Next to Normal Seating

Lenexajones Profile Photo
Lenexajones
#1Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 7/26/09 at 2:08pm

Planning on going to Next to Normal at the end of August and would like to go cheap on tickets. If we got the cheapest tickets will we miss anything. Not familiar with the Booth or the staging.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 7/26/09 at 2:18pm

The cheap seats are the last row of the mezz, which are $36.50. You'll have a full view of the stage, and all 3 levels. But obviously you will miss a lot of facial expressions.

Soliantu Profile Photo
Soliantu
#2re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 7/26/09 at 2:28pm

I've heard generally all the seats for the show are good, I was somewhere in the orchestra.. I wanted to ask about the Rush tickets though, are they the front row? If so.. is it difficult to see all three levels? I dont mind having to look up, but are they visible? If theyre not the front, where are they?

DefyGravity777
#3re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 7/26/09 at 2:42pm

Rush is the front row plus the boxes. You do have to look up a lot since the stage about 2 foot away from you. The stage isn't high though. The scenes done on the second level towards the back you can't see but there is only like 2 or 3 of them and not a big part of the show either. You can see the scenes on the 3rd level.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

MichaelUK92 Profile Photo
MichaelUK92
#4re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 7/26/09 at 2:47pm

I rushed and got box seats. They were fine. you missed some stuff at the far sides, but got great views of the second and third level, which you miss if you're in the front row (or don't get a great view of).

Def worth $25, great value and great seats. but i cannot vouch for front row.
Box seats i think there are 4-6 each side of stage.

dancindramadork
#5re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 7/26/09 at 5:31pm

I got my seats on TKTS the day of, which isn't necessarily considered the cheapest (they ran about $60 each) and we had 3rd row orchestra all the way to the right. If you are that far over near the front of the orchestra, expect to miss one side of the second level's staging. Because we were seated in front of stage-left, there are a few scenes performed up on the second level stage-left that we missed, because of how far to the side the seats go.

Lenexajones
#6re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 7/27/09 at 12:33am

Thanks for the guidance. Will not be rushing, but will probably got the last row seats [budget rules....]

tking001
#7re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 7/27/09 at 1:02am

Rush is cheaper than the last row seats

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#8re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 7/27/09 at 8:49am

Not everyone is even close to willing to stand in line for hours and hours to do rush. I know I am not. (Hell, I'm not even willing to stand in the TKTS line anymore.) Too many things to do. And the poster already said s/he didn't want to rush.

CheapEST is not always the most important consideration.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Lenexajones
#9re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 7/27/09 at 11:02pm

Amen: would never stand in line for rush or in Tkts. Don't get to NY often enough to waste time. Dropping son off at college and [Columbia] and want to enjoy a nice show with my wife to cushion the blow. Because of the expense of college, we are now on a budget, but sure don't want to waste a chance to see a great show.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#10re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 7/28/09 at 12:03pm

We got the left side of the front mezz at TKTS and had no problem seeing everything. It was our favorite of the five shows we saw last weekend.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

MichaelUK92
#11re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 7/28/09 at 12:44pm

Mister Matt: It was mine too. what other's did you see, if you don't mind me asking? :)

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#12re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 7/28/09 at 12:49pm

What else do you have to do between the hours of 4 and 10 AM then stand in line for a great Broadway show?! I live in NYC, so I have it different, but I really can't think of a better thing to be wasting time on at that hour of the morning. re: Next to Normal Seating

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#13re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 7/28/09 at 12:59pm

I like to sleep for most of that time. Besides, if you don't live in the city (or close by) you want a sure thing.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Mister Matt
#14re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 7/30/09 at 1:05pm

MichaelUK92 - We saw Fuerzabruta, Rock of Ages, Hair, West Side Story and Next to Normal. We really enjoyed them all and weren't disappointed in anything.

MichaelUK92
#15re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 7/30/09 at 1:08pm

Mister Matt: sounds good :) glad you enjoyed everything. i wasn't sure about seeing rock of ages. i'm not that much of a fan or "jukebox musicals" but didn't know much about the show itself. I'm not a big fan of "rock" music lol. how was rock of ages?

Mister Matt
#16re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 7/31/09 at 9:06am

I actually started another thread just about Rock of Ages, but it was quite possibly the most fun I've ever had watching a Broadway musical. And I've never heard an audience cheer so loudly for a show before. I'd definitely go back and see it again and again. It's witty, smart and deftly performed by an insanely talented cast. Just kick back, relax and let go. Bob your head along to the music, clap, sing, laugh and have a great time. I'd recommend this show to anyone who is not afraid to go to the theatre and just have fun.

fanadu1996
#17re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 7/31/09 at 10:19am

i would pay full price over and over to see this. its worth $111.5 (or $116.50) just to see alice ripleys facial expressions!!

Soliantu Profile Photo
Soliantu
#18re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 7/31/09 at 11:08am

If I were to rush, I'd prefer the front row over the box seats. I'm pretty sure in Shrek that the first few people on the line get the box seats, and the rest get the front row.. How does it work at Next to Normal, do the first people..etc get the front row, and the last people get the box? or vice versa?

asdfghj2
#19re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 7/31/09 at 11:10am

I believe you get to pick from whatever's left by the time you get to the front of the line. When I rushed, there was only box seats left, so we were stuck with that.

BlackCabbiTabbi
#20re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 7/31/09 at 9:32pm

Hey yall,
So I am thinking of seeing N2N now and I want your advice. What should I pick between:

CENTER BB 109-11

and

LEFT ORCHESTRA ROW B 1-5 ?

The criteria I am looking for is like leg room... there is nothing worse than ****ty leg room. How do these differ/fare?

My scale/preference is that ****ty leg room was Nederlander, Richard Rodgers. So In comparison to that perhaps?

I am thinking that center would be better for the show overall esp. expressions, etc. but please do share your thoughts!

BlackCabbiTabbi
#21re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 8/1/09 at 9:33pm

anyone?

AwesomeDanny
#22re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 8/1/09 at 9:40pm

I don't really think that leg room would differ that much in the same theater. If you're in the front row of a section, you'd probably get more leg room, but I think that's about it. Then again, I haven't been to that theater, so the seats could just have been put sloppily into the theater unevenly.

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#23re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 8/2/09 at 1:10pm

In Late June I saw the show from 2nd row right mezz on the aisle (coincidentally diagonal from Michael Greif). I went with someone else and the 2nd seat off the aisle (i.e. seat 4, not seat 2) was so, so tiny. The seat itself was barely wide enough to hold me, a fairly petite girl. The seat on the aisle (seat 2) was much wider. The legroom was kind of cramped for us, and we're short and average height girls. I'd suggest the aisle seats.

SweetQintheLights
#24re: Next to Normal Seating
Posted: 8/16/09 at 9:46pm

For this type of show, would be better? (Regarding seeing the stage well and facial expressions).

Orchestra: Row M, 110, 112

or:

Orchestra: Row G, seats 6,8.

Basically, is it better to sit further back but more centered, or to sit closer to the front but toward the side of the theatre?

Thanks for your help!!!

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

Videos