pixeltracker

Hunter Foster creates "Give the Tonys back to BROADWAY" campaign- Page 19

Hunter Foster creates "Give the Tonys back to BROADWAY" campaign

pattibelle
#450Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 4:10pm

Anyone else think this 'movement' has anything to do with the fact that Hunter and Jen Cody didn't get to walk the red carpet (which Jen posted on facebook she was excitedly looking forward to) because this year, only the nominees and presenters (who were indeed a lot of Hollywood stars) were allowed to walk the red carpet? Coincidence? Hmmmm.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#451Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 4:23pm

I think Hunter's original post wasn't completely thought out as he is having to explain it. But it unleashed the lion (Yes, I am listening to Pearl Jam right now) and it just took off.

Just give the world Love.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#452Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 4:24pm

Anyone else think this 'movement' has anything to do with the fact that Hunter and Jen Cody didn't get to walk the red carpet (which Jen posted on facebook she was excitedly looking forward to) because this year, only the nominees and presenters (who were indeed a lot of Hollywood stars) were allowed to walk the red carpet? Coincidence? Hmmmm.

I was just suggesting the same thing to a friend. I was at the Tonys and while walking to get in the end of the line saw Foster and Cody waiting in line to go in. I made eye contact quickly with Foster and he did not look thrilled. I'm sure him not walking the red carpet is the source of his bitterness but it probably contributed to it.

StageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
#453Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 4:36pm

What did Sieber say? I've tried sifting through the 19 pages, but have found nothing except people alluding to his remark(s).

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#454Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 4:38pm

http://www.facebook.com/christopher.sieber?v=wall&story_fbid=124770274225339&ref=mf

Christopher Sieber

Here's the deal....when you receive an award that is purchased for you...does it mean anything?! CZJ?! A big booooooooooo! But,congrats to the other winners....
June 13 at 8:26pm via Facebook for iPhone

BTW, it's on his own FB, not Hunter Foster's group.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
Updated On: 6/18/10 at 04:38 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#455Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 4:39pm

Here's the deal....when you receive an award that is purchased for you...does it mean anything?! CZJ?! A big booooooooooo! But,congrats to the other winners....

StageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
#456Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 4:43pm

Thanks, Liz and Phyl!

Wow, what a bitter lot these folks are. I'm disappointed in Jen Cody:

"As a voter, I did not kiss ass...I'm not sure who is responsible for that ridiculous 'win,' but for the record, it was not me."

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia

pattibelle
#457Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 4:45pm

Yeah, Taylor, on the day BEFORE the Tony Awards, Jen Cody posted something on facebook about 'mother nature' punishing the producers of the Tony's (I assume because of the rain forecast) for going Hollywood, which made me think that this facebook group is not about the content of the awards show itself, but the fact that some people wanted to walk the red carpet, and were pissed off when the producers of the telecast wouldn't let them.

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#458Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 4:52pm

Jen Cody is a Tony voter?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#459Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 4:55pm

Of course she is. Aren't we all?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#461Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 5:00pm

Well, she said they should have them in Hollywood and have movie stars play the roles of the Broadway performers who were nominated.

Granted, this year seemed to be a bit more star studded but who is to say it will always be like this. Although, more stars are coming to Broadway. But that doesn't mean they aren't talented or deserve to be nominated for or win an award. JMO

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#462Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 5:02pm

Jen Cody is a total waste. She should go back to playing children's roles in summer stock. That's basically what's she's worthy of. Bitter girl.

pattibelle
#464Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 5:06pm

Yeah, Lizzie, that's the post. Posted the day BEFORE the awards. But presumably after she and Hunter were informed of the producers' decision to only let the presenters and nominees walk the red carpet. Thus, it seems like the Hollywood rancor has little to do with the actual show, and more to do with not being able to walk the red carpet.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#465Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 5:07pm

I was told I had to come here and read this thread. Between last night and now, I've caught up and I have to say I'm completely amazed, and not in a good way, by the ridiculous rantings of these Broadway actors! Perhaps they should all band together and try to mount a show on Broadway and see exactly what goes into it, because clearly, they can't see past their own noses. As someone else already said, plenty of them wouldn't have jobs if there weren't "Hollywood names" selling tickets to their shows at some point or another.

Thank goodness Kristin Chenoweth won her Tony BEFORE she began to get TV/film work - I mean, just imagine the brouhaha if it had been the other way around!

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#466Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 5:08pm

Jen Cody is a Tony voter?

Really?

LizzieCurry
#467Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 5:10pm

LMAO http://thecraptacular.com/2010/06/what-are-you-even-talking-about-hunter-foster/

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#468Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 5:12pm

These people are too much!

They truly don't get it.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#469Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 5:12pm

keep complaining about the fact that you have to hang out with too many mainstream celebrities on Tony night and you and Marc Kudisch aren’t getting enough screen time. That should really help our struggling art-form. Just like Million Dollar Quartet has really pushed the boundaries of the… jukebox musical…

Love it.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#470Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 5:14pm

Why the hell bring Marc into this?? LEAVE HIM ALONE!!

LizzieCurry
#471Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 5:17pm

When quoting things, it's very helpful to include context.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#472Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 5:21pm

I now have ZERO respect for Christopher Seiber. To say that Catherine's Tony was bought...jesus. What a DOUCHE.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#475Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 5:31pm

Well I now have some woman arguing with me over CZJ's performance on the telecast. In my opinion, the performance was fine. She was under the weather and I realized that and took it into account. This woman is telling me that because she has a BFA and has been acting for 20 years she is more qualified to judge the performe than someone without her experience. Of couse I told her "With all due respect, I didn't think her BFA gave her any more clout than others who have been in the theatre". She informed me that all of the actors she has talked to agree with her. She said it was a rookie high school performance and wooden. Again, I agree it wasn't a great performance but am I wrong for cutting her some slack because she wasn't feeling well?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#478Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 5:33pm

Well, I have an MFA and I don't agree. So ha!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#479Hunter Foster Whines with other non Hollywood actors
Posted: 6/18/10 at 5:36pm

Poor CZJ. She doesn't deserve this. I wonder if her fellow cast mates know how other performers are bashing her to no end?

Videos