am

Jonathan Groff on CBS Mornings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcHWsszH5UM

They keep showing new clips from a pro shot of the show! Fingers crossed they release the full version soon... 

Springtime
#436MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/11/24 at 6:04am

Lindsay Mendez says in a new podcast she has no guilt about missing shows and makes decisions about whether to do press or do an evening show. She laughed when asked if she has any guilt about missing shows (she says no), and that it is easier to say no when pregnant. 72 shows missed so far.

Stages Podcast

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#437MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/11/24 at 8:15am

Springtime said: "Lindsay Mendez says in a new podcast she has no guilt about missing shows and makes decisions about whether to do press or do anevening show. She laughed when asked if she has any guilt about missing shows (she says no), and that it is easier to say no when pregnant. 72 shows missed so far.

Stages Podcast
"

Your obsession (yes, obsession) with tracking her absences is so gross. Seek treatment.

hearthemsing22
#438MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/11/24 at 8:24am

Springtime said: "Lindsay Mendez says in a new podcast she has no guilt about missing shows and makes decisions about whether to do press or do anevening show. She laughed when asked if she has any guilt about missing shows (she says no), and that it is easier to say no when pregnant. 72 shows missed so far.

Stages Podcast
"

What is with the fixation on how many performances an actor has missed? Not just this show, but in general? Why do people care so much? If the production was concerned they'd do something. Maybe there's something in their contract about absences. In this specific case, she's pregnant, for crying out loud. Give people a break, and get a life aside from tracking how often someone is out of a show. According to Playbill, as of June 2nd they've had 272 performances, which has gone up since then. 72 shows is not worrying. Go touch grass. 

MezzA101
#439MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/11/24 at 9:33am

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "MezzA101 said: "'Merrily We Roll Along' made them old friends. Now, the cast is 'dreading' saying goodbye.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2024/06/07/merrily-we-roll-along-broadway-cast/73958008007/

Glad I got tickets for the final curtain before the obscene jacking up of prices.

"

JEALOUS. I have tickets for the final Wednesday matinee and tickets are already going for 500+ for that show.

And some $799 seats have just been jacked up to $899 for the final performance.

jimmycurry01
#440MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/11/24 at 9:37am

hearthemsing22 said: "Springtime said: "Lindsay Mendez says in a new podcast she has no guilt about missing shows and makes decisions about whether to do press or do anevening show. She laughed when asked if she has any guilt about missing shows (she says no), and that it is easier to say no when pregnant. 72 shows missed so far.

Stages Podcast
"

What is with the fixation on how many performances an actor has missed? Not just this show, but in general? Why do people care so much? If the production was concerned they'd do something. Maybe there's something in their contract about absences. In this specific case, she's pregnant, for crying out loud. Give people a break, and get a life aside from tracking how often someone is out of a show. According to Playbill, as of June 2nd they've had 272 performances, which has gone up since then. 72 shows is not worrying. Go touch grass.
"

People care because they paid for a ticket, and often for a flight, and for a hotel in Manhattan to see that cast perform. Now, everyone has to miss work from time to time, but when it is a significant portion of the contract, it becomes something to discuss, especially when people are paying over a thousand to come watch that person work.

I don't know if you have ever made the trip to New York from middle-America because you wanted to see a specific cast perform; I have. Unfortunately, the performer we were most excited to see was out. It sucked, but it happens. Here's the thing, though the boards weren't alight with regular discussions about her missing shows. If they were, we may not have taken that gamble. 

Discussions about performers missing a bulk of their contracts help others decide if it is worth the cost of a trip and ticket if they want to see a particular cast perform, because there are times when it is about the cast and not the show itself. 

This is an important discussion to have when the performers are a huge part of the product that is being sold. In this case, everyone seems to agree that it is this cast that makes this flawed show work. People want to see that cast and see how they make it work.

In general, if people are paying and traveling to see an original cast, they want to see that cast. It might be different when it's the 53rd replacement cast for Wicked.

ETA at this point, Miss Gonzalez seems to have been present for most performances of late. While I do think it's reasonable to discuss that someone has missed a lot, it is not OK to pry into personal lives of performers and speculate on why. That's not our business. 

Updated On: 6/11/24 at 09:37 AM

JSquared2
#441MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/11/24 at 10:00am

jimmycurry01 said: "h
In general, if people are paying and traveling to see an original cast, they want to see that cast. Itmight be different when it's the 53rd replacement cast for Wicked.

ETA at this point, Miss Gonzalez seems to have been present for most performances of late. While I do think it's reasonable to discuss that someone has missed a lot, it is not OK to pry into personal lives ofperformersand speculate on why. That's not our business.

