Posted: 8/18/09 at 7:17pm

Please help...
New choices:

Orchestra Row O: seats 101,103

Mezz Row D: seats 113, 114

Mezz Row A: seats 11, 13

Note: I am short (5'1)--on a high heel day

Thanks!

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

trekchristi
#26re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 8/27/09 at 11:16pm

The booth looks fairly intimate but I'm still a little worried about getting a seat in row H mezz. Thoughts?

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#27re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 8/27/09 at 11:17pm

Broadway world recently posted an article with all the updated listings of rush policies and such. I read on Next to Normals that "$36.50 tickets are available on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. What is up with that?

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

#28re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 8/27/09 at 11:21pm

Mezz row H is fine if you want the price. If you're willing to shell out a little more, it's always worth it.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#29re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 8/27/09 at 11:28pm

Go with Row M center. Normally, I'd take the Row G on the right, but this is a smaller theater, so Row M shouldn't be a bad view. I have never been in the Booth, but I have sat in worse seats at theaters and have had a good view of facial expressions/stage.

Also, if it is between Row M and O, go with M since it is closer than O, yet also a center seat.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

trekchristi
#30re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 8/27/09 at 11:30pm

The tix I've been able to find have been Orchestra M to the side and Row A seat 3. I'm wondering if A would cut off any of the stage. I'm assuming it would....

#31re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 8/27/09 at 11:33pm

Whether you're talking about A in the orchestra or in the mezz, you'll be fine. You can see the whole stage from both.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#32re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 8/27/09 at 11:36pm

You'd have to look UP to see the 3rd level...but not all that much happens there.

I like close for non dance shows. Personal preference.

CS....the only thing left is weekends. They must be selling really well on weekends and feel they can get the non discounted price at that time. They are dark on Wedsnesdays.

Their perogative. It's all about the $$$. The actors don't know (or care, really). Doesnt change their pay.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Lenexajones Profile Photo
Lenexajones
#33re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 9/2/09 at 12:21am

Just got back from NY and saw N2N from the last row, center of the theater. The seats were just fine [especially for the price]. The show was even more brilliant than I could have imagined. Alice seemed completely wiped out at the end. How she can do that day after day is beyond me. I hope they are able to film this and show it on PBS. I want a dvd of the stage version. A few years from now I'd love to see what some clever director could do for a film version.

MJPrice76
#34re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 9/2/09 at 9:59am

i need some insite on which seats would be better for N2N bb 103 104 or c 110 112. Not sure if bb is too close to the stage and c would be better..any thoughts

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#35re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 9/2/09 at 6:19pm

I sat in BB and loved it. Being so close makes it even more intense.

I assume orchestra row E is pretty good?

Sparklesss Profile Photo
Sparklesss
#36re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 9/3/09 at 8:06am

If you sit that close though,(first 6 rows in orch or so) do you have to look up a lot? And miss some of "i'm alive"?

iWannaBEaSedaris Profile Photo
iWannaBEaSedaris
#37re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 9/3/09 at 9:22am

The Booth is a small enough house that even when you are far back in the mezz, you can still see everyone very well, the house isn't that deep. The only issue is that you can't see gabe from the back of the orch for 'I'm Alive' when he is on the top tier

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#38re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 9/3/09 at 10:17am

I have tickets for Sept. 19th row bb 112. I look forward to drooling over Aaron Tveit from up close.

"This show had the WORST magnets on Broadway!"

Lenexajones Profile Photo
Lenexajones
#39re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 9/3/09 at 12:37pm

Is Aaron coming back to the show?

wishiwerehere2
#40re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 9/3/09 at 1:04pm

September 7th.

Videos