Umm...it's MENDEZ (not Gonzalez) --  but you've certainly told us a lot about yourself in that post!

Wayman_Wong
#442MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/12/24 at 11:55am

Daniel Radcliffe on being a Tony-nominated actor:

''I'm thrilled [Groff, Mendez and I] are all nominated. ... I'm more ambivalent about my own chances of winning. I will burn the building to the ground if Jonathan Groff doesn't win. (Laughs.) Everybody else in [that Leading Actor] category is amazing. That is true. But I'm very biased here.''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWPmkBEi36s

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
Strange Lupone
#444MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/12/24 at 1:31pm

Stages Podcast
"

That Mendez laughs at this rather than just speaks to understanding the disappointment of folks who paid for airfare, hotel, and (most expensive) tickets is actually kind of gross. 

JSquared2
#445MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/12/24 at 1:34pm

Strange Lupone said: "Springtime said: "Lindsay Mendez says in a new podcast she has no guilt about missing shows and makes decisions about whether to do press or do anevening show. She laughed when asked if she has any guilt about missing shows (she says no), and that it is easier to say no when pregnant. 72 shows missed so far.

Stages Podcast
"

That Mendez laughs at this rather than just speaks to understanding the disappointment of folks who paid for airfare, hotel, and (most expensive) tickets is actually kind of gross.
"

Get a life.

Strange Lupone
#446MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/12/24 at 1:47pm

JSquared2 said: "Strange Lupone said: "Springtime said: "Lindsay Mendez says in a new podcast she has no guilt about missing shows and makes decisions about whether to do press or do anevening show. She laughed when asked if she has any guilt about missing shows (she says no), and that it is easier to say no when pregnant. 72 shows missed so far.

Stages Podcast
"

"

Get a life.
"

Oh, the irony!

hearthemsing22
#447MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/12/24 at 2:23pm

ljay889 said: "The pro shot is happening.

https://x.com/bryanthe_ba/status/1800904240250106000?s=46&t=rci3aKm9VNUXroIBSGv5Tw
"

We're believing some person walking by the theater instead of waiting for official confirmation from the production...

....sure, seems smart and legit 

dramamama611
#448MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/12/24 at 2:30pm

Hell, it could be for a new documentary for all we know.

hearthemsing22
#449MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
Posted: 6/12/24 at 2:35pm

jimmycurry01 said: "hearthemsing22 said: "Springtime said: "Lindsay Mendez says in a new podcast she has no guilt about missing shows and makes decisions about whether to do press or do anevening show. She laughed when asked if she has any guilt about missing shows (she says no), and that it is easier to say no when pregnant. 72 shows missed so far.

Stages Podcast
"

"

People care because they paid for a ticket, and often for a flight, and for a hotel in Manhattan to see that cast perform. Now, everyone has to miss work from time to time, but when it is a significant portion of the contract, it becomes something to discuss, especially when people are paying over a thousandto come watch that person work.

72 shows is no where close to a significant portion of the contract. Y'all are just making excuses to stir up drama. Go ahead. Waste time doing that. 

I don't know if you have ever made the trip to New York from middle-America because you wanted to see a specific cast perform; I have. Unfortunately, the performer we were most excited to see was out. It sucked, but it happens. Here's the thing, though the boards weren't alight with regular discussions about her missing shows. If they were, we may nothave taken that gamble.

Not New York, but I have traveled to see a show because of the specific show, not a specific performer. So I guess I'm lucky in that regard. 

Discussions about performers missing a bulk of their contracts help others decide if it is worth the cost of a trip and ticket if they want to see a particular cast perform, because there are times when it is about the cast and not the show itself.

Once again, 72 shows is not a significant part of her contract. 

This is an important discussion to have when the performers are a huge part of the product that is being sold. In this case, everyone seems to agree that it is this cast that makes thisflawed show work. People want to see that cast and see how they make it work.

I do agree that this specific cast is what makes the show work, but everything, from the cast to the direction to the music is also something to consider? Maybe? Think about that too. 

In general, if people are paying and traveling to see an original cast, they want to see that cast. Itmight be different when it's the 53rd replacement cast for Wicked.

ETA at this point, Miss Gonzalez seems to have been present for most performances of late. While I do think it's reasonable to discuss that someone has missed a lot, it is not OK to pry into personal lives ofperformersand speculate on why. That's not our business.

"

While yes, you're right it's not okay, ever, to pry into their personal lives- though some think we're entitled to that, which is gross, by the way- I think it's a complete waste of time to discuss cast absences. 

Latest Posts

Videos